PDA

View Full Version : American Idol

Twigz
01-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Where can i start with this show? There have been many remakes of it around the world (the original of course was made in the UK), billions of dollars has been made of products concerning this show, millions of people have auditioned for this show (most with bad results), and many stars have been found out of the woodwork because of this show. Most recently, Jennifer Hudson, a castoff of Season 3, said to be eliminated too early, won a Golden Globe Award last night for her remarkable performance in the movie "Dreamgirls". So, as you can see, it is a very popular venue, and it starts again tonight with it's sixth season looking for unknown stars. Besides me, do you watch it, and if yes, are you looking forward to it? If not, just put what you have or have not heard about it...

KittyCat72
01-16-2007, 08:20 PM
I watched the whole first season, and voted a lot. But I barely watch at all now. Just if there is nothing on and I want to hear horrible people try to sing. Every once in a while someone good comes along.

LiNuX
01-16-2007, 09:00 PM
lol i saw part of it tonite, all got rejected, o well, no time today, got home at around 9:20 lol

souljaa
01-16-2007, 09:19 PM
I saw it today...The guy in the red shirt with the juggling stick...Whoa..That was HALARIOUS...and the "cowboy"..man funny show lol :)...But there were some good singers here and there.

aosmallan
01-17-2007, 06:18 AM
haha I only like the fist part of American idol... where they're going through all the wannabes since that's the funniest part lol after that it gets repetitive and boring in my opinion.

Twigz
01-17-2007, 06:07 PM
That seems to be the objective for people: watch the beginning part (which is the funniest, IMO anyway) and laugh their behinds off...and one question...What are these people thinking??!! Just for a TV show? To embarrass yourself by trying to sing and then rejecting someone else's opinion and consistently going on your own, which is wrong anyway? (Guess that wasn't one question after all...)

Stephie
01-17-2007, 07:09 PM
I watched it too last night..KInda funny. I think the girl from Colombia will make it to the top 10

souljaa
01-17-2007, 11:18 PM
The guy from the US navy is good too.

Twigz
01-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Yeah, he was one of the folks that surprised me a whole lot...can't think of others right now, but they were there...

souljaa
01-18-2007, 04:25 PM
Lol yeah. The girl from the army is good to..The reserve...There's many.

diablo
01-19-2007, 01:11 PM
this show is always funny, i dont really care about who wins as long as someone makes me laugh with their stupidity :)

Twigz
01-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Oh, and there is abundance of those people that you wish to see...especially this season...but on the news, I heard that the judges have been "getting meaner" on the show...some people say it's just for ratings...but I think they say when people think...you?

souljaa
01-19-2007, 04:41 PM
Na..I don't think they've gotten meaner. I mean Paula rarely ever goes against someone. Randy...he's in and out sometimes...It's only Simon....But he's always right in the end....Most of the time..And he's just being honest...Which kind of helps the people that can really sings, sometimes he;s just over-doing it.

Twigz
01-24-2007, 06:23 PM
This week, they had this girl who was mumbling during the whole song...again...WTF makes you go up there and sing like that??!!

souljaa
01-24-2007, 06:46 PM
This week, they had this girl who was mumbling during the whole song...again...WTF makes you go up there and sing like that??!!

LMFAO..hahaha yeah i saw that...hahahahaha

Twigz
01-24-2007, 06:53 PM
And this morning they continued to dog her...I mean she was all over the news and talk shows...I felt bad for her...then I felt like I should be admired for watching that...or did she say a mayor?? Cracks the shiznik outta me...