PDA

View Full Version : 360 premium gets price drop(effictive weekend of 7/6)

jakncoke
06-26-2008, 09:47 PM
http://lh5.ggpht.com/luxarific/SGP_kyDSc1I/AAAAAAAAABc/ZxzMTubSPNg/s400/0626081219b.jpg

cool, maybe I'll get this version instead of the Elite. Although I'm still scared about running out of room.

Trunks
06-26-2008, 09:52 PM
http://lh5.ggpht.com/luxarific/SGP_kyDSc1I/AAAAAAAAABc/ZxzMTubSPNg/s400/0626081219b.jpg

cool, maybe I'll get this version instead of the Elite. Although I'm still scared about running out of room.

You could always buy an extra hard drive. You one for saved files and the other for demos and games.

jakncoke
06-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Except Microsoft rapes you on HDD costs.

Shixx
06-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Yeah, you most likely will run out of room. Too bad M$ is too greedy to allow any External HD to Work like the PS3 does.

rukisuto
06-27-2008, 08:04 AM
How much room do you think you need?
We have a 20 GB hard drive and it's lasted us for two years now..?
Well, pretty much however long this console has been out, lol.

I would love to have the elite though.. if I had the money.
Looks BA :]

Samus-Fan
06-27-2008, 08:33 AM
I have a 20 gb since they came out and we still are not out of room on it.
Agreeing with Ruki, I would like a Elite just for the looks, though

rukisuto
06-27-2008, 11:20 AM

Yeah, I still have like 12.7 GB or something left.
I have to go on it and clean it out though.
I do it yearly, lol.

jakncoke
06-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Yeah, I still have like 12.7 GB or something left.
I have to go on it and clean it out though.
I do it yearly, lol.

So none of you buy games off of markertplace? cause seriously that's what scaring me...I'll be buying loads of them for gamerscore+lots of interesting ones.

EpsilonX
06-27-2008, 02:11 PM
The only way i'll get a 360 is if they come out with some good artsy action/adventure games, and if the Elite drops in price.

rukisuto
06-27-2008, 05:25 PM
So none of you buy games off of markertplace? cause seriously that's what scaring me...I'll be buying loads of them for gamerscore+lots of interesting ones.

Oh, no I don't buy anything off the marketplace.
I guess I understand your dilemma now.
Is the elite still the same price?

jakncoke
06-27-2008, 05:31 PM
Oh, no I don't buy anything off the marketplace.
I guess I understand your dilemma now.
Is the elite still the same price?

As far as I know. If I see new news I'll update...but for now it's just the premium. Really they need to lower the core and elite so they they compete better against the Wii and stop going neck and neck with the PS3. Also Sony needs to drop it's price now... 350 for 40gb and 450 for 80gb would be a decent start but I doubt they'll do it seeing there was an article recently saying PS3 cost Sony 3 billion so far, I suppose Microsoft isn't worried about markershare anymore and just want to concentrate on profits seeing they burned through so much with Xbox and then 1 billion RROD fund.

LiNuX
06-28-2008, 12:48 PM
$299? i've been seeing a ton of commercials saying $269...

Scott
06-28-2008, 10:29 PM
I've almost filled mine. And that's just with game saves and music. But I don't have £120 for abigger one. With that money I'd get a new bigger ipod.

jakncoke
06-29-2008, 12:52 AM
$299? i've been seeing a ton of commercials saying $269...

the tard system(aka Core with no HD) is 270. Like the PS3 there is many versions of 360 that are and have been on the market..too bad they didn't follow Nintendo's approach and go with 1 system at a time for a long time...I'm half expecting a new PS3 model this E3 just because I expect Sony to do something stupid again.

LiNuX
06-29-2008, 01:15 AM
the tard system(aka Core with no HD) is 270. Like the PS3 there is many versions of 360 that are and have been on the market..too bad they didn't follow Nintendo's approach and go with 1 system at a time for a long time...I'm half expecting a new PS3 model this E3 just because I expect Sony to do something stupid again.

oh, then they aren't telling us everything in the commercial, doesn't say anything about "no hdd" lol

meh..just $30 more

jakncoke
07-01-2008, 02:50 PM
:Rumor:

A leaked scan of an upcoming K-mart ad that shows the 20GB 360 Pro model selling for $299.99 has led many to believe that the system will see a price drop at E3. I have since received an e-mail with a copy of a communication from a usually trustworthy source that claims that the price drop is not only pending, but a 60GB Xbox 360 is coming as well.

"At E3 Microsoft will make an official announcement that we are dropping the 20GB pro console to $299... As we launch the 60GB SKU throughout July, the 20GB SKU will DISCONTINUE. You will see the new SKU on your 7/1 price list," the communication reads.

As always, this is strictly rumor, but moving around the size of the hard drive in a current-generation system is hardly a new strategy. It also makes sense to release a model between the 20GB and 120GB sizes that are currently available for the 360 hardware. If the 60GB model is real, it's unknown what other changes—if any—will be coming to the system.

E3 is scheduled for July 15-17, although Microsoft will be holding its press conference on July 14, before the show itself begins.
Buzz up!

That'd be nice if the 60gb came out to be true and was still 300..but I bet it'll raise back to 350.

jakncoke
07-13-2008, 05:14 PM
Update.

Xbox 360 Console Now Offers Triple the Storage

Published July 13, 2008

Redmond, Washington—Microsoft is giving consumers more gigabytes for their buck. The company today announced an Xbox 360® console with triple the storage space of the original console, but for the same price of $349 (U.S.) estimated retail price.

Available in retail stores in the U.S. and Canada starting in early August, the upgraded Xbox 360 will include a 60GB hard drive for storing the growing wealth of digital entertainment available for the console, including music, movies, television shows, and game content. In addition, Microsoft today dropped the price of its 20GB Xbox 360 console in the U.S. and Canada to just $299 (U.S.) (ERP) while supplies last, a savings of $50.

"We know consumers need more and more space to store the amazing digital content Xbox 360 offers, and we're giving it to them at no extra charge," said Albert Penello, Xbox director of product management at Microsoft. "No one device offers the depth and breadth of entertainment that Xbox 360 can deliver, and now you'll have three times the storage to manage all that great content."

Xbox 360 is just one of three Xbox 360 gaming and entertainment systems Microsoft offers. Microsoft's Xbox 360 Arcade, which comes with a 256MB memory unit and five Xbox LIVE Arcade games, is a value for the whole family for $279 (U.S.) (ERP), and the premium Xbox 360 Elite console is available with a 120GB hard drive for $449 (U.S.) (ERP).

Out of the box, the Xbox 360 console is ready to provide an incredible gaming and entertainment experience:

* Xbox 360 console: The console is equipped with a cool white finish and three powerful core processors capable of producing the best in high definition (HD) entertainment (up to 1080p for gaming), 16:9 cinematic aspect ratio, anti-aliasing for smooth textures, full surround sound, and high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) output.
* 60GB Hard Drive: The 60GB detachable hard drive allows you to save your games and store television shows, movies, music, pictures, trailers, levels, demos, and other content available from Xbox LIVE Marketplace, the premier one-stop digital download center for entertainment.
* Upscaling DVD Player: With an HDMI cable (sold separately), watch your favorite DVDs in near high-definition using the upscaling capabilities of Xbox 360.
* Xbox 360 Wireless Controller: This award-winning, high-performance wireless controller features the Xbox Guide Button for quick, in-game access to friends and music. It has a range of up to 30 feet and a battery life of up to 30 hours on two AA batteries.
* Xbox 360 Headset: The headset lets friends and family around the world chat while playing games, watching movies, or sending voice messages on Xbox LIVE.
* Xbox LIVE Silver Membership: For no additional cost, Xbox 360 owners can chat with friends online, collect Achievements to improve their Gamerscores, send and receive voice and text messages, and access Xbox LIVE Marketplace content such as game demos, and purchase or rent HD movies and TV shows, as well as the best in downloadable games from Xbox LIVE Arcade. (Broadband Internet access required.)
* One-month subscription to Xbox LIVE Gold: An Xbox LIVE Gold Membership provides a complete online entertainment experience. Those who subscribe to this premium service can engage in competitive online multiplayer matches, tailor their matchmaking via feedback and accomplishments, and chat with an entire group of friends at a time.

So once 20gb are all sold you won't be able to get one so if you like 300 pricetag get one quick. I personally think 350 for a 60gb is good value but they still should drop it too 300 or less this fall, drop the Arcade price below Wii's pricing, and have the Elite at 400 or less. That will unlikely help them against the Wii but it will most defiantly help against the PS3.

Hockeyfan
07-13-2008, 10:34 PM
As far as I know. If I see new news I'll update...but for now it's just the premium. Really they need to lower the core and elite so they they compete better against the Wii and stop going neck and neck with the PS3. Also Sony needs to drop it's price now... 350 for 40gb and 450 for 80gb would be a decent start but I doubt they'll do it seeing there was an article recently saying PS3 cost Sony 3 billion so far, I suppose Microsoft isn't worried about markershare anymore and just want to concentrate on profits seeing they burned through so much with Xbox and then 1 billion RROD fund.

Then maybe $400 or something for the 60GB.

I saw that in the paper today, but I would run out of GB fast also.

jakncoke
07-14-2008, 11:12 AM
tbh I have no freaking clue what you just posted there, care to clarify?