PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

blaze4556
06-27-2008, 09:26 AM
Its been a while since i made a review, sorry bout that. Heres my review of KOTOR

http://www.gamershell.com/static/boxart/large/uk/4538.jpg

Most Star Wars games are god awfull but, kotor is probably the best star wars game even though it came out back in 2003 and one of the best RPG games of all time. You wake up on a ship not knowing where you are or how you got there, sadly theres no time to sit and find out because the ship is getting attacked by a warlord called Revan. The ship gets boarded by robots and one or two Jedi. You have to make your way to the escape pods. The main quest line is about a possible weapon called The Star Forge, You have to find pieces of a map leading to it, on differant planets which is no easy task. The reason this is such a cool RPG is because the devs made this game in a way where they give you KOTOR and tell you to do what you want and complete it in anyway that you wish. Instead of helping an innocent person in court you could make sure he goes to jail, instead of helping someone thats getting beaten up by thugs, you could kill him and kill the gang. Theres always two options good or evil, these choices effect the game and how people think of you. if your always being evil then you'll end up with a dark skin colour as if your turning into a sith.

http://www.ugo.com/images/galleries/knightsoftheoldrepublic2_games/1.jpg

Once you find your own ship, you'll be able to fly to differant planets and do quests, if you find them hard then you can go to a differant planet and then come back at another time. i once went through a sith base and when i got to the boss. he was way too hard for me, i went to another planet and lvled up a few times. Then when i came back to the boss, he was easy as hell to defeat. Theres no limit to when you stop lvling up so you can do loads of side quests and become so powerfull that the main quest line would be easy to complete. When you lvl up you can gain new jedi powers or sith powers. The sith powers are much better then the jedi because they are made for killing people while the jedi powers are made for healing and kinda like buffing yourself. You also lvl your party members since you can bring 2 of them with you on your travels. Force powers arn't the only thing you can lvl up. you also lvl Feats for gaining stronger attack abilities, and you also have a few other abilities you can lvl like hacking computers.

http://www.xbox365.com/gdb/images/EplFyukAEVuLfvmVSt/Star_Wars_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_II_The_Sith_ Lords_5_500.jpg

Your probably thinking that the planets all look the same but you would be completely wrong. You can trave to the sith homeworld Korriban where you can join a sith academy, or you can travel to the water world of manaan which is a big city sarounded by water that stretches as far as the eye can see. Theres also the jedi world dantooin which has its own jedi accademy as well and a few other planets. the combat is a bit weird but heres a quote from wikipedia that explains it more then i can "Combat is round-based; time is divided into discrete rounds, and combatants attack and react simultaneously. However, the number of actions a combatant may perform each round is limited. While each round's duration is a fixed short interval of real time, the player can configure the combat system to pause at specific events or at the end of each round" it might seem complicated if you never played it but its pretty simple.

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/e/e5/Ahto_City.jpg

The graphics are pretty good seeing as though the game came out 5 years ago. If you played mass effect and you felt that it could have been longer and bigger then you should definantly try KOTOR because the devs that made mass effect and KOTOR are the same. You'll start out with only one other ally but the further you progress in the game the more people you meet and the more people that want to join you on your quest. Each of them has a story to tell and there all unique.

If you ever see this game in the shops then you should definantly buy it. I haven't had that much fun when playing a game since oblivion. KOTOR is a very long compared to the ones that come out now. It took me about 4 days to complete. It's funny how bioware put a huge and amazing RPG on a small disc, and im not surprised that it was game of the year. i recommened that anyone who likes RPG's should go on ebay and buy this game because you'll get more then your moneys worth.

story-9.7
gameplay-8.9
graphics-7.8

overall-9.5

http://old-republic.com/images/kotor/screenshots/kotor_screen_shots_01.jpg

Samus-Fan
06-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Good review!

I have heard of this game, heard how good it was, ect. But I think I might buy it, cause it sounds really good!

blaze4556
06-27-2008, 02:49 PM
Good review!

I have heard of this game, heard how good it was, ect. But I think I might buy it, cause it sounds really good!

My son...in history theres a set few games that you HAVE to play before you die..kotor has its name written in stone ;-)

LiNuX
06-27-2008, 09:22 PM
i have never been a huge fan of star wars or their games lol, but i remember playing this in a circuit city once, was only able to play for like 15 mins before they kicked me off so some other little kid could play lol

good review, i enjoyed the 15 minutes and sux i dont have a next gen console to play the game in my own home

rukisuto
06-27-2008, 10:05 PM
i have never been a huge fan of star wars or their games lol, but i remember playing this in a circuit city once, was only able to play for like 15 mins before they kicked me off so some other little kid could play lol

good review, i enjoyed the 15 minutes and sux i dont have a next gen console to play the game in my own home

You mean last gen?

Anyways, I've never played the game myself.
Good review on it.
Not too sure it's my thing though.

LiNuX
06-27-2008, 10:53 PM
You mean last gen?

Anyways, I've never played the game myself.
Good review on it.
Not too sure it's my thing though.

lol yeah, i was talking about the xbox lol - kept thinking 360 for some reason

Scott
06-28-2008, 11:59 AM
I like KOTOR it was better than 2. Because of the plot twist. I still have it for the PC.

Tjoflojt
12-21-2008, 01:53 PM
Theres no limit to when you stop lvling up

last time i checked 20 was max. but maybe there's som patch that extends it to 50 like KoRoR II or something.

EDIT: But i have the PC-version. maybe there's something different.

Pocmin
12-21-2008, 07:45 PM
I would continue playing mine if I never had the goddarned freezing loading screen D<