PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P A-Train

jakncoke
06-28-2008, 02:04 AM
Well here's how the story goes I hours of the game back in the PS1 era and I see it today on my dvd shelf, I figure what the hell I give it a go again(first time in 5+ years) and I look at the disc and see how many scratches it has and begin to worry but I'm immediately remember that the PS3 laser is strong and should read through them without a sweat. Pop in the game and it doesn't work, so I think well seeing this is a obscure game and probably sold like **** maybe it just isn't compatible with the PS3. I go to the site and it states no major problems so I then broke it up because if a PS3 can't read it there's no way a PS1/2 will and laid her to rest in the video game graveyard

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm292/jasonbay1987/Picture.jpg

R.I.P ;(

Good news is that copies are dirt cheap on Amazon

Iceskater101
06-28-2008, 09:41 AM
aww that sucks. well if they are really cheap then you should buy a new one

LiNuX
06-28-2008, 10:14 AM
lol broke it on purpose? i think there are cd scratch cure-ers or something, there are some computer lasers that should be able to read it lol

but hey, you had to do what you had to do to put a-train out of his misery

RIP indeed

Scott
06-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Oh well... why not get the new one, I know it's on the 360 but I dunno about the PS3.

jakncoke
06-29-2008, 01:27 AM
lol broke it on purpose? i think there are cd scratch cure-ers or something, there are some computer lasers that should be able to read it lol

but hey, you had to do what you had to do to put a-train out of his misery

RIP indeed

ya but for old game why would I spend whatever amount of dollars on cd stratch cure-er?

Oh well... why not get the new one, I know it's on the 360 but I dunno about the PS3.

lol, wat? A-Train appeared on Amiga, DOS, Famicom, PlayStation, Macintosh, SNES, PC-9800, FM-Towns, X68000, Windows 95, Virtual Console. it's not either 360/PS3. That'd be sweet if they put in PSN/Live for 5 bucks though.

Scott
06-29-2008, 11:42 AM
There's a game called A-Train HX on 360. It was released not long ago. And I used to own an A-Train game for PS2 because I used to like those games.

jakncoke
06-29-2008, 11:49 AM
There's a game called A-Train HX on 360. It was released not long ago. And I used to own an A-Train game for PS2 because I used to like those games.

That's nice but that has nothing to do with this topic.

Djdoubt03
07-05-2008, 12:24 AM
A-train was one of the best sims. I usetoo love it on my old 386 pc

Samus-Fan
07-05-2008, 08:04 AM
Toothpaste.
You could have put some toothpaste on it, rub it on all the scratches, and then washing is off.
Toothpaste fills in the scratches and then it can read it.

But hey, RIP