PDA

View Full Version : Review Smackdown! vs RAW 2007

Raw!
06-30-2008, 08:50 PM
My first time reviewing a game after a couple of months. Glad to be back, and here is my review on SvR 07, a game that is very entertaining, fun, and challenging. A must buy for fans of WWE, and people should look into this game for people that haven't seen the WWE, because this game may change your mind on that.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/Train13-14/wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2007-200608160.jpg

Graphics - 8/10

The graphics are a major improvement from 2006, but still falling quite short for a 360 video-game.

The Bad:

Crowd looks horrible
Glitches here and there (ie: wrestlers stuck, doing the same thing over and over again)
Same old ring, nothing improved to make it interesting
Weapons the same.

The Good:

Characters (wrestlers) are much improved.
Create-A-Superstar lets you create a superstar with lots of combinations to choose from, so your superstar looks unique.
Create-A-Entrance lets you create a entrance using other superstars entrance routines, creative, and fun
Fighting in the crowd is a good feature that they included in SvR 07, and the options of how to finish your opponents are good. (and look good to)
Finishers look good

Overall, the graphics could have been better because it's on the 360, but I'll give it points, it is better then most games out there.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/Train13-14/wwesvr07review.jpg

Batista hits 'The Great Khali's' head into the table in what I believe to be is a 'Table' match.

Gameplay: 9/10

The gameplay is basically given lots of paths. You can be a high-flyer or you can be one heck of a power wrestler. And with each category there is a set of moves, for example, in power you can have the power-bomb, but in high flying you can have the Hurracanra (sp?). Or you can be a hybrid, which I don't suggest doing, because you need to be lower then 200lbs to be a high flyer, and more then 240 to be a power wrestler. The fighting mechanism of the game is this, striking, "X button" and grappling, "right thumbstick." If you created your own superstar, you can edit the way you grapple and the way you strike, to make it to your preference. What keeps this from getting a 10 is the fact that after a while, it gets boring, because you are repeating the same thing over and over again, and if you aren't facing your own weight division, you will have one tough time trying to lift up your opponent and trying to get him for a pin. I'm not saying this is bad, because it's making it realistic, but the fact that you end up repeating moves over and over again making it boring is bad. 9/10.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/Train13-14/wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2007-200608-2.jpg

Chris Benoit locks Booker T in what I think is a 'Sharpshooter'
Otherwise known as a submission hold.

Story - 8/10

There are many little story plots in this game, all of them depend on what character you choose. But the thing is, there isn't a variety of stories, it's just you choose your path. For example, if you chose the Smackdown brand, and won 4 matches, you will get a title shot early. But, if you didn't win 4, you may be heading to the 'Royal Rumble' to capture a chance to go and face the respected champion. Once you've played through the game and actually beat it 3-4 times, you'll see the stories becoming a lot more boring, and you just won't play. However the good thing is that there is a mode called 'Challenge' mode, which basically puts you into situations that actually happened in the WWE, and lets you play them. If you beat all that, there is a mystery bonus, (which I haven't gotten yet myself) that you have to beat. It's nice, and fun. Overall, the story gets a 8/10. It gets repetetive, but has kept me going for well over a month.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/Train13-14/wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2007-200608010.jpg

Triple H hits a diving elbow on John Cena when he is on a ladder/ in a ladder match.

Overall: 8.5/10

This game is definately not the best out there, but will entertain you. Fans of the WWE should definately get this, and people that haven't watched WWE much, or have never watched it, should give this game a go. It's fun, and I just can't find myself putting down the controler, especially with all the options Create-A-Superstar has, and Create-A-Moveset, Create-A-Entrance, etc. There are some bad, like sometimes there are glitches, graphics aren't the best, music is really repetetive and sometimes annoys the heck out of you, commentary always repeats itself and annoys you, the fun factor definately is bigger then the cons in this game. Overall, 8.5/10.

LiNuX
06-30-2008, 08:54 PM
is this game on the ps2? i think i played this

i have the 2006 version, well technically its my sister's but i paid for it lol

and chris benoit *sigh* why.....RIP

good come back review :) i was just watching Raw too, not you, the WWE Show

Iceskater101
06-30-2008, 08:55 PM
chris benoit? is that the wrestler that had a heart failure or am I thinking of somebody else..?
anywayz back on topic good review

LiNuX
06-30-2008, 08:56 PM
chris benoit? is that the wrestler that had a heart failure or am I thinking of somebody else..?
anywayz back on topic good review

nah..he had some mental problems from drugs, he tied up his family, killed them, and committed suice - its sad

another one Eddie Guerrero - he died of drug overdose - one of my favorite entertainers

btw, do you know if this game has Eddie Guerrero ?

Trunks
06-30-2008, 08:58 PM
Good Review, There as good as the old ones that I have read. It's good to know you didn't lose your touch.

The game play seems the same as Smack down here comes the pain. Although WWE games are repetitive they are pretty fun when you play with your friends.....

Raw!
06-30-2008, 09:11 PM
@Iceskater -

Like LiNuX said, Benoit basically commited murder-suicide. By killing his son and wife then killing himself. People say it's roid-rage, but doctors say they think it's cause of brain damage, causing him to lose it.

@LiNuX -

I have to say Benoit and Eddie are my favorite wrestlers, and now that they are gone, there are no wrestlers that can come close to what they have done. I'm not saying all of the others are bad, they just can't match the stuff Benoit and Eddie have left in the ring.

Also, yes, Eddie is in SvR07, but he's a WWE Legend, aka Hall of Fame. You can't play as him in career mode, but single matches.

LiNuX
06-30-2008, 09:14 PM
@Iceskater -

Like LiNuX said, Benoit basically commited murder-suicide. By killing his son and wife then killing himself. People say it's roid-rage, but doctors say they think it's cause of brain damage, causing him to lose it.

@LiNuX -

I have to say Benoit and Eddie are my favorite wrestlers, and now that they are gone, there are no wrestlers that can come close to what they have done. I'm not saying all of the others are bad, they just can't match the stuff Benoit and Eddie have left in the ring.

Also, yes, Eddie is in SvR07, but he's a WWE Legend, aka Hall of Fame. You can't play as him in career mode, but single matches.

definitely two of my favorites too, stone cold and triple H are some of my other favorites and now stone cold isn't even there so there isn't much to the show these days

they even got rid of ric flair and the undertaker which makes it worse

Scott
06-30-2008, 09:38 PM
It's one of the most reptitive games but also a brilliant game for multiplayer on and offline. I would never buy it for the singleplayer because it's the same storylines every year.

rukisuto
07-01-2008, 08:10 AM
Great review, glad to see you're back on board :]
Now where are your MOVIE reviews mister? lol.

diablo
07-01-2008, 12:23 PM
hey glad to see you're back on reviews raw :D i played this game and it was great, i think i played the 2008 one as well but i dont remember lol, dont remember much of a difference