PDA

View Full Version : Which class is your favorite?

Tvae
07-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Of the original 9 classes (Warrior, Paladin, Rogue, Hunter, Mage, Priest, Druid, Shaman, and Warlock), which one is your favorite?

(I left of Death Knights because they are both a hero class, and aren't even released yet.)

Samus-Fan
07-01-2008, 08:44 PM
Which ever are the Skeletons, zombie, undead whatever. They are the coolest.
I am not voting 'cause I don't remember their names

Tvae
07-01-2008, 09:40 PM
Those are one the races, not the classes.

The races are:
Undead, Orcs, Tauren (minotaur like cow-people), Trolls, and Blood Elves (elves gone evil) for the Horde,
and Humans, Dwarves, Night Elves (nature aligned elves), Gnomes, and Draenei (space faring goat people. or something like that.) for the Alliance.

Classes are how the character fights:
Warrior - Sword and shield, go out and bash stuff, chop stuff, kill stuff.
Paladin - Sword and shield again, also knows a few holy spells to heal and buff.
Rogue - They do it from behind. With pointy objects.
Hunter - Shoots from afar, and can tame pets to help them keep the enemy away.
Mage - Fire, ice, and arcane magics. Lots of spells = lots of destruction.
Priest - Groups are always looking for them. They heal stuff.
Druid - Turn into an animal and bash away, or stay back and cast spells. Either way.
Shaman - Totems and spells of elemental origin. Can also turn into a spirit wolf.
Warlock - Curses, demons, and the ability to make people run around in circles in fear.

Riku-Nara
07-01-2008, 09:53 PM
Paladin's.
Because they mix the best of all elements.

Samus-Fan
07-01-2008, 10:05 PM
Hunter, sounds the most like an archer.
Shouldn't that be its own class?

Kujo
07-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Well, the obvious answer is the Warlocks because for 2.5 years, thats what I played and you all know by now that everything I touch is 100% pure awesomeness.

Warlock = SOOO MUCH FREAKING DAMAGE IS NOT EVEN FAIR TO WHOEVER I AM DUELING!!!!

Trunks
07-02-2008, 09:28 PM
I played as a druid for about a year and a half. I say that they are one of the best PvP classes. I normally just did arena and went around ganking people. Ganking never gets old....

Blackleo
07-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Hey Tvae .... well put for the rogues !!! >.<

Veriaset
08-21-2008, 02:17 AM
Droooooood

Frank-the-Rabbit
01-20-2010, 05:00 AM
Warlock all the way. Played one since the begining and has always been my favorite class.

Orpheus
01-20-2010, 05:02 AM
Rogue, because they're sneaky, sneaky, sneaky!

jango
01-20-2010, 07:46 AM
i love all my toons tbh, each in their own way

however, for sheer versitility and awesomesauce i would have to vote for warrior

cr4ftm4ch1ne
03-02-2010, 05:29 AM
I would be glad if they make a necromancer!:D

angel89i
05-02-2010, 06:21 AM
Retribution Paladin = Win Paladin

Tokyo
05-02-2010, 05:45 PM
i have an 80 of every class horde and ally sooo idk really

GrandMoff
05-02-2010, 10:11 PM
I do not play WoW, but I know if I did, I would opt for the priest.

wildabe
05-30-2010, 04:07 PM
I loved my warlock dearly once the patch came out that bumped all char to lvl 70 caps because there was a new pet that ruled (forgot the name). Warlocks were also pretty great for instances at that point. But up until then... MAN WERE THEY TERRIBLE! The most fun I had playing every day was with the rogue's. It was awesome being so sneaky :)

jango
05-30-2010, 04:13 PM
I loved my warlock dearly once the patch came out that bumped all char to lvl 70 caps because there was a new pet that ruled (forgot the name). Warlocks were also pretty great for instances at that point. But up until then... MAN WERE THEY TERRIBLE! The most fun I had playing every day was with the rogue's. It was awesome being so sneaky :)

Aye they kinda became dodgy around sunwell, pre-nerf, but thankfully the re-jig of their talents made them a lot more viable. I think the pet ur referring to is the felguard btw :)

Jokersvirus
05-30-2010, 04:22 PM
Warriors, Locks.

Im a tank and as a lock i spread my love, and aids, to everyone!

wildabe
05-30-2010, 04:29 PM
Felgaurd! That was it!! :D

Alfouginn
06-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Shaman is my fav from the classic races but from current content DK all the way!

vepanator
06-15-2010, 08:50 AM
even trough I usually play with my hunter, my favourite class is warrior :)

DirtyDMan
06-15-2010, 04:06 PM
I always play as a Warrior...

DreamsideDominion
06-16-2010, 12:39 AM
Dont play anymore, but when I did warrior and paladins by far. Hunter would be my third

cody5405
06-20-2010, 12:09 AM
warlock(eventhough my main is a hunter) because i like the use of demons as a companion

MyLifeIsRandom
07-08-2010, 01:28 PM
I choose Druid, even if my current toon is a Priest whom I love. Reason is that Druids are just so versatile. I barely made the decision to roll a new character because a simple change of spec and gear allowed me to be what I wanted as a Druid. However, Heroics grinding took its toll on me and I grew extremely bored of my Restoration Druid. I didn't even have the motivation to farm for a Feral Bear set, even though I had the Two-Hand Mace reward from the Quel'delar quest.

I'll be rolling a Worgen Druid when Cataclysm launches, and by that time my girl will probably be rolling her Alliance toon right alongside me.

BeanieOnMyHead
01-01-2011, 03:26 AM
Well I've played a Troll Hunter for 2 years, then messed with various alts, from 80 warriors, to 80 priests!

So far my favorite (before quitting WoW pre-Cata)
was an undead Priest, Simple magnificent to me, love casters ever since!:D

jango
01-01-2011, 03:31 AM
Well I've played a Troll Hunter for 2 years, then messed with various alts, from 80 warriors, to 80 priests!

So far my favorite (before quitting WoW pre-Cata)
was an undead Priest, Simple magnificent to me, love casters ever since!:D

I'm guessing Shadow? I loved my shadow priest a few years ago .. was lots of fun.

BeanieOnMyHead
01-01-2011, 04:09 AM
i was Dual-Specced shadow and Disco, then played out the rest till i retired from WoW as a Holy priest.

Polishkid
01-13-2011, 05:24 PM
i have an 85 warrior on the server draka and he is a beast lol jk but he is pretty well geared

Jayhmmz
01-13-2011, 06:07 PM
I'm a huntard at heart

triphead
03-08-2011, 01:35 AM
dont play any more i think post tbc it has been ruined sint wotlk i have not yet bought catalysm n dont know if i will. but i had a lvl 80 mage 80 druid and 80 hunter in wotlk. mage was my frave pre wotlk :D

Saph
03-28-2011, 06:55 PM
Shaman.

Cause of what it represents, and also the all around usefulness. They can do anything except tank, really.

Buff, Melee DPS, ranged DPS, and healing.

I have played a Shaman since the early early days, and they remain to this day my favorite class, despite me having leveling each and every class to atleast level 60(except priest, actually, I can't stand priest...)

Mizel
06-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Favorite class? Wow, thats a hard one... Ive played every class and honestly I really like them all for different reasons. Favorite pve class Id have to say is Warlock and favorite pvp class Ill go with shammy :P

EpsilonX
06-06-2011, 11:57 AM
I love how this is pretty much the only topic my one friend made on this forum and it's still posted in to this day

Mizel
06-06-2011, 12:07 PM
LOL Yea, I did notice that this thread was created quite a long time ago... just means it was a good topic ;)

BitterKingSkyler
07-17-2011, 08:52 AM
I'd have to say I enjoy playing Mage the most Its so easy to get around with teleporting I also never have to buy food or water it's great! But the reason I enjoy playing mage
s the most is because they're so damn over powered.

Koudelka
07-26-2011, 04:57 PM
The only game that I've played where I can choose what stuff I learn is White Knight Chronicles. I chose "paladin" because in that game I sort of became one. I learned healing magic and used a one-handed sword. Obviously, I wouldn't be as strong as a two-handed sword user, but it makes me a little quicker. Plus, I hate using staffs or bows, so the one-handed sword seems like the right choice. I hate to be without healing magic because sometimes you can't rely on others to keep you from dying.

Mizel
07-28-2011, 12:29 PM
I think since my last post I have changed my mind.... been playing Disc Priest. Love it!! :D

PRODIGY404
09-06-2011, 07:31 AM
wow, from all the people ive known i though everyone hated hunters haha, i dont play anymore but still thats pretty cool.

Mizel
09-09-2011, 08:20 AM
Oh, people still hate hunters lol The lack of love for hunters and DKs will always remain :P

R!nG
09-09-2011, 08:48 AM
hunters own rogues.... flare and trap ftw..
new cloak for hunter all the better...
thieves... bah!!!!
we'l hunt you down

Mizel
09-09-2011, 08:53 AM
Oh, Hunters for PvP = <3<3 Damn.... now I wanna go play WoW -__-

ROFLBRYCE
09-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Oh, Hunters for PvP = <3<3 Damn.... now I wanna go play WoW -__-

I hated playing hunters for PvP. Just hated worrying aboutmy pet dying and it's health x__x They still hold a place in my heart for dungeons though, even though nobody wants us..

Found a good blood/unholy balance for DK PvP, though. Tougher to die, with the disease still just annihilating.

R!nG
09-09-2011, 11:18 AM
try a mm hunter with discp priest... or a afflic warlock.. ownage

NumberedEyes
09-09-2011, 01:36 PM
My fav class is the priest but not the priest as you play it today, I love the burning crusade priest i could raid as shadow i wasnt expected to top dps but what i did do was offheal the whole raid while refueling there mana it was a really awesome and unique class/spec back then it felt like a real support class no matter what spec you went.

so yea priest during burning crusade.

if we had to go by cata class's then probably feral druid right now i really love my drood.

R!nG
09-10-2011, 02:00 AM
yes, shadow p, can do surpisingly good dps and support balance... but a druid or lock or even a survival hunter gives more dot.... even in raids... locks heathstone and haunt are healing enough... and everyone loves the portal..8)

Mizel
09-12-2011, 12:25 PM
I hated playing hunters for PvP. Just hated worrying aboutmy pet dying and it's health x__x They still hold a place in my heart for dungeons though, even though nobody wants us..

Found a good blood/unholy balance for DK PvP, though. Tougher to die, with the disease still just annihilating.

I hatedddd lock for PvP which is funny cause my mains a lock -and- they tend to be badass at it :P Dunno why just never got the hang of it... but as a BM hunter its nice cause if you find a good hiding spot you can do some good damage ;) Most recently Disc Priest is awesome in PvP and PvE- which I didnt expect.. was healer and DPSing better then anyone in dungeons.. very OP, im sure that will change soon though- yay for patches constantly changing everything hah

ROFLBRYCE
09-12-2011, 01:55 PM
I hatedddd lock for PvP which is funny cause my mains a lock -and- they tend to be badass at it :P Dunno why just never got the hang of it... but as a BM hunter its nice cause if you find a good hiding spot you can do some good damage ;) Most recently Disc Priest is awesome in PvP and PvE- which I didnt expect.. was healer and DPSing better then anyone in dungeons.. very OP, im sure that will change soon though- yay for patches constantly changing everything hah

I wanna play WoW again x____x

I played hunter for a while, till I rolled DK on a new server. Tried going back a while ago, but couldn't get the hang of a ton of things 4.0 changed. Always hated locks for PvP, even though their DoTS were a bi**h if you got them on you yourself. I remember playing frost mage for PvP back in TBC, they were just nasty. PoM Pyro was sweet too, I remember hearing they took it out but I never actually looked into it and seen if they did. It was the funnest to gank around Booty Bay with. 1 hitting anybody 45 and lower when you were at 70 lol.

Mizel
09-12-2011, 02:11 PM
I wanna play WoW again x____x

I played hunter for a while, till I rolled DK on a new server. Tried going back a while ago, but couldn't get the hang of a ton of things 4.0 changed. Always hated locks for PvP, even though their DoTS were a bi**h if you got them on you yourself. I remember playing frost mage for PvP back in TBC, they were just nasty. PoM Pyro was sweet too, I remember hearing they took it out but I never actually looked into it and seen if they did. It was the funnest to gank around Booty Bay with. 1 hitting anybody 45 and lower when you were at 70 lol.

Haha, thats how I feel too every time I talk about it :P But yea, going back after any big patch or expansion sucks no matter what, just gotta get used to it again... see! Glad Im not the only one. People call me crazy for not liking locks in PvP- I mean yea- the dots can be brutal but combined with the fact that locks are squishy and the fact that their cast time is so long makes me not like them... frost mages did used to be insane. Not one of my fac classes though... I got my mage to like.... 65 or something? I really liked arcane but some reason I hated playing fire or frost. Just wasnt my thing :P

ROFLBRYCE
09-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Haha, thats how I feel too every time I talk about it :P But yea, going back after any big patch or expansion sucks no matter what, just gotta get used to it again... see! Glad Im not the only one. People call me crazy for not liking locks in PvP- I mean yea- the dots can be brutal but combined with the fact that locks are squishy and the fact that their cast time is so long makes me not like them... frost mages did used to be insane. Not one of my fac classes though... I got my mage to like.... 65 or something? I really liked arcane but some reason I hated playing fire or frost. Just wasnt my thing :P

I think the reason I struggled with the change was my hunter was from TBC, and Wrath came out, so I renewed my account and made a DK right away lol. So I missed all the WotLK hunter changes, and the Cata changes. It's a total class redesign when you're up at 55, you have to change everything. It was nuts so I gave up xD

Locks are just not fun for me. I don't like playing full out DoT, I like playing where I can just deal the damage at one time repeatedly. DK is a good balance for me, because it adds a DoT with most of the attacks anyway. I love that class and the way it's built. I'm excited to see more Hero classes in the future, just hoping for a Battlemage in the future!

Mizel
09-12-2011, 03:34 PM
I think the reason I struggled with the change was my hunter was from TBC, and Wrath came out, so I renewed my account and made a DK right away lol. So I missed all the WotLK hunter changes, and the Cata changes. It's a total class redesign when you're up at 55, you have to change everything. It was nuts so I gave up xD

Locks are just not fun for me. I don't like playing full out DoT, I like playing where I can just deal the damage at one time repeatedly. DK is a good balance for me, because it adds a DoT with most of the attacks anyway. I love that class and the way it's built. I'm excited to see more Hero classes in the future, just hoping for a Battlemage in the future!

Oh wow- yea that will def do it. Just missing any expansion is hard to get back with it- but especially so with Cata. Ive only been playing since BC so I dont know what it was like before that (expansion/game change-wise)- but the changes that came about with Cata were extreme. Some good changes, but overall a very revamped game which is why I think a lot of people have quit since then.

I dont like like simply DoT-ing either, which is why I preferred Demonology spec overall. Nice combo DoTs, casted spells and pet abilites. I used to really like DKs but since Cata I dont have the hang of them anymore :P Are they coming out with more hero classes eventually? I heard they werent but Id love to see more as well.... Necromancer class would kick ass but I have a feeling Necro + WoW = laaaaaaaag :P

Bérénike
11-07-2011, 04:50 AM
Hunter or Rogue ... Those are the only classes I find appealing.

CraeSC111
11-08-2011, 02:58 AM
Hunter: my first and last character. I haven't made anything else, I haven't tried anything else I probably never will

leonehe
11-08-2011, 01:43 PM
I love warrior. Stance dance, focus bash and pure ownage.

CraeSC111
11-08-2011, 08:43 PM
I haven't played recently. Did they add balance changes to the warrior. Last I checked hunters could kite them around in circles all day

Optic232
01-14-2012, 05:55 AM
Death Knight :D !

Trunks
01-14-2012, 10:50 AM
I haven't played recently. Did they add balance changes to the warrior. Last I checked hunters could kite them around in circles all day

Fury or Arms warrior could always destroy a hunter, arms especially easy. If the warrior was good at least. They could ever since Burning Crusades.

CraeSC111
01-14-2012, 11:53 AM
As marksman hunter I could always keep warriors away from me. Double disengage, permanent slows, and a pet immobilize

Trunks
01-14-2012, 01:43 PM
At level 70 and 80? Cause my brother has a warrior and I always did pvp and arenas with it, rarely had trouble with hunters.

Blood Rage, charge, intercept, intimidating shout sends the pet running. Then just disarm, mortal strike, execute. dead. If not, by the time I mortal strike my intercept will be back up.

If the hunter gets a jump on me, no point in chasing a hunter down, so put on shield, then shield wall, build rage up on the pet. Then wait for intercept to recycle.

That's all without using an trinkets to get out of effects. Hunters are easy with warriors.

CraeSC111
01-14-2012, 02:54 PM
Hunters are easy with everyone but rogues. Blizzard made hunters suck in high level pvp. But low level pvp they are OP. :p

Mizel
01-16-2012, 08:50 AM
You know… I never got the hang of rogues. I dunno what it is, dunno why…. just never could. Tried rogue in PvP and I was absolutely horrible. >.>

Trunks
01-16-2012, 09:48 AM
I never wanted to do a rogue, because you waste all that time to get to 70 or 80, then when you do areana's you're there first target 90% of the time. You'd get maybe one combo off if you're lucky and then just watch the rest of the game.

Mizel
01-16-2012, 09:53 AM
Well, I wanted to experience every single class… and rogue ended up being the last one I tried. Thought it would be all sortsa fun being all stealthy and sneaky in general lol Just never got into in like I did with other classes.

Trunks
01-16-2012, 10:46 AM
My brother played to, so we basically only had to level half the classes each. He made a rouge, they're fun if you do world PVP, you can kill the squishy's before they even get unstunned, because not a lot of people walk around with resilience gear on. Talking about it makes me want to play WoW again, but I know it'll only last a week. lol

Mizel
01-16-2012, 10:54 AM
My brother played to, so we basically only had to level half the classes each. He made a rouge, they're fun if you do world PVP, you can kill the squishy's before they even get unstunned, because not a lot of people walk around with resilience gear on. Talking about it makes me want to play WoW again, but I know it'll only last a week. lol

I know, I feel the same way… damn random urges haha

CraeSC111
01-17-2012, 04:59 AM
I play a rogue. I realized that if you don't kill the target in the first 10 seconds youre probably dead. Too bad spambush stopped working at 70

Wownerdette
01-24-2012, 11:31 PM
Huntards for the win! lol

CraeSC111
01-25-2012, 02:01 AM
Its all about warriors. Tanking is epic and I own in battlegrounds

nakarumi
01-25-2012, 02:32 AM
I'm rather partial to the priests myself. I don't know what it is about healers that I'm so fond of but I'm good at it. Without a good healer, the tank doesn't live. If the tank doesn't live then all the DPS get aggroed. If all the DPS get aggroed then it's a 50/50 chance for a party wipe. (That's probably why the healer gets the blame more than 60% of the time.) But even a good healer can't float without a DECENT tank.

I'm practically wasting my breath because most of you already know what I'm talking about. :P

Mizel
01-25-2012, 08:30 AM
Mmmmm when I last played Disc priests were OP and could fully DPS/heal. It made me all warm inside <3

ROFLBRYCE
01-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Mmmmm when I last played Disc priests were OP and could fully DPS/heal. It made me all warm inside <3

They're still super OP. Without healing at all. o.O

Saw a screenshot of a disc priest bubbling all the health in a heroic Deathwing. That's right. Not one point of health healed, because there wasn't one taken on his watch.

THAT'S CRAZY.

Frost DK's also got a big of a buff, prot warriors still can't die in PvP, and rogues still destroy everyone. Locks got buffed some PvP-wise anyways, and everyone else is about the same. Except the Shamans. More nerfs every patch the poor guys..

Mizel
01-25-2012, 11:57 AM
Whaaaa? That is crazy lol It was really fun though... maybe OP and not fair.... but def fun :D

Man, poor shammies always get nerfed :( Shammy is what got me to fall in love with PvP. They used to be sooooo badazz O_O Although, I hated PvP with a lock, so Im glad they buff'd. Others may argue with me on that though hah

CraeSC111
01-25-2012, 01:10 PM
My low level lock pvp: fear, dots, point and laugh

Mizel
01-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Lock was my first char and I hated PvP with her. Dunno if that’s cause they sucked back in the day at it… or if *I* just sucked at lock PvP…. could be either :P

Trunks
01-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Lock was my brothers first character, they're boring to play. PvP is basically cast a few spells and spam fear. DPS PvE is always boring, just do a rotation and watch your surrounds. I never messed with a Lock much, but it was boring when I play it and watched my brother.

I like how Crae changed his opinions on warriors after I mentioned how to easily kill a hunter. He seems rather clueless.

CraeSC111
01-26-2012, 01:36 AM
Actually I don't like playing against warriors but I like playing my warrior. Just got into some PvPing. And I kill everyone. Mwahaha

Trunks
01-26-2012, 05:33 PM
I thought you said you killed Warriors easy with your hunter lol....

CraeSC111
01-26-2012, 10:46 PM
Doesn't mean I don't like playing against them. I don't like pvp as my hunter and I can't absolutely own warriors as my warrior. I don't really like pvp in general. The alliance is all fully geared and no one works together

nakarumi
01-27-2012, 08:38 AM
Dang, if Disc Priests are still OP maybe I need to go back and respec my holy priest to a Disc one. =/ Although I would be at a disadvantage given that I'm not used to playing as a Disc priest. So I would know the rotation or the description of the skills AND how I would need to build my talent tree. :P

I'm just sticking with holy...

Mizel
01-27-2012, 10:08 AM
That's the fun part about MMO's! Respeccing and learning new rotations and whatnot :D

CraeSC111
01-27-2012, 11:35 PM
Learning the rotation? 1, 2, 3, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3 and so on? yes super fun.

ROFLBRYCE
01-28-2012, 12:34 AM
Learning the rotation? 1, 2, 3, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3 and so on? yes super fun.

Not to mention priorities, or maybe it's just DK's like that. I like that we don't have a "rotation." It makes things kinda interesting, and with your procs what you're doing is changing constantly. Gotta pay attention to what's going on and where to be...gah I love it!

Trunks
01-28-2012, 09:34 AM

Hunter: my first and last character. I haven't made anything else, I haven't tried anything else I probably never will

So you have a rouge and a warrior now? I thought you said you don't play anymore and before you said you only have a hunter. You sir are all over the place with your story telling lol

The new dungeons fights aren't so much just rotations anymore. You have to be way more aware of your surroundings then you use to be. You also have to be ready to CC when it's your turn. Mages and locks are really the only exception to that. Cause they don't really CC that often, maybe just throw a fear or sheep, but that's nothing.

CraeSC111
01-28-2012, 03:39 PM
I reactivated at the request of a few family members because they wanted me to do a raid with them. Made a rogue, warrior, and priest for pvp, healing, and tanking cause I was bored. Not that all over the place. Also turns out I suck at dungeons with my hunter

Trunks
01-28-2012, 07:41 PM
oh okay, so you're talking about low level pvp lol. I understand now.

CraeSC111
01-29-2012, 01:17 AM
Yeah I thought I stated it was low level earlier. I did get my warrior to 50 something though and dk starting gear is op

Trunks
01-30-2012, 05:34 PM
All this talk about WoW is making me want to play it so I'm downloading it now, probably just going to use my brothers account, don't think I'll play enough to activate mine again. Probably just pvp, he's got full gladiators from last season, going to find a good arena team I think season 11 just started recently.

CraeSC111
01-30-2012, 10:37 PM
Season 11 has been out for some time. Not all that much better than last seasons gear. You should try out the deathwing raids.

Trunks
01-30-2012, 10:52 PM
couple months, not that big of a deal, top teams have full gear, but doubt I'll get that far anyway. and PvE is boring lol, really pointless and repetitive, doesn't require much skill at all.

nakarumi
01-30-2012, 11:04 PM
I like PvE though. Keeps me in the story line and... I'm a achievement whore on WoW. ><"

CraeSC111
01-31-2012, 04:17 PM
PvE is a lot more fun if you're the tank. Way too easy to heal. And the fights don't have dps positioning like they did the WotLK

Trunks
01-31-2012, 05:01 PM
I've done all the roles in PvE, raid healing is by far the most fun, you're not just sitting there pressing a few buttons you actually have to keep track of 25 people. Tanking is worse then DPS imo, not much action going on for tanks, they don't even need to follow a rotation to hold aggro plus low damage output. It's the boringness of a DPS but with lower numbers. PvP is the only way to play.

nakarumi
02-01-2012, 12:13 AM
That's what I like the most - raid healing. It really requires you to play the keyboard like a piano to keep up with so many people at once. Even if you're assigned to only watch over a certain segment it can still get to be quite attention demanding and reflex dependent. A good adrenal rush if you ask me.

Mizel
02-01-2012, 11:11 AM
I agree with the raid healing thing haha Much more fun when you get to be constantly active.... which is why I could never get into raiding, and never understood why everyone else liked it so much? Like oh, boy! I get to sit here for 3 hours straight, 3 nights a week spamming the same buttons over and over again in the same raids, yay! -__-

CraeSC111
02-01-2012, 12:22 PM
I never liked pvp. Horde always loses on my server. Since gear plays a pretty large role in your performance and nearly every alliance player is fully geared I would just get dominated in every battleground so I never bothered with it

Mizel
02-01-2012, 12:32 PM
I dont really care about losing honestly. Its the constant action that I enjoy the most :P

CraeSC111
02-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Its not really constant action on my server. Half the battlegrounds I go into consist of getting the graveyard camped after 5 to 10 minutes in. It really is quite sad

Trunks
02-01-2012, 03:14 PM
That's why you do arena's that's where it's at. You have to be good if you want to get up high in the ratings though,. No the counter to ever class and when to use what trinkets, it's less about gear in arena's sense most people all have the same gear once you get to a curtain rating.

Most BG's are all team work, not as much skill, it's all about who to target first. Rated BG's are way better, plus if I did BG's I always went in with at least 3 or 4 of my guildies, we dominated Warsong Gulch.

CraeSC111
02-01-2012, 05:35 PM
I generally do pretty good with my guildies, who are luckily all fully geared in season 11 arena gear :D
My guild is made up of friends and family and we have our own vent so we coordinate well most of the time. We don't have enough people for rated bgs though. And we are horrible in PvE

Trunks
02-02-2012, 12:44 AM
Hard to be horrible at PvE, just have to know fights and rotation, it's way easier then PvP, well not casual PvP I guess.

I just reinstalled the game, May do some arena's on my brothers warrior. He still has his account activated.

CraeSC111
02-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Well its the positioning that everyone seems to have trouble with. And I have my shot rotation down but for some reason my dps still doesn't increase...

nakarumi
02-03-2012, 03:16 PM
The positioning and the sycronized moving around? Oh yeah... can be quite a headache especially when everyone is not on the same page. Training for raids can be rather troublesome also but necessary of course.

Trunks
02-03-2012, 03:22 PM
Well its the positioning that everyone seems to have trouble with. And I have my shot rotation down but for some reason my dps still doesn't increase...

I personally never had a problem with it, I always watched the fights from tank spot, that way I knew what was going on. It's all screen awareness.

You might not have the gear for the right dps or maybe the wrong sockets. You also have to remember that you'll always do more on single target bosses like in raid fights then you will in Heroics if you're using a marksman hunter at least. With all the buffs and stuff, you'll dps output will be higher in raids.

nakarumi
02-03-2012, 06:54 PM
Honestly, I want to find a good guild to train with for raiding. I have always been a great healer but the moment I starting raiding as a holy priest... my world was completely flipped upside-down. Not sure if I could find the time to really invest into what raiding usually requires.

rogue for sure

Honestly, I want to find a good guild to train with for raiding. I have always been a great healer but the moment I starting raiding as a holy priest... my world was completely flipped upside-down. Not sure if I could find the time to really invest into what raiding usually requires.

honestly man.. its not that bad.. do a few 10 mans get yourself aquainted with it.. its easy.

I personally never had a problem with it, I always watched the fights from tank spot, that way I knew what was going on. It's all screen awareness.

You might not have the gear for the right dps or maybe the wrong sockets. You also have to remember that you'll always do more on single target bosses like in raid fights then you will in Heroics if you're using a marksman hunter at least. With all the buffs and stuff, you'll dps output will be higher in raids.

yepp you have a ton more buffs that add dmg, plus many of the debuffs on bosses add resistance an crit debuffs. hence more dps.

nakarumi
02-04-2012, 12:17 AM
Yeah, it was the 10-man raids that I started with and it really blew my mind with all that it has you do. I had to download a few mods to help me out but it would be something I could easily get used to. I just need more time on my hands if anything though. =/

CraeSC111
02-04-2012, 11:21 AM
I have most of my pve gear from the raid finder. I myself am pretty good with positioning but my guild isn't. Gems cost 1k gold a pop on my server (yay broken economy). And I see other hunters with less gear pull a whole lot more dps and it pisses me off cause I'm doing exactly what every shot rotation web site says I should do.

nakarumi
02-06-2012, 01:32 AM
Small insert of a random comment but still relevant to the thread topic:

So I got my email saying that there was a response in the thread, right? When I read the subject line, it of course said, "Which class is your favorite?"

I clicked on the link knowing that I was going to be directed to this forum with this topic. I was consciously about to make my next post about how Science and Show Choir was my favorite classes in high school and my business marketing classes were my favorite in college.

Where my brain went... I don't know. T_T

Vaygah
03-29-2012, 02:36 PM
Mine was always and will always be the moonkin Druid no matter what they do to that class I shall stand by my feathers!! :)

CraeSC111
03-30-2012, 01:44 PM
Lol boom chicken. I have really enjoyed healing as a priest so far

Hyper_Reality
03-30-2012, 07:17 PM
I love playing as the Paladin. Combine the healing powers of a priest with the raw strength of the warrior, and you get a very self-reliant character. Its great for those players who like to fight one-on-one rather than in huge groups.

ROFLBRYCE
03-30-2012, 10:01 PM
Lol boom chicken. I have really enjoyed healing as a priest so far

Pally healing is so much easier for the first while xD got to 40 using two buttons. Druid is a pain at the start though, too dotty. I've never had the patience of a priest. I always quit around 15-20, just can't do that class.

CraeSC111
04-03-2012, 02:36 PM
I remember pally healing used to consist of holy light (or whatever its called) and lay on hands. I used to cry when i got a pally healer. Healing with a holy priest at low level now consists of putting renew on the target. Thats it. gets even easier later. When I tried healing on a druid I failed so hard. HoTs are very helpful when you need a heal now.

Hyper_Reality
04-03-2012, 06:14 PM
I remember pally healing used to consist of holy light (or whatever its called) and lay on hands. I used to cry when i got a pally healer. Healing with a holy priest at low level now consists of putting renew on the target. Thats it. gets even easier later. When I tried healing on a druid I failed so hard. HoTs are very helpful when you need a heal now.

I would be a rich man right now if I had a penny for every time HoT won me a duel. :laugh1:

CraeSC111
04-03-2012, 07:07 PM
HoT stands for heal over time :p

Mizel
04-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Pally healing is so much easier for the first while xD got to 40 using two buttons. Druid is a pain at the start though, too dotty. I've never had the patience of a priest. I always quit around 15-20, just can't do that class.

Lol Wait... you only needed to use 2 buttons to heal up to 40... but WoW *hasnt* gotten easier??

http://i.qkme.me/68os.jpg

Actually, Pally's have always been OP... but still! lol :P

Are Disc Priests still OP? I haven't played in a year, but they were badass when I played last.

Vaygah
04-04-2012, 12:51 PM
I leveled up a shadowpriest .. those were pretty cool, no shame in mind controlling and chunking em off the bridge ! lol

CraeSC111
04-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Yes disc priests are still OP. The shield is ridiculous. Plus penance heals for quite a bit

Akatosh
04-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Once MoP rolls around we really should make a new thread about this.

sallylee
04-19-2012, 03:26 AM
Hunter, sounds the most like an archer.
Shouldn't that be its own class?
like hunter too

gamermini
06-27-2012, 08:54 PM
rogue. ill kill you before you see me ;)

kyojinalex
10-15-2012, 02:14 PM
My original toon is a warrior. I will always enjoy playing them. Even if it isnt always my go-to character, it is my favorite class

Artriece
01-06-2013, 11:19 PM
Hunter was my first class I ever played. I'm not just going with the crowd here.

Mizel
01-07-2013, 09:03 AM
Picked my Warlock up after over a year. Feels good. I've got considerably less spells than I used to.... and of course the class has been moron-proof'd. But still feels good :P

nakarumi
01-08-2013, 03:17 PM
So what's everyone opinion on the new monk class. I haven't had a chance to play on it yet but I've done a bit of character creation with the pandas and I'm in love. They're too cute that it's nearly sickeningly overwhelming. :P

Mizel
01-08-2013, 03:41 PM
Monk is okay. Kind of a boring class, imo. OP, but that's not uncommon for a new class. I went healer... and in BG's I just stand there healing myself. I had 4 guys on me the other day trying to kill me for like 3 or 4 minutes straight. I just kept healing..... I literally got so bored, I just stopped and stood there and let them kill me -__-

nakarumi
01-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Yeah, that's never fun. They'll nerf it eventually especially after everyone complains enough but I still would like to try it out. The "monk" class has always been intriguing to me coming from a straight up healer's perspective. I played the monk on Diablo III but they're play style is so NOT what I'm used to that it was hard for me to come to a conclusion on their idea of a healer/fighter class. It's not the MMO style for sure.

Mizel
01-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Yeah, that's never fun. They'll nerf it eventually especially after everyone complains enough but I still would like to try it out. The "monk" class has always been intriguing to me coming from a straight up healer's perspective. I played the monk on Diablo III but they're play style is so NOT what I'm used to that it was hard for me to come to a conclusion on their idea of a healer/fighter class. It's not the MMO style for sure.

Yea, I tried out a D3 monk but didn't play it for very long. Was sort of boring :/

nakarumi
01-11-2013, 11:54 PM
Yea, I tried out a D3 monk but didn't play it for very long. Was sort of boring :/

Yeah, it was very repetitive especially if you did start playing other characters too. There were certain differences especially as you moved up to the higher difficulties but like you said, it became boring and more of a grind it seemed like.