PDA

View Full Version : Review Medieval 2; Total War

Scott
07-03-2008, 02:37 AM
Kneel Before the king of PC strategy, dog!.

If there's one thing I've learned in my time as a bone-crushing dictator, it's that peacetime is unprofitable and downright dull. While peaceful diplomacy is useful for supplementing income and forming the odd alliance, sooner or later you'll have to revert to the bloody business of war if you want to expand the borders of your empire.
A key new addition for budding rulers is the choice between either nurturing cities or converting them into castles. One has obvious military benefits, while the other will soon swell your coffers with gold. Hmmm, decision, decisions...
Orchestrate your manoeuvres from the beautiful campaign map, before diving into battle to wreck red ruin on your foes. This mix of protracted turn based strategy and intense real-time battles might be tough on the cerebral Civilisation crowd, but those of you who like a bit of action alongside all that brain work will find your lust for blood well and truly sated!. At the end of the day Medieval 2 is a stunning triumph on every level. Kingly stuff indeed.

Religion plays an important role in Medieval 2. Use it to subdue your populace, ensure friendly diplomatic relations and even launch Crusades!.
http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2006/11/Medieval_2_Total_War/02.jpg
^^Protect this whopping crucifix with your life - your men go all sissy if it's captured.

Score;

Graphics;

Campaign map is great, but it's in the heat of the battle where this shines.
90/100

Gameplay;

Gloriously satisfying insight into the mind of leadership.
92/100

Lifespan;

You'll spend months pouring over strategies.
94/100

Overall;

A kingly mixture of action and strategy - not only the best PC Game of 2006 but the greatest RTS ever.
94/100
http://images.amazon.com/images/G/03/videogames/features/Medieval_II_screen1_large.jpg

rukisuto
07-03-2008, 06:46 AM
Good review.
The first picture is rather large and stretches my screen though..

diablo
07-03-2008, 12:40 PM
stretches my screen too but i dont mind -it looks great, never played a game involving the crusades before lol and this for the pc right?

Mr Cool
07-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Nince looking game. I have always wanted to play it, dunno why I haven\'t...

LiNuX
07-03-2008, 05:06 PM
graphics just look awesome, a game i wouldn't m ind playing if i had the time, cuz i get sucked into strategy games and rpg games

@diablo - i dont know if u missed it but he said it was for the PC lol, and generally most strategy games come out for the pc