PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Half Life (One)

charlienutsak
07-03-2008, 03:53 PM
i am trying to beat half life and i am stuck.
i have read several walkthroughs but i dont get it.

i am to the part where you have to defeat the giant alien.

i turned on the power and all that stuff just like the walkthroughs say but then they say i am suppose to run down a big corridor and have him follow me but... there is a gate on the corridor and i cannot open it.

im not sure if this is the right spot to post this.

-C

LiNuX
07-03-2008, 04:40 PM
please open threads in the most appropriate category, you will get the most appropriate response then

and i never finished the half life game - i got into playing it online too much i guess

and about the gate, you should look around a bit more to see if there are any other doors around - ur situation reminds me of SOCOM II when i had to go in through the side and i kept getting killed (forgot what level) and there was another door on a little bit down and that let me right behind the enemy

just try different things and eventually you should figure it out, or you can wait for someone else who has actually finished the game and remember that part

charlienutsak
07-03-2008, 04:44 PM
well im new here and i quickly scanned the catagories and this seemed like the best place to put it. sorry if this is not the apropriate area.

well i have been wondering around this room for like an hour and i still cant find anything new. the monster keeps killing me and the walkthroughs simply say to "run down the left most corridor" but, the left most one is gated...

thanks for your reply though.

LiNuX
07-03-2008, 04:46 PM
its gated?

well i wish i still had my half life game so i could see what u were talking about lol but i bought it through steam years ago and forgot my password to that account like in 2005 - i had to buy a new account but i didn't get half life on there

sorry i couldn't help much

charlienutsak
07-03-2008, 05:00 PM
omg this is retarded. i cant post any links of pics even tho there are buttons at the top of this text editor which allow me to add them.

i guess i wont be posting a link to the walkthrough im using or a link to a screenshot of the gate

Eric
07-03-2008, 06:10 PM
omg this is retarded. i cant post any links of pics even tho there are buttons at the top of this text editor which allow me to add them.

i guess i wont be posting a link to the walkthrough im using or a link to a screenshot of the gate

Yeah that is a mod put in place to stop spammers..

Gamers Forum - FAQ: Link Rules (http://www.gamers-forum.com/faq.php?faq=link_rules#faq_can_i_post_links)

charlienutsak
07-03-2008, 06:14 PM
well... i guess if someone wants to see a screen shot or the walkthrough PM me.

LiNuX
07-03-2008, 06:18 PM
if you pm, u'll get blocked as well

just copy/paste part of the walkthrough here and use the quotes tag around it and if you want to use pics, just use the attachment feature

sorry but this helps us fight spammers, can't remove it for any one- you can post links once you have 10 posts and have been a member for 24 hours

charlienutsak
07-03-2008, 06:25 PM
oh, well think you for that info.

i have attached a screen shot of the gate and here is the section of the walkthrough i am on:

" Power Up

Getting Started

Proceed through the corridor. It opens into a huge room with several exits. As you enter, a massive alien, Gargantua, emerges from one of the doorways, and a pair of Grunts tries in vain to shoot it dead. Run straight past this firefight, to the exit just left of the one Gargantua came through. The corridor quickly forks. Take a right. You'll encounter two Vortigaunts, some explosive barrels, and the dead end an earthquake created. Kill the Vortigaunts; then return to the fork and take the other path. Proceed past a broken pipe sticking out of the floor, careful not to get caught in the flame jetting out of it. Kill two Vortigaunts beyond the pipe. A walkway crashes to the ground in front of you, leaving you with no choice but to jump down. Shoot the Headcrabs on the lower level before jumping. Downstairs, destroy some crates for ammunition, and then climb a ladder to a boarded-up door labeled "Track Control." Destroy the boards with your Crowbar. Beyond is a room with a dying Security Guard and a big switch lever. A window gives a view of the room with Gargantua. Listen to the dying Guard, but don't throw the switch yet. Just note the room's location.

Starting the Engine

Return through the door you entered. Descend the ladder to the lower level, and take the only available corridor. Follow the corridor cautiously. You'll encounter several more Headcrabs and a couple of stray Vortigaunts along the way, and then a room with Vortigaunts and explosive barrels. Kill all enemies, and stand well back from those barrels! The corridor ends at a door. Open it by turning a valve wheel in the wall nearby, and walk into the new area, a vertical shaft with toxic goo at the bottom. Equip your .357 Magnum. Climb a ladder to the shaft's second level. Immediately turn around and look up. Shoot a Grunt standing on a higher level. Then collect some ammo from a small room nearby. Climb a second ladder to the top of the shaft and slowly go through a doorway. You're now in a small Grunt bunker. Kill the Tripod-Mounted Chaingun and the lone Grunt in here, and then smash boxes to collect gear.

Follow the corridor leading away. As you round a corner you'll see some explosive crates. Approach them and round a corner to see a large room with two small balconies and some Grunts at the far end. Fire a single shot into a pile of explosive crates near the opposite end of the room to kill several Grunts. Kill any visible remaining Grunts, and then enter the large room. Note the ramp leading down to Grenades and a First Aid Station. Slowly approach the other end of the room, killing newcomers. Go up the ramp at the other end of the room to a T junction. Kill any Grunts nearby and take a right. This corridor leads to a dead end, but it yields lots of gear if you break boxes along the way. Return to the T-junction and take the other path. Break boxes and look for a lift.

Place a Remote Mine on the lift, and then activate the lift. Don't get on:;just watch it descend. When it hits the bottom, back up slightly and detonate the Mine. This destroys some Laser Mines planted down there. Summon the lift and ride down. Kill any Houndeyes that bother you, and advance along the only available corridor. Proceed to a large gallery overlooking an engine room. Kill any stray Houndeyes and take a left. A staircase spirals down to the engine room. Take it all the way down. You'll know you're at the bottom when you reach a basement area where you stand in ankle-deep water. Equip your Crowbar and wade through the water. Kill a Mawman and numerous Hagworms in the water as you proceed. You'll find a large engine down here. It's stalled because a couple of boxes are jammed in it. Break the boxes with your crowbar. The engine will start, and the water will drain slowly from the room.

Go back up the spiral staircase, but just halfway. Approach a large console labeled "Power Generator." There are buttons on both sides of this console. Press the one on the left to restore power to the engine. It hums to life, and a sign above the console now reads "On." Return to the spiral staircase and climb it to the top. From there, backtrack to the big lift. As you approach the big lift, a pair of Grunts descend in it. A single Grenade will kill both. Ride the lift up. Kill a Grunt at the top, and another waiting nearby. Backtrack all the way to the big room with Gargantua, but don't enter yet.

Escaping Gargantua

Save the game and run into the big room with Gargantua. Look for the two largest exits: only two are large enough for Gargantua to get through. Take the leftmost of these. Run down the large corridor, to the end of the room, go up a ramp, and throw a lever at the top. The lever activates a pair of huge Tesla coils in the middle of the room. If Gargantua followed you all the way in here, the Tesla coils will fry it instantly. Don't approach the active Tesla coils. Instead, take a small side door. It leads to a tunnel that terminates at the other side of the coils. Return to the big room Gargantua used to occupy. There's a rail cart in a corner of this big room. Get on, activate its control panel, and drive forward onto a circular switch plate at the center of the room. Go back to the Track Control room with the dying Security Guard and the big switch lever. Throw the lever; the rail cart spins until it's lined up with a new set of tracks.Get back on the rail cart and turn it on again. Crank it up to maximum speed. Hold steady as it smashes through a barricade into new territory. "

edit: ok!!!! finally got it! i was searching websites for awhile and i found someone who had the same problem but fixed it.

its some kinda glitch in the game. i will post how to fix it incase other people have the same problem.

when you destroy the boxes that are jamming the generator DO NOT TURN POWER ON!! go back up to the giant alien and the gate will be open. once he follows you down the corridor and you kill him, then go back down and turn the power on.

for some reason once you turn the power on the gate closes, and there is no way to turn the power off unless to go back to on of you old previous saves.

LiNuX
07-03-2008, 07:21 PM
well next time please edit your post and use the quotes tag, not just the quotation marks on your keyboard :)

glad to see you figured it out, i couldn't have told u that seeing i never made it that far lol