PDA

View Full Version : What type of internet connection to you have?

LiNuX
08-02-2006, 04:14 PM
What type of internet connection do you have? i have regular dsl 768k, wat about you?

Twigz
08-02-2006, 04:27 PM
I wish I had that DSL 768k speed, I try to convince my mom to get it...it's always a stick end of the bargain...ah, well...I'm good with my 56k dial-up modem, been using it for 11 years...

LiNuX
08-02-2006, 04:32 PM
lol wow 11 years, i used dial up 11 years ago lol, no jk, i think netscape was my first internet provider, then i got aol for like a year, then canceled, then got cable, i think it was comcast, or optimum online, dont remember fully, i wasnt into computers back then, and then went back to dial up cuz cable cost too much, then finally im using dsl after begging my parents to get it for 2 years, i finally convinced them, just beg twigz, ur mom will come around lol :D

Twigz
08-02-2006, 04:49 PM
LOL, asking my mom to give me DSL is like asking Homer to stop eating...

LiNuX
08-03-2006, 10:32 AM
LMAO, why would u use that analogy? lol, just annoy her, thats the other thing i did, i stayed up all nite playing my ps2 with the tv really loud, that would bother them, it still took 'em a couple months to come around lol

Twigz
08-03-2006, 11:07 AM
It was the first thing I could think of...and I would try that...if only my PS2 WORKED! lol

Twigz
08-04-2006, 02:05 PM
Good news, folks, my mom CAVED IN! LOL ;D, I will be getting my DSL in the next week...lying does work sometimes...

LiNuX
08-04-2006, 02:25 PM
lol cool, u serious? or kidding, but if ur serious, thats good, wat r u gonna use the dsl for anway? lol wat service is it anyway? verizon? and one more thing, it'll take a lot more than a week for ur "dsl" to come, cuz ur mom will probably order it next week, it can take about a month for ur modem to come by, then u have to wait for ur activation date lol, it took me a whole 3 months for all of those to happen, cuz i remember i ordered in october and my connection worked fully in like mid december, just before christmas break lol, good luck ;D <-- just a heads up on what you should expect

Twigz
08-04-2006, 02:52 PM
I'm as serious as a heart attack, and I mean she's ordering it next week, but whatever you say...and the service might be either Verizon or Road Runner, not sure yet.

diablo
08-04-2006, 06:01 PM
congratulations man :D i have regular dsl too, verizon. and road runner isnt verizon. i wouldnt recommend it, it is cable, it does have faster speed, but it costs a hella of a lot more, and if ur gonna be doing a lotta important things, the cheapest dsl would be and should be fine, 768k is regular dsl, if u download big files or upload and need to do them in a short amount of time, then road runner would be for u, otherwise get verizon, i think its cheapest with 17 bucks a month

LiNuX
08-04-2006, 08:46 PM
I'm as serious as a heart attack, and I mean she's ordering it next week, but whatever you say...and the service might be either Verizon or Road Runner, not sure yet.

thats great, and diablo is right, road runner isnt dsl, its cable, much faster and way more expensive, i know that u dont really need high speed that much, but dsl u need sometimes, i also wouldnt recommend road runner, it costs too much and the things u do arent worth it, even if u download big files, dsl should be enough, good luck getting it soon! we can probably use vent without lag now lol ;)

diablo
08-05-2006, 03:30 PM
i dont use vent or teamspeak, regular phone is fine, but sometimes it is usefull in cs scrims and cal matches

Twigz
08-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Actually the service I'm getting is AOL High Speed, and according to them, the stuff will come in 2-5 "business" days, but I donno if that will hold true...stay tuned for more of the saga...

diablo
08-05-2006, 03:51 PM
im not a big aol fan, but i think their high speed price is $25 a month, and in my opinion, even if the dsl speed is the same as verizon, verizon is still better and cheaper, i think u can get it for about $17.99 a month now, i almost got aol high speed once, but i dont like aol

LiNuX
08-05-2006, 04:49 PM
yeah i hate aol, get verizon if ur gonna get dsl, u have my full recommendation, not just for the service, but for the price, dont overpay for bad service, and i think verizon has faster upload and download speeds than aol high speed, not sure, will check later

TheKing
08-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Cable internet high speed was the best thing that ever happended to me... It like a whole new level of surfing the web from dial-up. There are so much things to explore like youtube , dailymotion, and games.

LiNuX
08-06-2006, 10:15 AM
Cable internet high speed was the best thing that ever happended to me... It like a whole new level of surfing the web from dial-up. There are so much things to explore like youtube , dailymotion, and games.

you can do that with dsl lol and more, usually big businesses have cable

crazay
08-08-2006, 12:36 PM
i have aol too, even though i dont like it, i would get high speed but i dont need that much more speed for the things that i do

Twigz
08-09-2006, 10:14 AM
I don't like AOL either...but I have been forced to stay with the people I have, and that means $10.95 goes to AOL and Verizon gets $14.95 for a total of $25.90...the powers that be want it that way...LOL

diablo
08-09-2006, 11:45 AM
u pay $25 for ur dial up connection? or for the high speed aol, cuz for either of them, cancel and get a dry dsl line from verizon. its $18 bucks now, and its cheaper than aol by a whole lot, trust me and dont get aol

Twigz
08-09-2006, 12:48 PM
Yeah I used to pay that much...then I came to my senses (which is rare) and I'm getting DSL soon.

Sypher
09-09-2006, 09:05 AM
I have my internet connected through our local cable provider. Its really fast although the computer I have is going slow cause I've had it for so long :'( I'm going to get a new one pretty soon anyways. I've been meaning too but just haven't gotten up to go get it LOL !!!

sign89
09-21-2006, 09:01 PM
I have a T1 connnection.

sign89

Thor Erik
09-22-2006, 05:29 AM
i get 3mbit in just a few days :D allthough i want one of those 10mbit from Bredbandsbolaget :P