PDA

View Full Version : Review Amped 3

Scott
07-04-2008, 05:21 PM
http://www.gametab.com/images/ss/xbox360/4484/box-l.jpg

Is it still in peak shape or just piste off it's head?

One of the more understated Xbox 360 launch titles, could Amped 3 be a true SSX; On tour beater for the next-generation or is it just plain abominable?
A kind of Total Overdose for snowboarding fans, Amped 3 's crazy challenges will have you is hunting down piñatas oh the piste leaping through psychedelic hoops, hurtling downhill on a sled trying to injure yourself as seriously as possible, hang gliding form cliffs and pulling off crazy stunts for gaggles of photographer. Madnes.
Amped 's trippy nature extends to it's novel "awesomeness" auras - including Zen urban and sci-fi - which light up the screen when you trick out your awesomeness meter, before dropping the jaws of the piste regulars, with your silky skills. Ok so it's hard to shake that 'tacked-on' feeling at times, but it's all good clean fun.

http://img.hexus.net/v2/gaming/screenshots/x360/amped_x360_large_4.jpg
Amped 3 's baldie villains hail from 'Colonotronic Arts' sounds familiar...

Shame then, that the next real meat of the game - the snowboarding itself - is so half baked. I wasn't keen on EA's decision to overhaul SSX3's near-perfect handling for On tour, but it's still miles ahead of Amped. There's on real weight, no sensation of grinding through snow, and though racking up major points is fairly simple, you wont get that much of a sense of achievement from actually doing it. Still, this is a game that has so much to give it's untrue. The cutscenes, which spoof everything from anime to EA to MTV to Nintendo, are plain mental, the indie soundtrack hits all the right notes, the powdery looks so real you almost want to chuck it at someone. Amped is a true dark horse from the white piste.
Lacking in true quality but oozing charm, this is the unexpected treat in 360's launch line-up.

http://www.deafgamers.com/05screenshots_b/amped3pic4.jpg

Score:

Graphics;
The white stuff looks good, if a touch steril. On tour's still prettier though.
82/100

Gameplay;
One adrenaline rush after another - such a pitty the actual boarding's so iffy.
79/100.

Lifespan;
Resortfuls of challenges and secrets, but online content is underwhelming.
80/100

Overall;
Barking mad it deserves locking up in a mental institution. Great fun though.
80/100

LiNuX
07-04-2008, 06:04 PM
brings me back to my ps1 snowboarding games, i used to play the extreme sports games on there, dont remember the names though, was a while ago

good review but i outgrew these games lol

Kujo
07-05-2008, 08:11 AM
Tricky is still one of my favorite snowboarding games but this was decent all 2 times I played it at my old neighbors house.

Mr Cool
07-05-2008, 08:30 PM
I have never played a snowboarding game and I dunno why not...

Scott
07-06-2008, 02:44 AM
Lol so nobody plays snowboarding games anymore?

Trunks
07-06-2008, 02:45 AM
Lol so nobody plays snowboarding games anymore?

The ps1, game that I bought was extreme sports or something like that. There was like biking, skating ( roller blade things or w/e ) Snowboarding. Something else, don't remember what.