PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat Next Gen

Djdoubt03
07-05-2008, 12:06 AM
When do you think we will get a Mortal Kombat for the next gen systems. I mean a real Mortal Kombat, closer to it's roots than the last few.

LiNuX
07-05-2008, 12:10 AM
well they should make a few more mortal kombat games in the future - it sells a lot and i am a mortal kombat fan myself - the bad news is that i dont have a next gen console lol, not yet at least

mortal kombat theme:

YouTube - Mortal Kombat Theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMf40daefsI)

lol

Kujo
07-05-2008, 08:00 AM
The last few installments for any console have been utter disappointments imo and I'm a HUGE MK fan. In fact, I think the last fully ass-kicking MK was MK3 Ultimate. After that... all down hill. 3D fighting does not = automatic success.

LiNuX
07-05-2008, 10:42 AM
The last few installments for any console have been utter disappointments imo and I'm a HUGE MK fan. In fact, I think the last fully ass-kicking MK was MK3 Ultimate. After that... all down hill. 3D fighting does not = automatic success.

lol agree - i didnt like most of the 3d versions of it - i used to play MK1 and MK2 on my sega genesis and it had like 20 characters to choose from in 6 or 7 different maps? lol, that was fun

Raw!
07-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Isn't there MK vs DC game coming out?
It's basically Mortal Kombat characters vs DC characters.

If it does come out, it'll be cool.

LiNuX
07-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Isn't there MK vs DC game coming out?
It's basically Mortal Kombat characters vs DC characters.

If it does come out, it'll be cool.

wow, reminds me of the good old Marvel VS. Capcom Games - those were awesome, used to play on my ps1 all day and have friends over with them

MK Vs. DC Sounds good too

Samus-Fan
07-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Hey, I played Mortal Kombat on the Genesis. I loved being The green ninja...
Still works, play it whenever I goto my grandparents house

Raw!
07-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe is a fighting game which features characters from the MK and DC universe, Klose Kombat fighting system, and unique storylines.

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe for Xbox 360 - Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe Xbox360 Game - Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe Xbox 360 Video Game (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/mortalkombat/index.html?tag=result;title;1)

I knew there was a MK vs DC game, here it is, come check it out.

Kujo
07-05-2008, 07:45 PM
I'll play it... but I doubt i'll really like it.

EDIT: post 600!!!!!!!!

Scott
07-06-2008, 02:33 AM
I have NEVER played an MK game and I don't plan on starting now.

Trunks
07-06-2008, 02:39 AM
the newer versions of MK are great. You can walk around, its more like an RPG game in it. In the older versions. It was tap square, triangle, square, triangle, circle, circle, circle, Towards opponent. Then it does a move. Then you do it like 6 more times, to complete the stage. What a joke right?. One of the mortal combats made you memorize it. It wouldn't show it during the training. A lot of the time I kept doing the wrong combination. So wondering what was going on, I started the stage over and found that I was doing the wrong combination.

The newer ones have came far from these kind of Mortal combat games though.

alpha
07-07-2008, 09:31 AM
I have the MK game on my DS...I like it because its a classic!

Shixx
07-07-2008, 11:45 AM
will be interesting to see Superman and batman ripping off heads..

g3m
07-08-2008, 06:25 PM
New versions of the game are cool not just round after round you can explore go anywhere you want... I play shaolin monks at my freinds house well all i can say is its the best of MK series... But it can`t beat the old ones!;-)