PDA

View Full Version : Lost Odyssey; Don\'t believe the reviews.

Mr Cool
07-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Im about 10 hours into Lost Odyssey and I havent ran into any abnormally long loading times. Alot of reviewers said that was the main turn off, the sometimes 2 minute load times. Im starting to think maybe the older xboxes and the newer xboxes are running the game differently. If your looking for a great story Jap that kicks it old school like FF7 give Lost Odyssey a try dont believe the framerate and load times ruin this game.

EpsilonX
07-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Im about 10 hours into Lost Odyssey and I havent ran into any abnormally long loading times. Alot of reviewers said that was the main turn off, the sometimes 2 minute load times. Im starting to think maybe the older xboxes and the newer xboxes are running the game differently. If your looking for a great story Jap that kicks it old school like FF7 give Lost Odyssey a try dont believe the framerate and load times ruin this game.

but i don't want a 360 gosh darnit lol.

Trunks
07-05-2008, 09:33 PM
Way, to be off topic.

I played this game at a friends house for a little bit. I watched the intro moving thing or w/e it is. Then I finally got to play, and it was like Pokemon. You pick your moves and your guy does it. Though, I think it was a girl. I probably could of got into to, but my friend took the controller away... He apparently didn't like me calling his favorite game Pokemon

younging94
07-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Woot! Lost Odyssey
Might just get a 360 just for that
I loved the promo trailer with White Rabbit.

LiNuX
07-05-2008, 10:11 PM
i dont like playing games that take long to load, im very impatient and if im playing a game its because I WANT TO PLAY IT NOW! NOT IN 2 MINUTES, NOW!

lol, anyway, no use since i dont have a 360

EpsilonX
07-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Way, to be off topic.

I played this game at a friends house for a little bit. I watched the intro moving thing or w/e it is. Then I finally got to play, and it was like Pokemon. You pick your moves and your guy does it. Though, I think it was a girl. I probably could of got into to, but my friend took the controller away... He apparently didn't like me calling his favorite game Pokemon

It's not off topic. I want Lost Odyssey but not a 360. Totally on-topic if you ask me.
And most RPG's are turn-based like this, Pokemon being one of them, or have a variant of turn based (FF's ATB)

Scott
07-06-2008, 12:30 AM
I hate thes games. I'd rather kill the think myself than watch the character do it. Also, the moves are too repetitive, a lot of levels look the same and the story goes on for too long.

Trunks
07-06-2008, 12:33 AM
I hate thes games. I'd rather kill the think myself than watch the character do it. Also, the moves are too repetitive, a lot of levels look the same and the story goes on for too long.

That makes me think a little. Is there a way to die, if you just make your character pick a move? I also agree, what skill does it take to pick an attack and watch your guy do an attack. It reminds me of the movie 300 when I played it for the short 5 minutes that I did. Your just watch a guy kill hundreds of people.

Scott
07-06-2008, 12:36 AM
That makes me think a little. Is there a way to die, if you just make your character pick a move? I also agree, what skill does it take to pick an attack and watch your guy do an attack. It reminds me of the movie 300 when I played it for the short 5 minutes that I did. Your just watch a guy kill hundreds of people.

I like 300. The only skill you need is a good memory to know which move is best on each thing your attacked by.

EpsilonX
07-06-2008, 12:05 PM
You guys are hugely mistaken. The skill is strategy is involved. Not so much for random encounters, but definitely for boss battles. You can't just go into a battle and expect to beat the crap out of a boss just by attacking the same way over and over again. You gotta build your character to the best way you can beforehand, and then come up with a strategy. Some games, like the Final Fantasy games, try to help you through the games, but others like the SMT rpg's require you to carefully think about what you're going to do in the game, and if you just go in planning to hit the same attack button over and over again, you'll die.

And plus, RPG's have a focus on storytelling. That's why I like them so much, I like my games more artsy and story-driven than just action-oriented.

Trunks
07-06-2008, 12:22 PM
You guys are hugely mistaken. The skill is strategy is involved. Not so much for random encounters, but definitely for boss battles. You can't just go into a battle and expect to beat the crap out of a boss just by attacking the same way over and over again. You gotta build your character to the best way you can beforehand, and then come up with a strategy. Some games, like the Final Fantasy games, try to help you through the games, but others like the SMT rpg's require you to carefully think about what you're going to do in the game, and if you just go in planning to hit the same attack button over and over again, you'll die.

And plus, RPG's have a focus on storytelling. That's why I like them so much, I like my games more artsy and story-driven than just action-oriented.

I still think its like Pokemon = /

Scott
07-06-2008, 06:07 PM

Is the story good and playing fairly easy to understand?