PDA

View Full Version : Review El3ment's Guitar Hero: On Tour Reveiw

El3mentGamer
07-05-2008, 08:58 PM
EL3MENT REVEIW
Guitar Hero: On Tour
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/Dino88/ghds_logo_-_yellow__2_.jpg

The hit series now released on the Nintendo DS. Guitar Hero: On Tour currently costs $50.

Graphics: Guitar Hero: On Tour has great textures for a Nintendo DS game, the animations as well. One positive improvement from Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock is the drummer, not only design but animation as well. In Guitar Hero 3. The drummer drums by simply moving his arms up and down with no wrist movement at all. In Guitar Hero: On
Tour the drummer has more of a punk-rock look and his animations actually make it look like hes drumming. Next we move to the Art graphics. The Art of On Tour not very good but it fits the theme of rock, so i can approve of them.

Guitar Hero: On Tour's graphics receive an El3ment Rating of 4 out of 5.

Gameplay: Yes, the way you hold it is awkward, and way you strum is weird, but depending on how long you play you eventually get used to it. Personally i do not like how you strum, the reason being, your strumming hand is to
close to your button pressing hand. Next i will tell you about Guitar Dueling. Guitar Dueling is where you and a computerized opponent play a regular song while attacking each others guitar to make them fail. The DS is held in
a vertical book stance simmaliar to Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword, and Hotel Dusk: Room 215. Instead of strumming with a regular DS stylus you get to use the speical On Tour Pick Stylus. The guitar, which you strum with is
located on the touch-screen and the Notes and Performance are located on the display screen. On Tour includes a single player career party and a local wireless mode to play against your friends. Star power is now activated by
yelling into the DS MIC. On Tour characters include Jhonny Napalm, Judy Nails, Axel Steel, and Pandora plus two more new guitarists Memphis Rose and Gunner Jaxon.

Guitar Hero: On Tour's gameplay receives an El3ment Rating of 4 out of 5.

Music/Sound: The main point of the Guitar Hero series is to play rock music, well Guitar Hero: On Tour coves that completely. On Tour features Slow Rock, 80's Rock, Heavy Metal, Punk-Rock and almost every kind of rock there is,
for you to rock out with. Sounds that don't relate to the music are both bad and good, as in there annoying and good, but mostly annoying.

Guitar Hero: On Tour's music receives an El3ment Rating of 5 out of 5, but the sounds only receive a 3 out of 5.

Conclusion: Guitar Hero: On Tour is great for people who play Nintendo DS alot. On Tour has great music and graphics, but just a little uncomfortable to hold.

Overall Guitar Hero: On Tour receives an El3ment Rating of 4 out of 5.

Recommended to big DS Players.
Coud be dissapointing to Guitar Hero fans.

Mr Cool
07-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Good review. I really want to play it. I would go out and buy GH On Tour right now... if I had a DS... I dunno why I haven\'t got one...

LiNuX
07-05-2008, 10:01 PM
second On Tour review but different perspectives help :)

good work on the come back review, my opinions really haven't changed since the last review - i doubt i'll get to play it because GH games need your full attention and if you are on the subway or something and you start playing, there is a chance you will miss your stop if you dont pay attention lol

good review once again :) can't wait for your next one!

Scott
07-06-2008, 02:46 AM
I wouldn't spend all that money on it... It could go towards GH x360. I mean it sounds good but there's only 25 tracks on it!!.

Iceskater101
07-06-2008, 10:16 AM
I dont have a D.S either.
only 25 tracks? that doesn't seem like very much
also in the regular guitar heros you can buy stuff
can you buy stuff in guitar hero on tour?

Kujo
07-06-2008, 10:46 AM
I LOVE playing GH on the PS3 and the 360 but this just takes the "milkage" cake imo. I love my DS which is why i refuse to give it brain cancer with this atrocity!

Hawk
08-08-2008, 10:40 PM
nice review.
I have played this game on a wii. its loads of fun.
25 games tho... thats a bit stingy if you ask me.

LemonRising
08-09-2008, 12:40 AM
My cousin bought this when he came on vacation with my family for a few days, and since we were driving a lot, we had lots of time to try it out.

It's actually pretty fun, I've heard a lot about the position of playing it, and it is a little weird, but I can usually find a comfortable spot before I start playing the game. At first you have some fun with yelling into your DS to activate star power, but when people are trying to sleep.. well, you get the idea.
A good variety of songs, but I really wish there were more. My cousin started off on easy to get used to the game, and beat it within the day, no problem. I got half way, but then my cousin took the game away >: But I don't think I'd go through playing them all again on different level.

It's pretty cool, and if you think you'll like it (it's great for travel), I would recommend buying it used instead of paying the whole $50.

Great review El3, gives a good summary of the whole game 8D

EpsilonX
08-09-2008, 12:54 AM
I feel there should be more screenshots.

Trunks
08-09-2008, 01:00 AM
nice review.
I have played this game on a wii. its loads of fun.
25 games tho... thats a bit stingy if you ask me.

How did you play it on the wii. GH On Tour was released only on the DS.

LemonRising
08-09-2008, 01:04 AM
I think Hawk meant s/he played Guitar hero on the Wii, in general, not On Tour.

Unless they are a technical genius B|