PDA

View Full Version : What improvements/new things do you hope to see in Gears of war 2?

Mr Cool
07-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Well?

I want the single player to be a few hours longer and more story. The story was good in the first one just not enough of it. So if they can just expand on what is already there it should be good.

Trunks
07-05-2008, 09:44 PM
The game was long enough, for me. Countless hours of playing insane to get the achievement.... I hope they don't make the difficulty go up.... It would be nice to see a better story in it. In GoW 1, it was pretty good. It told you where you were going and why. Easy to understand, and easy to enjoy.

EpsilonX
07-05-2008, 11:37 PM
I didn't like game at all, but if i could change one thing, it would be movement. I don't like how you move horrendously slow and the only way to go faster was to pretty much just charge really fast straight. Changing that would make it a lot better IMO

Trunks
07-05-2008, 11:48 PM
I didn't like game at all, but if i could change one thing, it would be movement. I don't like how you move horrendously slow and the only way to go faster was to pretty much just charge really fast straight. Changing that would make it a lot better IMO

I could of swore its like that for every fps shooter. On some Call of duty's you can sprint, same thing as GoW... Halo 3, has no sprint at all. CS, you can't sprint. Wolfenstien you can't sprint. I rather sprint, then be forced to walk the same speed. I do agree a little. Some times I try to sprint and it goes to a wall. Then he won't get off, he just ends up humping the wall. The movement is also a little stiff when you sprint, but what other choice did they have. They could of just made it so you can't sprint and speed the guy up, but I like a little variety in my games.

Scott
07-06-2008, 03:25 AM
Uh, all I can think of right now is new multiplayer maps.

Kujo
07-06-2008, 10:48 AM
I think they need to improve the multiplayer to hold bigger teams. 2v2 and 4v4 is fun... for a short while. I want more bodies to tear to shreds.

EpsilonX
07-06-2008, 12:08 PM
I could of swore its like that for every fps shooter. On some Call of duty's you can sprint, same thing as GoW... Halo 3, has no sprint at all. CS, you can't sprint. Wolfenstien you can't sprint. I rather sprint, then be forced to walk the same speed. I do agree a little. Some times I try to sprint and it goes to a wall. Then he won't get off, he just ends up humping the wall. The movement is also a little stiff when you sprint, but what other choice did they have. They could of just made it so you can't sprint and speed the guy up, but I like a little variety in my games.

If you want to control your character, you walk at half a mile an hour. If you want to actually go fast, you can barely control your character, and you also can't see very well. That's a horrible design choice in my opinion, and one of the reasons i don't like the game.

Scott
07-06-2008, 06:30 PM
I don't really understand why everyone complains about GOW's story (Or lack thereof). As far as I'm concerned, not every game needs an emotionally-charged story. I thought GOW's story served it's purpose. GOW's about macho dudes killing ***** in a badass way. And thats what I like about it. I hope GOW2 doesn't try to be super serious and emotional, because if it fails... it's going to be very very bad.

EpsilonX
07-07-2008, 04:39 PM
I don't really understand why everyone complains about GOW's story (Or lack thereof). As far as I'm concerned, not every game needs an emotionally-charged story. I thought GOW's story served it's purpose. GOW's about macho dudes killing ***** in a badass way. And thats what I like about it. I hope GOW2 doesn't try to be super serious and emotional, because if it fails... it's going to be very very bad.

Y'see, I don't like games where it's just unrealistically big people blowin crap up. I like games that can make me feel certain emotions.