PDA

View Full Version : The Onslaught's Onslaught

LiNuX
07-05-2008, 09:29 PM
I actually got a high score in a game playing for over an hour, i usually get tired of games playing for an hour or more, even regular games like GHIII (thats why i never finished it).

I got the highest score and beat the two top competitors with a faster time. And I took some screenshots of what I was doing and what the battlefield looked like for me. Maybe some of you may use it to beat my high score because I don't think I will ever play the game again. 1 hr 41 mins is 71 minutes too long for me.

Wave 241:

http://www.gamers-forum.com/imagehosting/148702cddd6782.png

wave 276:

http://www.gamers-forum.com/imagehosting/148702cde24b86.png

the things firing the red beams are my rail guns fully upgraded to do 25 million damage each i believe. My Snipers are also fully upgraded to do 55 million damage each.

Wave 351:

http://www.gamers-forum.com/imagehosting/148702cde5c5f2.png

4 snipers and 7 rail guns worked well for a while. Looks like I needed more. I also have a bunch of other turrets not worth mentioning.

My Demise at wave 369:

http://www.gamers-forum.com/imagehosting/148702cde986ad.png

Anybody else have any onslaught screenies?

Trunks
07-05-2008, 09:31 PM
I hate that game. I played it for like 10 minutes and just closed my browser. Didn't even enter a high score. You won't see me beating your score...

LiNuX
07-05-2008, 09:33 PM
I hate that game. I played it for like 10 minutes and just closed my browser. Didn't even enter a high score. You won't see me beating your score...

lol why do you hate it? don't like defense games?

it reminds me of AoE II when i used to play back in the day - well kinda, i used to set up walls and put units all around it and set it to attack no matter who shows up lol

i used to play that for hou rs

Mr Cool
07-05-2008, 09:34 PM
I am not really a fan either lol I played it somewhere else... I dunno why...

Trunks
07-05-2008, 09:36 PM
lol why do you hate it? don't like defense games?

it reminds me of AoE II when i used to play back in the day - well kinda, i used to set up walls and put units all around it and set it to attack no matter who shows up lol

i used to play that for hou rs

This games nothing like AoE = ). AoE > Onslaught

I just think its boring. You set a couple of rockets, or w/e. Then you push start. They come out, you kill them and repeat. No thanks.

LiNuX
07-05-2008, 09:58 PM
This games nothing like AoE = ). AoE > Onslaught

I just think its boring. You set a couple of rockets, or w/e. Then you push start. They come out, you kill them and repeat. No thanks.

no i never said it is like AoE, i said it reminded me a little bit of AoE when my civilization was on the defensive - i just set units everywhere to attack incoming enemies

and of course aoe is WAY better than this lol - that one is a bigger game, more plays, more units, more developed, more advanced, more everything

and this is a defensive game, you don't always get to kill them the way you want, especially when they swarm you - you can also release more than one swarm at a time, see if you can beat it like that lol

EpsilonX
07-05-2008, 10:57 PM
Btw, Linux, Damage/Rate/Range modifiers don't affect the super turrets (railgun/sniper/fusion/combonly)

LiNuX
07-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Btw, Linux, Damage/Rate/Range modifiers don't affect the super turrets (railgun/sniper/fusion/combonly)

what do you mean by "don't affect" - you mean the two little things i put up there? one that raised attack and another rate?

i kinda figured that after a while lol, but never bothered to move them cuz i had it all under control - i even took a bathroom break and left them on for like 15 mins, i came back and realized the landmines near the area 51 entrance was disappearing lol

Kujo
07-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Linux.... you are my idol!!! Thats freaking insane!!!! I HAVE to ask you, what difficulty setting do you play at?

Also, any recommendations? Is it worth upgrading the early weapons a lot or just hold off till access to the big ones? I mean... railguns and snipers?!? WTF!!! I haven't even gotten that far!

LiNuX
07-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Linux.... you are my idol!!! Thats freaking insane!!!! I HAVE to ask you, what difficulty setting do you play at?

Also, any recommendations? Is it worth upgrading the early weapons a lot or just hold off till access to the big ones? I mean... railguns and snipers?!? WTF!!! I haven't even gotten that far!

lol, i played medium

and this is direct advice from epsilon:

start with like 1 or 2 turrets near the entrance (i used two cannons) and just upgrade their attacks to maximum, and then their rate to maximum - do that one by one

cuz cannons have "freakouts" where they shoot like a 100 bullets a second if you can get their rate high enough and damage high enough, its crazy lol, that'll last you like 50 waves - and also after you maxed out your second cannon they should start dropping land mines everywhere

until like wave 200 or so, the landmines are 1 hit kills - at wave 369...it took me like 5 landmines to do 1 dmg which was crazy

and as time goes by you will get more gold for each kill and you can buy snipers and railguns easily

EpsilonX
07-06-2008, 12:11 PM

The only way to get far enough into the game to even SEE those is to upgrade your turrets as early as possible. I always start with a rocket tower and fully upgrade damage, then build 2 cannons and fully upgrade their damage. Then i work on the rate and range of the 3 turrets. Then i build a rocket tower, tazer, and 2 cannons in a box, and fully upgrade them. That gets me pretty far. Once you unlock sniper and railgun i start building those.

And i think i've lasted the longest, I played for over 2 and a half hours. Wave like 420 I think.

LiNuX
07-06-2008, 12:18 PM
The only way to get far enough into the game to even SEE those is to upgrade your turrets as early as possible. I always start with a rocket tower and fully upgrade damage, then build 2 cannons and fully upgrade their damage. Then i work on the rate and range of the 3 turrets. Then i build a rocket tower, tazer, and 2 cannons in a box, and fully upgrade them. That gets me pretty far. Once you unlock sniper and railgun i start building those.

And i think i've lasted the longest, I played for over 2 and a half hours. Wave like 420 I think.

lol yeah, even though we do the same things (cuz of ur advice) we still start out very differently, i just love those landmines in the beginning

YuriPrime
07-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Crap. Just finished a game, should have taken screenies. Next time I play I'll post a screenie or 2 on here.

LiNuX
07-06-2008, 03:34 PM
lol, i still have to know how the scoring works here, they don't show it in game, just at the end when you are done cuz epsilon is still the only one that went that far ahead (wave-wise) and he has the 4th highest score now

weird scoring system

YuriPrime
07-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Ok, here are some scenes from my last game . . .

Wave 170

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s13/gostampsgo/Other/onsl1j.jpg

Wave 300

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s13/gostampsgo/Other/onsl2j.jpg

Wave 370

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s13/gostampsgo/Other/onsl3j.jpg

Wave 449 :D

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s13/gostampsgo/Other/onsl4j.jpg

Oh and about the scoring system . . . I think you earn more points the more quickly you send hoards of enemies at you.

LiNuX
07-06-2008, 07:22 PM
lol nice work there yuri - 3+ hrs of playing...yeah..im not going after that lol, wasn't even planning on going after my old score let alone 3b

congratz

YuriPrime
07-06-2008, 07:29 PM
lol nice work there yuri - 3+ hrs of playing...yeah..im not going after that lol, wasn't even planning on going after my old score let alone 3b

congratz
Actually 45 of those minutes were paused as I was eating supper. So really it's 2 and 1/2 hours of playing. Nevertheless a long time . . . :spinny:

LiNuX
07-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Actually 45 of those minutes were paused as I was eating supper. So really it's 2 and 1/2 hours of playing. Nevertheless a long time . . . :spinny:

lol if you check at all my other scores, this was the first game i spent over an hour - i dont even spend 30 minutes on Tetris lol

im just happy its summertime, i dont care how i spend my time as long as nothing is due the next day lol

Kujo
07-07-2008, 03:29 PM
How the hell do you pause it?

LiNuX
07-07-2008, 03:51 PM
How the hell do you pause it?

bottom left corner of the game, you should see a play button and if its paused, the pause sign which is || lol

bottom left...

Kujo
07-07-2008, 05:13 PM
Ok... WTF!!! i just had a score of 2.(something) billion... and when I hit submit... nothing happened. I left it alone for like 5 minutes hoping it would do something.... finally I tried to reload the page and i was logged out and no proof of my score!!! WTF!!!!! I just lost 1.5 hours for ****ing nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LiNuX
07-07-2008, 05:17 PM
Ok... WTF!!! i just had a score of 2.(something) billion... and when I hit submit... nothing happened. I left it alone for like 5 minutes hoping it would do something.... finally I tried to reload the page and i was logged out and no proof of my score!!! WTF!!!!! I just lost 1.5 hours for ****ing nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, did the game freeze? and are you sure you clicked submit?

sorry for that but i can't really do anything about it - a screenshot would have been good proof but even with that, i can't manually enter scores

Eric
07-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Wow that sucks.. im gonna try more on this game, it's a fun one :)

EpsilonX
07-07-2008, 10:12 PM

same thing happened to me. I got a score of like 2.8 billion and a score of like 3.1 billion and both of them i got the same error message.

LiNuX
07-07-2008, 10:13 PM
same thing happened to me. I got a score of like 2.8 billion and a score of like 3.1 billion and both of them i got the same error message.

do you guys put "remember me" when you log in?

and what error message was that? kujo didn't specify one, just said he was logged out

Kujo
07-08-2008, 05:49 AM
I had no error message. I just waited for like... forever and nothing happened. So I hit refresh on my browser and magically I was signed off. And yes... i have "remember me" checked so i never have to actually log in.

LiNuX
07-08-2008, 10:25 AM
I had no error message. I just waited for like... forever and nothing happened. So I hit refresh on my browser and magically I was signed off. And yes... i have "remember me" checked so i never have to actually log in.

wow two people have the same problem in different ways

you didn't happen to pause the game for a while did you?

wifi
07-08-2008, 12:29 PM
i still have to play this game lol but over an hour? thats turnign me off :-P

EpsilonX
07-08-2008, 02:00 PM
i still have to play this game lol but over an hour? thats turnign me off :-P

it goes by really fast, trust me. you can be playing and ull look at the clock and it'll be 2 hours later and ull be like WHAT!?

anyways, my current goal is 1000 waves...I know how to do it, i'm just really really bad at it.

and no, i'm not sharing the secret with you.

YuriPrime
07-09-2008, 12:44 PM
A screenie from my last game. Check out the carnage.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s13/gostampsgo/Other/onsl7j.jpg

LiNuX
07-09-2008, 02:00 PM
A screenie from my last game. Check out the carnage.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s13/gostampsgo/Other/onsl7j.jpg

lol that looks awesome - i always wanted to play that map but never bothered cuz the game takes way too long and i dont have that kind of time to spend anymore - maybe when my finals are coming around lol,

Kujo
07-10-2008, 12:08 AM
My last game got to wave 358+ and I was forcing 5 and 6 waves at a time and they weren't even getting past the first bend in the "inspired" map. I was running out of time so I had to flush 10 waves down my throat just to end the game. I am pretty sure I could have gone to like 500+. When I died I had just under $800,000 in my bank to spend on death rays and such.

LiNuX
07-10-2008, 12:19 AM
My last game got to wave 358+ and I was forcing 5 and 6 waves at a time and they weren't even getting past the first bend in the "inspired" map. I was running out of time so I had to flush 10 waves down my throat just to end the game. I am pretty sure I could have gone to like 500+. When I died I had just under $800,000 in my bank to spend on death rays and such.

lol $800k? I never have more than $5k at a time cuz im always spending to upgrade and bringing out new stuff and i haven't played the game thoroughly in a while - i might just to try out another map

Kujo
07-10-2008, 12:49 AM
I'm effing addicted!!! I love seeing which weapons go best together for uber combos. best so far is the rocket launcher right next to a machine gun. Both maxed out = SUPER rocket that will take out an entire wave at a time... at lvl 250+!!!! toss in a "+rate" thingy and its very OP