PDA

View Full Version : Water For Life

LiNuX
01-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Below is an essay about the water crisis around the world:

Water is one of the most important things in life that we need in order to survive. Without water, there would be no life at all. Most of the third world nations are water scarce. They barely have enough water or they don?t have clean water for the residents. There are over six billion people and more than half of those people live in countries that are water scarce. Most of these countries are in Africa. These nations have some of the worst living conditions and their government cannot do anything about that since they are still developing. Thousands to tens of thousands of people die each day because they don?t have the water to drink or the contaminated water made them sick and they died.
Kids in these countries go through long journeys to get the water they need for their basic drinking and hygiene needs. Each person needs about 20 liters of water each day and young girls have to carry this amount of water two to three times everyday back and forth to and from the closest source of water. And even then, they have to add something to kill the bacteria that may be living there. They have no bathrooms, no water fountains, no toilets. These conditions are just horrible.
People such as Jay-Z have been giving a hand to these countries to help develop their water transportation system and the distribution of water throughout the countries. He has seen first hand how horrible these conditions are and how he can help them. All they need is money. He has inspired many people to give a helping hand and donate money. Other people and organizations have begun to give a hand and donate the money to make the world better and give water to those that need it as it is a necessity for life.
I think that it?s just amazing how hard the kids in those countries work just to get water everyday. Some have to walk a mile or more two to even five times everyday just to get the amount of water for their family members. I know that this country and other first world countries like the United States can help bring water into countries like this and give these people a reason to live and work hard. Nobody has to live in the conditions they live in.

What are you thoughts on this?

apokolipz
02-14-2007, 07:17 AM
this, sadly, is really just the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. along side of these peoblems lie blood diamond conflicts, corrupt government officals, and terrorist that kill hundreds a day just because they have nothing to do. what kind of world do we live in where people kill other people because they're bored. >:( this is just pathetic.

---- This next part may be slightly graphic, or, maybe not ---

also, the contamination of the water often leads to, as the essay says, viral, bacterial infections of the body. tape-worm especially. for those who don't know, tape worm is an actuall worm that can grow to be around 8ft. in length, or larger. it grows in the bodies of those who drink contaminated water. i won't explain what they do to remove the worm, but you can ask if ya want to know.

we, as americans, as well as the rest of the developed world, have no idea what kind of world we really live in. we take almost everything for granted. we drink what we feel like, then dump the rest. we eat our fill and throw away what we don't want. we fight over the simplest things. we steal things that we think we want. if any one of these people claim that they can survive on their own, send them to live in africa, or other developing countries, for a year. i promise you that when they return, they will be different, if they could even last a week in a country without safe water, adiquit amounts of food and rampaging terrorists. this should be a wake-up call, but sadly, people are too arogent and self-loveing to care for the world that was given to them.

diablo
02-14-2007, 02:39 PM
nice essay linux, it is sadly true, tape worms are horrible, they will suck your life out litterally, some consider parasites worse than cancer

apokolipz
02-14-2007, 03:05 PM
it is really awful. especially when they are being removed. yes, thats right, i said, when they are removed!!

a lot of that continent is really in some bad condition. we have some people who do something about it, but not as many as they really need..

diablo
02-14-2007, 03:07 PM
yea, africa is the poorest continent i believe, not counting antartica since there are no countries and its not counted as a country , well i guess for our generation, we should get our friends aware of everything thats happening, not just with them, but other situations too

LiNuX
02-14-2007, 08:38 PM
yea we can help spread, we are young right? we can just go around tell our friend about this and tell them to spread, tell them to conserve everything, because there are people out there that wouldnt even dream of having anything these kids have now

wifi
02-16-2007, 01:34 PM
yea i guess, but nice essay linux, i wish i knew that much about stuff :P

Twigz
02-17-2007, 10:50 AM
We take so much stuff for granted; we should value and appreciate the things we have, because, like Linux said in his essay, these kids in Africa have to fend their worth everyday to just get a trinket of water; us, we can just turn on our faucets and get a drink anytime we want to; and also piggybacking on Linux's points, we should go out and tell others to help, because the more people do it, the more differences we can make.