PDA

View Full Version : Rate Me GamePad "Where The Mature Gamer Hangs Out"

Djdoubt03
07-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Hey All Please come look at my gamer forum. http://gamepad.freeforums.org
ENTER HERE (http://gamepad.freeforums.org)

If you are looking for a gaming forum that's not full of a lot of annoying kids you have come to the right place.

Our mission is to allow the older gamer to enjoy game chat without all the annoying posts you see at other sites.

Please REGISTER We Need Posters.

http://members.aol.com/djdoubt03/gamepadbanner2.jpg (http://gamepad.freeforums.org)

wifi
07-08-2008, 12:38 PM
it looks alright but why dont youhave your own domain? think it'll be better looking then, you also may need a better logo because it looks choppy to me, good luck with it :-P

Djdoubt03
07-08-2008, 12:42 PM
can't afford a domain right now. Might get one if the board picks up

rukisuto
07-08-2008, 05:26 PM
I like the pictures you made for the different categories.
Pretty nice so far :]

Djdoubt03
08-13-2008, 10:36 PM
We have done a major upgrade to the site, come take a look, but alas no domain yet.

Samus-Fan
08-13-2008, 10:39 PM
It looks pretty good.
I would join, but I don't have time to be a member of 2 forums and stary active, not with whats going on right now.

Other then that, I would join.

"Domains are like paint. They are the cheapest way to make something look better" -Me

LiNuX
08-13-2008, 10:41 PM
why do you have two threads open for this? im locking this one since its older

edit: thread reopened since the other one was requested to be closed

Djdoubt03
08-13-2008, 10:49 PM

lock this thread Come Check Out GamePad - Gamers Forum (http://www.gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?p=107418#post107418) please, or remove it all together

Thanks for the assist

Djdoubt03
08-15-2008, 12:13 AM
I like the pictures you made for the different categories.
Pretty nice so far :]

Well then come on and register..post some of your art work in our user art work section.

Samus-Fan
08-15-2008, 09:48 AM
Eh, I'll join.
Don't count on me posting a lot, though.
I'm just going to post my graphics because I want more opinions.

Djdoubt03
08-15-2008, 09:37 PM
Eh, I'll join.

Thanks dud. Hopefully more people will come by and check it out. It's really not all that bad is it?

Djdoubt03
08-20-2008, 10:01 PM
Hey everone,

Just want to let you all know, we have underwent a major update, new layout and a ton of new content and game related news. Please come by and say hi.

Jaykub
08-20-2008, 10:05 PM
Hey everone,

Just want to let you all know, we have underwent a major update, new layout and a ton of new content and game related news. Please come by and say hi.

It looks the same as it did a week ago

Trunks
08-21-2008, 06:47 PM
It looks the same as it did a week ago

No it doesn't. Please don't post if you are just going to flame other websites.

Djdoubt03
08-27-2008, 10:47 PM
No it doesn't. Please don't post if you are just going to flame other websites.

Thanks again trunks.

By the way...even if the site "looks the Same" there are always things changing here. New forums are created constantly, so you don't get bored. Tons of off topic posting...and Proud to announce addition of a moderator that happens to be a lady gamer, if enough women join we will make a lady gamer only section, with password protection to allow only the ladies to speak in peace.

Djdoubt03
09-21-2008, 02:21 PM
We have just did an update. Please come by and look at our new Portal (Start Page). We have also added a new forum Guest Access. Anybody can post in this forum with out registering or logging in. Stop By and Say hi.

Djdoubt03
11-11-2008, 11:13 PM
Hey everone.

As always we are looking for some new members. If intrested in staying upto date with gaming news and reviews. Check out this site.

jakncoke
11-11-2008, 11:31 PM
lol triple post

Jaykub
11-12-2008, 01:25 PM
lol triple post

I love this guy.

any time I say something not even mean he becomes a major @$$ then trys to take GF members annoys 99% of us then breaks the rules like crazy

Thats like 4 dub posts and 1 triple

wifi
11-12-2008, 01:29 PM
lol, did you guys look at the date? like one post a month for him :-P not sure if thats breaking the rules

Trunks
11-13-2008, 03:32 PM
lol, did you guys look at the date? like one post a month for him :-P not sure if thats breaking the rules

Wifi is correct. You are allowed to bump your advertisements if it's been more than a week. Though you can't just say "bump" you have to add information. Which he did obviously, so he isn't breaking any rules at all.

Djdoubt03
04-13-2009, 10:04 PM
Well I know some of you complain about these posts, but I do follow all the rules, so here goes.

We have just added a flash arcade with over 400 games available, all that is required to play is a min of 10 posts on the board.

We now have a password protected area for clans, are you a member of a clan and need a private place to talk, each clan can set their password so that only clan members can access the message board, that way rivals can not spy on you. And you have a secure area to trade files and thoughts

Last but not least we have added a MAME (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator) section. We have have links to roms and tons of other MAME related items.

Come Check Us Out.

GamePad Portal (http://gamepad.freeforums.org)

jakncoke
04-13-2009, 10:52 PM
Chopper Challenge there?

Djdoubt03
04-13-2009, 11:15 PM
Chopper Challenge there?

:( can't say that it is.

For those posters who say "Oh a gamer site advertising on a gamer site is an epic fail". Well life is about variety.

Let me ask, how many of you use only one website for all your gaming needs? Oh look I don't see any hands. And if your hand went up your that fool in the corner with the cone shape hat on that says dunce.

We all use different sites because each one offer something different.

I have MAME on my site, this site does not
This site and many others have information and features I don't have.

Are you getting the picture yet? I'm not trying to be better than any one else, just trying to offer content the gamers that are in their 20's or older would enjoy.

Jaykub
04-13-2009, 11:16 PM
For those posters who say "Oh a gamer site advertising on a gamer site is an epic fail". Well life is about varity.

Let me ask, how many of you use only one website for all your gaming needs? Oh look I don't see any hands. And if your hand went up your that fool in the cornor with the cone shape hat on that says dunce.

We all use diffrent sites because each one offer something diffrent.

I have MAME on my site, this site does not
This site and many others have information and features I don't have.

Are you getting the picture yet? I'm not trying to be bether than any one else, just trying to offer content the gamers that are in their 20's or older would enjoy.

Stop Drop and Fail.

You double posted

LiNuX
04-13-2009, 11:21 PM
1. don't double post

2. it's an advertising section, an OP has the right to advertise whatever the hell he wants as long as he's following all the rules, in this case, all the rules are being followed

3. if you don't like what's being advertised, don't reply to it - the next person that wants to criticize any thread in this board without being "constructive" will be infracted appropriately.

4. act like adults

jakncoke
04-13-2009, 11:24 PM
:( can't say that it is.

<lots of butt hurt crying>

I use 2,

Neogaf-because of the members and basically best news site for gaming or non gaming news

This- for Chopper Challenge and actually getting replies to my posts

Djdoubt03
04-13-2009, 11:26 PM
1. don't double post

2. it's an advertising section, an OP has the right to advertise whatever the hell he wants as long as he's following all the rules, in this case, all the rules are being followed

3. if you don't like what's being advertised, don't reply to it - the next person that wants to criticize any thread in this board without being "constructive" will be infracted appropriately.

4. act like adults

Thanks for that LiNuX.. Sorry for the double post must have clicked post 2x, on a slow connection tonight.

Btw your #4 is the reason why I created GamePad, too many gamer sites are full of ignorance childish postings.

Thanks Again

Jaykub
04-13-2009, 11:28 PM
Thanks for that LiNuX.. Sorry for the double post must have clicked post 2x, on a slow connection tonight.

Btw your #4 is the reason why I created GamePad, too many gamer sites are full of ignorance childish postings.

Thanks Again

Well you do have a great idea since most gamers are over 21..

not

Djdoubt03
04-13-2009, 11:29 PM
I use 2,

Neogaf-because of the members and basically best news site for gaming or non gaming news

This- for Chopper Challenge and actually getting replies to my posts

I use about 5 or 6 diff ones..

jakncoke
04-13-2009, 11:31 PM

Thanks Again

That's why you take neogaf's approach of no bs and having to use college/work/isp email to get a username

Djdoubt03
04-13-2009, 11:34 PM
Well you do have a great idea since most gamers are over 21..

not

Most gamers are not over 21 which is why Older gamers need a place to relax and avoid pointless posts like all the ones you've tried to hijack my thread with, all ages are welcome at GamePad but it's geared for those over 18.

Jaykub
04-13-2009, 11:35 PM
Most gamers are not over 21 which is why Older gamers need a place to relax and avoid pointless posts like all the ones you've tried to hijack my thread with, all ages are welcome at GamePad but it's geared for those over 18.

Get a domain and I will grow up

Djdoubt03
04-13-2009, 11:39 PM
Get a domain and I will grow up

Why are people so hell bent on what someone's domain is? Because some one uses free hosting their site is inferior? Guess what genius, a ton of site start on free servers and succeed. Hey you want me to have a domain? buy it for me and I'll use it.

Jaykub
04-13-2009, 11:40 PM
Why are people so hell bent on what someone's domain is? Because some one uses free hosting their site is inferior? Guess what genius, a ton of site start on free servers and succeed. Hey you want me to have a domain? buy it for me and I'll use it.

Trust me.

When I was 12 I had a great forum. got about 900 memeber's and after a point everyone left saying they needed a site with a domain name.

Djdoubt03
04-13-2009, 11:43 PM
Trust me.

When I was 12 I had a great forum. got about 900 memeber's and after a point everyone left saying they needed a site with a domain name.

Umm...ok

Maybe they left because of the way you appear to like to treat people?

Jaykub
04-13-2009, 11:45 PM
Umm...ok

Maybe they left because of the way you appear to like to treat people?

Look.

I really support gamers and gaming forums.
I also hope your forum makes it. It just really needs a Domain.

Djdoubt03
04-13-2009, 11:54 PM
Look.

I really support gamers and gaming forums.
I also hope your forum makes it. It just really needs a Domain.

Thank you. I appreciate the Mature response, didn't like the crap I had to go through to get it but thanks.

I know I need a domain, I'm strapped for cash, when I get the $$ I'll gladly purchase a domain, besides I only have about 50 or so users right now, why shell out extra cash and take food from my baby's moth for a hobby? Just a thought.

Exodyus
04-13-2009, 11:56 PM
That's a first.
Defending G-F and getting Deleted.

Maybe this isn't the place for mature people after all...

Jaykub
04-13-2009, 11:59 PM
That's a first.

Yes.

Yes go to his forum and stay for good.
Problem solved

LiNuX
04-14-2009, 06:58 AM
That's a first.

1. GF didn't need defending

2. what you've done is spam another's thread with a halfass post before I decided to delete it

3. You keep pointing out how immature others are on this forum but you haven't looked at how you act against others sometimes.

4. </thread> OP feel free to open another thread in a week to advertise, this thread is getting too spammy