PDA

View Full Version : Sell Wii and tons of games for a PS3?

Hockeyfan
07-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Well, I do not really enjoy playing my Wii right now. The games to me get boring after a week or two. (Call of Duty 3 was by far the best game that has come out for the Wii) I have SSBB and Mario Kart Wii and stuff but those are not doing anything for me. From the looks of it Wii is just coming to keep coming out with the same kind of games.
So, I'm stuck. The PS3 costs a ton of money, will it be worth it, if I do get a PS3? People who have a PS3 please respond to this.
I not into the same kind of games I used to be. I really enjoy shooter games and it seems like most of those are for the PS3 and X Box 360.

It will be a while before I decide though.

My whole list of accessories and games adds up to $683, I'd probably try to sell everything together on eBay for Buy It Now at $630 and the bidding start at $600 or something.

Trunks
07-08-2008, 06:24 PM
It probably won't sell for that high of a price.....I would put the buy it now at 600 and start the bidding at 200.... That's just me though.

LiNuX
07-08-2008, 06:28 PM
you may have to go down with your price a lot in order to get some bids

but good luck though and i agree with trunks about starting bids and bin prices - you can also set a reserve price just in case

glenofimaal
07-08-2008, 06:41 PM
i used to have the wii and i also got bored of it:yes: i now have a ps3 :)and i really enjoy my ps3. i've heard in an article that xbox 360s tend to break easily

but it's totally up to you

Trunks
07-08-2008, 06:45 PM
i used to have the wii and i also got bored of it:yes: i now have a ps3 :)and i really enjoy my ps3. i've heard in an article that xbox 360s tend to break easily

Depends how you handle it. Sure if knock it over or man handle it then, yea it will brake. I haven't had a problem with mine until the red rings thing that they fixed for free and gave me a 1 month membership pass.

Hockeyfan
07-08-2008, 07:24 PM

Yeah, my friend had his 360 for 4 months and it broke.

Trunks
07-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Yeah, my friend had his 360 for 4 months and it broke.

He's a man handler...

glenofimaal
07-08-2008, 07:51 PM
there is a 3 year warranty for the xbox 360

Scott
07-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Well if you like games like Call of Duty you'd be better off with a PS3. But what's wrong withe the action games on Wii?.. Have you played Metroid Prime 3 or Red Steel?

Hockeyfan
07-09-2008, 11:31 AM
Well if you like games like Call of Duty you'd be better off with a PS3. But what's wrong withe the action games on Wii?.. Have you played Metroid Prime 3 or Red Steel?

I rented Metroid Prime 3 and I didn't like it and I have never played Red Steel.
I also really want Skate and Skate 2 when it comes out.

glenofimaal
07-09-2008, 11:32 AM
metal gear solid 4 for the ps3 is supposed to be great

i'm gonna get it when the price goes down

Iceskater101
07-09-2008, 11:39 AM
yeah sell your wii stuff
because it seems as if you dont like it
so sell it
ps3 is a great choice
but about the 306 breaking i have had my 360 since christmas
and thats about 7 months it hasn't broke yet.
So its up to you
but I love my 360

Scott
07-09-2008, 11:43 AM
I rented Metroid Prime 3 and I didn't like it and I have never played Red Steel.
I also really want Skate and Skate 2 when it comes out.

But if you prefer violent games I don't get why you'd spend all that money on a wii just to realise it's not for you. Didn't you look to see what games were on it first?.

Anyway, the PS3 has got a lot of big games this year. MGS4 is one of the greatest games ever and so is GTA4 and they are planning on releasing Bioshock on the PS3 too. So if you like action games it's perfect for you.

glenofimaal
07-09-2008, 11:46 AM
But if you prefer violent games I don't get why you'd spend all that money on a wii just to realise it's not for you. Didn't you look to see what games were on it first?.

Anyway, the PS3 has got a lot of big games this year. MGS4 is one of the greatest games ever and so is GTA4 and they are planning on releasing Bioshock on the PS3 too. So if you like action games it's perfect for you.

i also think their releasing haze for the ps3 too

Scott
07-09-2008, 11:52 AM
i also think their releasing haze for the ps3 too

Yeah it's out. And I'm so disappointed Free Radical usually make brilliant games, but Haze is just another shooter.

glenofimaal
07-09-2008, 02:56 PM
Yeah it's out. And I'm so disappointed Free Radical usually make brilliant games, but Haze is just another shooter.

oh well i might look at some reviews for it and decide from there

Hockeyfan
07-09-2008, 04:43 PM

I didn't even buy it, I got it the first Christmas it came from my family. I didn't really even want it that bad, but they thought I'd really enjoy it, so I kept it.

Scott
07-10-2008, 04:29 AM
I didn't even buy it, I got it the first Christmas it came from my family. I didn't really even want it that bad, but they thought I'd really enjoy it, so I kept it.

So sell it if you don't want it. I'm sure you'll like the shooters on PS3. If you do get a PS3 Call of Duty 4 is the one game You have got to get.

Eric
07-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Yeah if you don't want it, why bother keeping it? Get something you will enjoy

otis
04-10-2009, 02:23 PM
wii for ps3? yes!