PDA

View Full Version : Review Civilization Revolution

Scott
07-10-2008, 08:18 AM
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/857/857928/civilization-revolution-20080307043527016_640w.jpg

Running the world is far from civilised...

The staples of the god sim - organising assets, keeping disgruntled lackeys happy and planning ahead like a chess champion - are all in abundance in Civilization Revolution. But it's the able combination of humor and console-friendly gameplay that carries the day
Gleefully plundering the history books it offers players the thrill of filling the boots of one of 16 great leaders from Gandhi to Abraham lincoln. Starting off in the dark ages the said leader must steer his or her people from obscurity to victory. To do so players need not carve a bloody swathe across the land with military might (Though that's always an option).
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2007/11/05/civrev4.jpg

Victory can be won through diplomacy, technological advancement, cultural enrichment or making big cash. This ability to change tack at any time provides pleasingly dynamic gameplay. By rights such depth should make Civilization the worlds most complex game, but the guiding hands of your trusted team of advisors make things run smoothly. It's an easy game to pick up but it's tough to master. Special mention should go to the games sharp sence of humour, online four-player play and downloadable content too. Absorbing, satisfying and surprisingly fast-paced, it's far mor rewarding than we mere mortals had any right to expect.

Scoring;

Graphics;
Detailed landscapes and great character design.
82/100

Gameplay;
Accessible, thanks to the simple controls, with fast-paced play.
89/100

Lifespan;
Online play and the game of the week DLC will keep you coming back.
84/100

Final Score;
As entertaining as it is absorbing and one of the best console strategy games around.
84/100

LiNuX
07-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Good review, i haven't played a Civ game in a while, well i haven't played a strategy game in a while.

graphics looks much better than Civ III and even Civ IV

Trunks
07-10-2008, 01:47 PM
I have never played a civ game, probably never will. Looks to much like AoE, and my guess is that AoE is better.

Mr Cool
07-10-2008, 02:58 PM
I don\'t like Civilization so I wont get this.

Scott
07-10-2008, 03:08 PM
I don\'t like Civilization so I wont get this.

Have you played Civilization before?. How can you be sure you wont like this.

LiNuX
07-10-2008, 03:34 PM
strategy games give you a sense of power and that's what I like lol, and if you haven't played any I would really recommend one of the Civ or AOE games to you

Scott
07-10-2008, 03:45 PM
Good review, i haven't played a Civ game in a while, well i haven't played a strategy game in a while.

graphics looks much better than Civ III and even Civ IV

Of course it looks better it's on the consoles. I wonder if they're planning a Civi 5?

LiNuX
07-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Of course it looks better it's on the consoles. I wonder if they're planning a Civi 5?

civilization games sell a lot so I am sure they'll be making a civ 5 for the pc later on, same with AoE

Hawk
08-08-2008, 10:42 PM
oo looks nice.
better than the others at least

thanks for the review.

Iceskater101
08-08-2008, 10:45 PM
this looks awesome
I wondered if it was any good..
good review