PDA

View Full Version : SMF Shop Added

LiNuX
01-21-2007, 08:08 PM
We finally added the SMF Shop Mod which allowed the users to get points for their topics and posts. The shop will also allow the users to buy certain things that are useful to themselves in the forum. Check out the shop by clicking the Shop Button on top of the forum. Points are called GFP for Gamer's Forum Points.

Here are some basic rules and information on the mod:

1. For every topic you open, you will get 4 points (this is just a mod opening special -- it may decrease in the future)
2. For every post you make, you will receive 2 points (same for this feature -- it may decrease in the future)
3. Polls count as topics and will be awared the same points as opening a topic.
4. You will not get any points for character -- i could not set that up :( but we will no tolerate spam to get points. You will be penalized if you are found spamming or not following the rules.

SMF Shop Items:

1. Increase your Post Count by 100 -- 500 points -- if you can get 500 points u deserve to get an extra 100 post count added -- This will not get you more points.
2. Change your display name -- 50 points -- its cheap now since u can change it for free now -- i may change that later.
3. Change your User Title -- 200 points -- this is the same as the custom user titles -- you can now change it on your own instead of requesting one in that topic opened in general category board.
4. Increase your Karma by 1 -- 25 points -- Increase your Thanks by one :) some may need it lol.
5. Increase your total time logged in by 1 hours -- 50 points -- this isnt very important which it only adds one hour to your online time logged. some may use it to look good. :)
6. Get a random amount of money, between -190 and 190 -- 75 points -- this is gambling, You can Lose More points or get more points. the max you can lose is 190 points and the max you can gain is 190 points.
7. Rock -- 5 points -- very cheap because it does nothing, but some may like collecting rocks ;D.
8. Make any one of your topics a sticky -- 300 points -- This will sticky any topic that you want in any board you are allowed to post.
9. Test Item -- 10 points -- also does nothing :)

More items will be added soon. New Contest board will be opened for contests ran by the forum staff and other members for their own benefits.

You can send others points as a donation. Ex. A contest is run and the reward was some points. You give them points -- u can do that via the posts or the shop.

Bank Information -- You can deposit money into the bank to hold. You will get an extra 2% of your points every week or month -- not sure on this. minimum deposit is 50 points.

This post will be edited for updates. If you have questions or suggestions, please ask them here. Enjoy the mod!

Update on mod: Check the link to the following threads on updates on getting points. http://www.gamers-forum.com/index.php?topic=1088.0

souljaa
01-21-2007, 08:11 PM
Ahh..This is great news man :)....Good job! :D.

aosmallan
01-21-2007, 08:44 PM
haha I didn't know there were things like this for forums, pretty cool man, pretty cool.

diablo
01-22-2007, 11:40 AM
niiiice, thats hot lol, i see people are working to get the points up :) my turn, good job with it, i look forward to the new mods u'll install later on

Twigz
01-22-2007, 03:47 PM
I'm glad to see this mod finally here...can't wait to put it to fruition...thanks bud! ;)

DangerZone
01-23-2007, 11:48 AM
hmm nice bro....gr8 job..!!!

crazay
02-07-2007, 12:25 PM
lol nice work, i have missed it all, gonna take me a while to catch up to some of your point count lol

wifi
02-10-2007, 08:29 PM
yea i noticed this, great job, i tried to install on a test forum, failed lol, 3 times too, i cant do it manually, oh well, i'll just use yours up :P

LiNuX
02-10-2007, 10:06 PM
did you use the latest versions of both smf and shopmod? that can be a reason and since its a test forum its ok, but if u ever have an active forum and need it installed, i can do it for a few GFP, script help board is where you need to ask for help :)

wifi
02-11-2007, 08:12 PM
ok sure lol, my friend set up my test forum on his webhost so i dont know, i'll ask him later

chaoscauser
02-19-2007, 11:31 AM
good job the shop mod is one of my favourites

LiNuX
03-23-2007, 10:37 PM
New Shop Item -- long awaited, instead of having a certain amount of posts to be MVP or VIP of the forum, now you can buy yourself into the those membergroups.

For now the prices are as follows:
1. MVP -- 600 GFP
2. VIP -- 1200 GFP

Good luck!

souljaa
03-23-2007, 11:42 PM
Shopmod is fixed :) everything is where it should be and added extras, check the following post for more information on that :). Enoy it.

http://www.gamers-forum.com/index.php?topic=749.new#new

Sounds great! Got scared there for a sec ;).

KittyCat72
03-24-2007, 08:04 AM
Hey Linux, if you can buy them, can you sell them? Like if I had 600 GFP, maybe I could sell my MVP for 600 and then buy a VIP. He he.........

LiNuX
03-24-2007, 09:23 AM
Hey Linux, if you can buy them, can you sell them? Like if I had 600 GFP, maybe I could sell my MVP for 600 and then buy a VIP. He he.........

no sorry :( once you have the item and used it, you cant sell it anymore, u see if you buy ur MVP in shop, right now, just giving an example -- and you dont use that item to make yourself MVP, you can put it up in the trade center or sell it on the forum contest & point sales then just forward the item to their user account.

But your MVP was given at the privelage of getting that many posts a day, much more different than being bought :). You'll get there in no time, you have two ways of reaching VIP now :)

KittyCat72
03-24-2007, 09:40 AM
I was just wondering. That would be really neat though. :D

wifi
03-24-2007, 08:36 PM
yay, now i have some use to my points, wait lol, im already vip lol haha :P cool

diablo
03-24-2007, 08:50 PM
wow i missed soo much lol, well im back for a while now, i'll see if i can get the mvp status lol, not on that much anymore to get it the other way lol :) good job linux

Twigz
03-26-2007, 09:35 AM
Cool Linux, now you don't have to be busy looking at everyone's PPD (posts per day for you slowpokes, lol), sneaky but smart ;D

jasonbay
03-27-2007, 12:52 PM
New Shop Item -- long awaited, instead of having a certain amount of posts to be MVP or VIP of the forum, now you can buy yourself into the those membergroups.

For now the prices are as follows:
1. MVP -- 600 GFP
2. VIP -- 1200 GFP

Good luck!

Just wondering can i reach those 2 membergroups by just being a member and posting great posts ?

LiNuX
03-27-2007, 06:28 PM
be a member and post a lot of great posts and get the points needed for this and yes you can achieve it :) your profile says you have 228 GFP, not too far from the MVP membergroup.

Here is another Special -- Any MVP that is already a current MVP or purchases a MVP upgrade item from shop, if you want to upgrade to VIP status, It will Cost 900 GFP instead of 1200 now -- since you are already MVP why not become VIP a little faster?

Just make a post in the Contest Sales Board and request to be upgraded to VIP with 900 GFP, you must be MVP first, i will change your membergroup ASAP and deduct 900 GFP :)

KittyCat72
03-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Just a small question, if you buy the VIP, can you lose it? And if so, how?

LiNuX
03-29-2007, 07:38 PM
nope, cant lose it if you buy, well i can take it off later with request from the user lol, if you earned it via posts per day and you hit below the requirements then it goes away automatically but if you buy it, it wont go away.

KittyCat72
03-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Good, I like that. Then there's no problem with buying it when I get the points.

wifi
03-30-2007, 10:56 PM
dam that means i can lose it now, well im just gonna stack up on points and IF i ever lose it, i'll just buy it back haha :P

LiNuX
03-31-2007, 10:02 PM
dam that means i can lose it now, well im just gonna stack up on points and IF i ever lose it, i'll just buy it back haha :P

dont worry, you have a long way to go before you hit below level lol :)

Drake14
03-31-2007, 10:38 PM
No REAL need to worry about that for me. Cuz i'm mod! i'm always green ;D

LiNuX
04-01-2007, 09:01 PM
http://www.gamers-forum.com/index.php?topic=1088.0

Please check that thread on updates on the shop mod.

Thanks!

KittyCat72
04-02-2007, 06:00 PM
I like the new GFP posting thing; now I can get that VIP a little faster, he he.

KittyCat72
04-06-2007, 12:05 PM
Sorry for double posting, but I've got 900 GFP now. Sheesh, it took me forever to find this topic in order to tell you.

wifi
04-06-2007, 12:14 PM
900 GFP for what? for VIP? lol omg, i got someone at my level now haha, congratz, but kitty my friend, wrong section, he said to post in the point sales board lol, read his post again haha :P

souljaa
04-06-2007, 09:59 PM
900 GFP for what? for VIP? lol omg, i got someone at my level now haha, congratz, but kitty my friend, wrong section, he said to post in the point sales board lol, read his post again haha :P

Uh-oh, you got competition now :P. Lol jks.

crazay
04-06-2007, 11:31 PM
lol, i guess i'll have to work my way into MVP first :) shouldnt be too hard, 1/6 of the way there already lol :)

KittyCat72
04-07-2007, 08:56 AM
Yeah, I know I'm supposed to post in that section. I just wanted to tell you here too, ha ha!