PDA

View Full Version : Stolen accounts.

Juicebox
07-11-2008, 10:50 AM
I have two fairly ok accounts on runescape. well I took a lil break about 3 weeks ago. I just found out that two of my good friends stole both of them. I cought one before they could change the recovories? do I have that spelt right? and the otherone I didn't get in time and they change the password and recovires. I've talked to one of them and he says he doesn't know what the password is and the otherone lives along way away.

Trunks
07-11-2008, 10:53 AM
That's why is says on the site that you shouldn't give your password to anyone. I hope you are not trying to blame Runesacpe for this. It's clearly your fault.

Juicebox
07-11-2008, 10:57 AM
I didn't give them my password. I dont know how they figured it out. Why would I blame runespace I know its not there fault.

wifi
07-11-2008, 12:45 PM
wow that sucks, are you sure they are the ones that stole it? and can't you contact runescape and complain or sometihng?

Trunks
07-11-2008, 12:54 PM
Yea, you should be able to get it back, if you remember everything. If you were a member they gave you a number to retrieve your account. Also if the membership was brought through credit card, you can do it like that. They also can check to see if the account was made on the same ip you are using, along with the first password and stuff like that.

Joshuah
07-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Well, if I were you, kill your friends :-P Prehaps next time ad some uncrackable security questions and a random password :-) and change it every week or month or 2 weeks, change it frequently ;-)

LiNuX
07-11-2008, 05:40 PM
contact the runescape staff if you can and see if you can get those accounts back - usually they will be able to get it back to the rightful owners - Blizzard and Steam does it even though it can take a while and if you can prove you own the account and the changes were not authorized by you then i am sure they should be able to help you in some way

rukisuto
07-11-2008, 05:42 PM
I've had that happen to me.
Except it was with a website my friend gave to me.

I hope you get things sorted out.

Trunks
07-11-2008, 05:44 PM
contact the runescape staff if you can and see if you can get those accounts back - usually they will be able to get it back to the rightful owners - Blizzard and Steam does it even though it can take a while and if you can prove you own the account and the changes were not authorized by you then i am sure they should be able to help you in some way

steam is very good with it. My friend lost his password or something. We are not really sure what happened. He had his password for steamed saved for like 2 years, then one day it didn't work. He used Kaspersky 2009 anti virus. Top of the line virus scanner, no key loggers or anything. Well anyway he contacted steam and they told him to right a code down and take a picture of it with is cd key. Then they let him change his secret word and everything. Kind of off topic, but I just wanted to tell how good steam is.

LiNuX
07-11-2008, 05:50 PM
steam is very good with it. My friend lost his password or something. We are not really sure what happened. He had his password for steamed saved for like 2 years, then one day it didn't work. He used Kaspersky 2009 anti virus. Top of the line virus scanner, no key loggers or anything. Well anyway he contacted steam and they told him to right a code down and take a picture of it with is cd key. Then they let him change his secret word and everything. Kind of off topic, but I just wanted to tell how good steam is.

it happened to me twice this past year - they detected someone trying to use my account and they locked the account lol, TWICE in 2 months - it took them over a week each time to fix it

i will say they are good, but very slow compared to other companies - and on that note, I hope runescape staff is faster at responding with that than steam cuz a week can be too late and in runescape they can get rid of your items and stuff, not really sure how that works

good luck getting it back to juice

Trunks
07-11-2008, 05:55 PM
They could get rid of item's but there would be no point. It would just cause displeasure to the owner of the account. Theirs no way to get to get the item to another account. So hes probably using the account him self.

Iceskater101
07-12-2008, 11:14 PM
yeah I have had a account hacked before it was not fun trust me
but I guess all you can do is start over and create a new account
or try to get your old account back
I dont know how

Jaykub
07-12-2008, 11:17 PM
That's why is says on the site that you shouldn't give your password to anyone. I hope you are not trying to blame Runesacpe for this. It's clearly your fault.

I second that your passowrd should be your's only my family does not even know my passwords

Juicebox
07-14-2008, 10:45 AM
yeah I Know its them because I was on msn and he was like dude go on rs. I replyed no im busy. and he said somthing like lol...guess what im a member now. I said ok. he then said lol. and then I said ? and then he said we got dmon
and then I replyed with another question mark then said what? and he said we tooke dmonfighter and nova
and then I swore alot and asked for the password for nova but he said. I dont know it was logan who did it. GD im pissed. but your right that was he's doing hes using it for himself because tehre account sucks. nova is 50 ssomthing and dmon is 71.

Jjjet1
08-01-2008, 08:06 PM
well i don't know what to say other than contact jagex about your member account ( if that was the one that you can't get back ) and then if they ask you about your recovery questions maybe type in what they were then there should be a few boxes about what your previous passwords were and then it should say about if your account was a member then you should type in your information there. so if you have all that you might be able to get your account back. then i believe there is a little comment box that you can type stuff pleeing your case. but there you should type what had happend that your account was stolen and you can't get it back. i know how it feels when your account gets stolen. it happened to me when i had four santas and like 20m cash. i was furious. so now i'm back to 1m cash about 10m items and 1 santa. miniscule to what i had before but it's better than nothing. and the first time i got hacked was when santas first came out and i had one with full addy. back then. full addy meant you doing ok. and full rune meant you were rich.

Juicebox
10-26-2008, 06:58 PM
well this might be old but I got dmonfighter1 back ALL the items are gone. I started a new account monquarter11 and I have yet to get novafreak86 back BUT I will as soon as that rat comes back to visit his grandmother.

GF Eric
10-29-2008, 09:53 PM
Good luck with that lol. Glad to see you got your account back.

Juicebox
10-30-2008, 02:49 PM
Yeah I dout ill play much tho because of school and the loss of all my items. the only way I would start playing again is if I could get my hand on a rune woodcutting axe and just go cut abuot 5k of yews by the grand exchange.

GF Eric
10-30-2008, 09:21 PM
Yeah I dout ill play much tho because of school and the loss of all my items. the only way I would start playing again is if I could get my hand on a rune woodcutting axe and just go cut abuot 5k of yews by the grand exchange.

I could lend you 1 of my rune axes if you want.

Vamp
10-30-2008, 11:29 PM
Well i've read everyones post and this is the best answer that I can think of.. It's happened to me plenty of times in the past and if you've contacted Jagex staff and told them all of your info and had no reply or no answer in about a week, kill them haha :D [Your friends, that is]

omgodzilla10
04-05-2009, 07:38 PM
:o
That must suck. What levels were your accounts?