PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II

blaze4556
07-12-2008, 03:21 PM
This is my last review for a while, hope you like it.

http://frinklinspeaks.mu.nu/archives/box_pc.jpg

Set five years after the first kotor, The sith have wiped out almost every last jedi and there are only a handfull left. You wake up on the Peragus mining facility not knowing who you are and how you got there. There are hostile robots ready to shoot on sight all over the facility. Along the way you meet a wise old lady and a mysterious person that has the personality of Han Solo. Later on in the game you're told that if you want to aid the republic you must find (or kill) the jedi masters that are hiding on each planet you come across. The Peragus mining facility is absolutely horrible, the main reason why i dont try to complete the game again is because i remember how boring it was, it may take a while...like a couple of hours or so (the game is time consuming) but once you done that lvl, it gets way more exciting. What i like most about the lvls is the fact that there's always something fun to do. Whether its delivering a robot, saving a queen, or dueling a half naked woman.

http://guide2games.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/kotor2-sith-lords-3.jpg

One of the new features in kotor is that you can become a Sith if you are aligned in the dark side. The graphics look exactly the same as the first game, infact i think kotor 1 had better graphics. The combat is also the same as the first one. you line up attacks you want to use, then you and your enemy take it in turns attacking. This all happans in real-time. The force powers are great, dont expect to learn how to electrocute a group of enemys as soon as you start using force powers. First you have to learn the powers before it, for shocking people it goes something like this "lightning>Shock>Storm" so you have to learn the weak power first but after you lvl a few times you can start doing some real damage. Theres also "Wound>Injure>Kill" kill being the one that lets you choke people and many many others. This is a great way of learning force powers since you see how your moves went from sparking someone to electrocuting a whole group.

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/previews/xbox/star_wars_knights_old_republic/star_wars_knights_old_republic_2.jpg

For me kotor 2 is more fun then kotor 1, because you feel like you want to know what will happan to all the jedi's and i really got into the story. There is alot more that you can do on the planets and you become way more powerfull. On the last lvl i was killing hordes of enemys like flies. You can also convert a couple of your team mates into jedi's which makes them way more usefull :D. if you were playing this after having completed kotor 1 then you would think that the developers were the same (bioware). Obsidian were given the task of making kotor 2 and they did a superb job. If you like rpg's then you should buy kotor 2 It will keep you busy for a good week which is more then i can say for most nex gen games.

story-9.4
gameplay-8.9
graphics-7.7

overall-9.3

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2006/10/kotor2_restoration.jpg

LiNuX
07-12-2008, 03:28 PM
second of the series, it took me a minute to find out this was II and the other one was the first one lol, good review and great screenshots

sad to see this is your last review for a while, good work in this review :)

blaze4556
07-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Yeah they look exactly the same lol.

im happy to have been writing reviews for this forum :-)

Iceskater101
07-12-2008, 05:17 PM
wow cool game
aww last review?
how come?

blaze4556
07-14-2008, 08:40 AM
wow cool game
aww last review?
how come?

Reviewing games isn't the same as it used to be.

GF Eric
07-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Nice review. I like this game but they chopped it up so much not the whole story line was put it. A bunch of people were sup[pose to die and new locations where to be put in.

Scott
07-14-2008, 03:24 PM
I like the KOTOR's but I thought this wasn't as good as the first. The first had the better story.

blaze4556
07-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Nice review. I like this game but they chopped it up so much not the whole story line was put it. A bunch of people were sup[pose to die and new locations where to be put in.

The ending definitely felt rushed which was a real shame.

I like the KOTOR's but I thought this wasn't as good as the first. The first had the better story.

The first had a great story, but i prefer kotor 2's story because of how all the jedi's were killed in the war. It really made you feel like you had to keep playing just to find out what would happan to them. The first one didnt have that feel, for me anyway.

Revan
07-15-2008, 05:53 PM
i hated how they cut out the hk - production factory and wat happend between goto and bao dur's machine when they were going to activate the gravity mass . lol cutting them out was harsh.

Sweet142
10-01-2008, 12:34 AM
Really solid review there mate, I really hope that they make a KOTOR3 for the next gen consoles and PC.

MyPoints2Shop
10-20-2009, 01:01 AM
I LOVED these two games (they're definitely the top three, along with Zelda). I felt that KOTOR 1 was a lot lighter in terms of setting and graphics. It seemed like all the worlds in KOTOR 2 were really dark (to be redundant), but I guess that fits with the theme of the story. I really HATED both the endings for KOTOR 2 (evil and good). It just seemed that the people ran out of ideas toward the end. I mean, seriously, couldn't they show what happened to everyone instead of just making you read it?