PDA

View Full Version : Sega Genesis version 2 and Game Genie?

mrizzone
07-12-2008, 06:12 PM
I just bought a Game Genie for Sega off ebay, and have tried to use online Game Genie codes but none of them seem to work for the games I own. I have Sega Genesis version 2. The game genie screen comes up, with the sword and the number and letters, and allows me to enter them, and then the game starts up, however the game never seems to change at all. I have tried it on several Marvel games (Wolverine's Adamantium Rage, X-men, X-men 2, Spiderman and X-men) and the Lion King. I was wondering if Game Genie for Sega is compatible with Sega version two? Thanks

LiNuX
07-12-2008, 06:19 PM
game genie, i tried to use one for my sega a while ago, not sure if it was sega lol, but for something, that and gameshark, i never got any of them to work

why not just get through the games as is without game genie?

mrizzone
07-12-2008, 07:00 PM
I have tried, but now that I'm in my late twenties, I don't have time to battle a Genesis Game all day. It's too bad they don't have a save feature like modern games. I think Game Genie will speed up the process, while still letting me enjoy the game, without struggling through it so much

LiNuX
07-12-2008, 08:34 PM
well i've never gotten any of these to work for me so i can't help you lol - i haven't played my sega genesis in years actually so i actually forgot what the controller feels like in my hands lol