PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo announces Wii MotionPlus

jakncoke
07-14-2008, 10:57 AM
http://media.nintendo.com/nintendo/bin/3RKosPh__LxB1WtNLW5Vglm0D-_MD6I2/lApMjLBYdw7v2ATJbBTQ1lLHPs4jxMFx.jpg

Nintendo's upcoming Wii MotionPlus accessory for the revolutionary Wii Remote controller again redefines game control, by more quickly and accurately reflecting motions in a 3-D space. The Wii MotionPlus accessory attaches to the end of the Wii Remote and, combined with the accelerometer and the sensor bar, allows for more comprehensive tracking of a player’s arm position and orientation, providing players with an unmatched level of precision and immersion. Every slight movement players make with their wrist or arm is rendered identically in real time on the screen, providing a true 1:1 response in their game play. The Wii MotionPlus accessory reconfirms Nintendo’s commitment to making games intuitive and accessible for everyone. Nintendo will reveal more details about the Wii MotionPlus accessory and other topics Tuesday morning at its E3 media briefing.

more accurate controller= win

LiNuX
07-14-2008, 11:57 AM
lol the old wiimote wasn't as accurate? I have some exp with the wii but not too much and it seemed fine but meh..what do i know lol, not a wii owner

conman1000
07-14-2008, 12:09 PM
This will be great for the new Star Wars game and all of that.

rukisuto
07-14-2008, 03:25 PM
The first remote looks baller, lol.
I wouldn't even know what it's like..

EpsilonX
07-15-2008, 12:18 PM
Where do you put the nunchuck thing then?

Iceskater101
07-16-2008, 12:27 PM
Where do you put the nunchuck thing then?

I suppose you cant use them at the same time..?
I am not sure though

rebootblue
07-16-2008, 09:15 PM
I hope they sell them with the consoles. Since I'm getting a Wii soon it'd be nice to start with a deadly accurate controller.

djmastermike
10-05-2008, 04:18 AM
i heared that they would have the motion+ as a combo of a new game. WII SPORTS ARCADE. this would include the motion sensor, but the are only 2 NEW GAMES on sports arcade. these could include basket ball. sounds like you cannot buy them sepratly, but this may change

CK9T
10-06-2008, 04:17 PM
I suppose you cant use them at the same time..?
I am not sure though

I believe it goes at the bottom of the WiiMotion attachment. I think..

smashboy
10-06-2008, 04:45 PM
CK9T has it right, there's a slot at the bottom of the attachment that you stick the extension into. either way, this could mean more shooters and swordfighting games, and that is completely what I had in mind when they first announced the wii.

eranikusnxt
10-07-2008, 04:23 AM
CK9T has it right, there's a slot at the bottom of the attachment that you stick the extension into. either way, this could mean more shooters and swordfighting games, and that is completely what I had in mind when they first announced the wii.

sweet, bust out my perfect shot wii pistol, shove the wiimote in the top, shove the attatchment on the bottom, put the nunchuck in and watch out everyone who gets in my path!

KittyCat72
10-07-2008, 09:07 AM
Well this is interesting news... I won't be buying one though. Seems a little unnecessary... :/

jakncoke
10-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Well this is interesting news... I won't be buying one though. Seems a little unnecessary... :/

Why would you not want a more accurate Wii Mote?

milkbelly
10-26-2008, 12:58 PM
awesome! I am getting a wii soon. I can't wait!

Danieros
11-21-2008, 11:11 PM
Hopefully this will allow some epic gun simulation and sword simulation, although it seems that it will not be possible to use it along with the Nunchuck.

morten32
04-06-2010, 01:41 PM
me too, these games are the best! (on wii)

besides super mario off course :)