PDA

View Full Version : How did Sony just lose Final Fantasy XIII exclusivity?

Mr Cool
07-14-2008, 09:36 PM
Seriously, how could Sony let that happen?

Trunks
07-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Seriously, how could Sony let that happen?
Why do people keep making threads about this.

It wasn't sony's choice to make it exclusive or not . Sony didn't create the game SE did......

Scott
07-14-2008, 09:40 PM
Not only did Sony get ass f*****. The ass **** got salt rubbed on it by the MS keynote speaker saying that long list of Sony console games making new home on xbox.

jakncoke
07-14-2008, 09:41 PM
Several scenarios.

1) Sony refused to moneyhat..aka front some of the billing for what's has a huge budget
2) Microsoft paid to have it released in EU/NA
3) Square-Enix were just being smart, releasing a game to an estimated 20 million or 48 million...which makes more sense when your going to have to sell a lot of games to just break even? of course 48.

Edit: Also can we please stop making new FF13 thread, it's getting ridiculous now.

Scott
07-14-2008, 09:53 PM
The rest of that conference was complete bleh, the only things of even remote interest to me were Rockband 2 Portal Still alive and FFXIII which I really don't care THAT much about because I own a PS3. Everything else they showed made them look like tools, Mii + New UI and "OMG Picture sharing party" which translates into perverted pedo circle jerks on Xbox Live.

MS E3 2K8 Conference = CRAP.

D-

jakncoke
07-14-2008, 09:56 PM
The rest of that conference was complete bleh, the only things of even remote interest to me were Rockband 2 Portal Still alive and FFXIII which I really don't care THAT much about because I own a PS3. Everything else they showed made them look like tools, Mii + New UI and "OMG Picture sharing party" which translates into perverted pedo circle jerks on Xbox Live.

MS E3 2K8 Conference = CRAP.

D-

Lips look pretty cool, Geometry Wars 2 , Galaga Legions looked cool, South Park will be mine, that movie making game looked cool as well, not to mention vids of Fable 2 , Gears 2 , Fallout 3 , Resident Evil 5 were win... it'd been better to see a recap though instead of watching it through. Wonder what Sony and Ninty have up there sleeves tomorrow.

IceCold
07-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Wow, they still have it in Japan but wow.

(The 360 RPG fanboy contingent are going to be insufferable aren't they?)

Iceskater101
07-16-2008, 07:26 PM
I dont think they should have
why release a game that has had all the other sequels be on the playstations?
I dont plan on getting it unless I play the last final fantasy so I know whats going on

jakncoke
07-16-2008, 07:35 PM
I dont think they should have
why release a game that has had all the other sequels be on the playstations?
I dont plan on getting it unless I play the last final fantasy so I know whats going on

Final Fantasy's were on Nintendo systems before PS systems and also, FF13 is a new story+ FF doesn't really follow a same storyline from game to game(so I've been told)

Shixx
07-17-2008, 03:03 AM
Only Sequel in FF was FFX-2. The Rest were/are totally new stories.
Really I don't think it matters as long as Sony keeps FFXIIIVersus they will get just as many Console buys for that then they would've for both. Obviously Sony didn't think it was worth it to Bribe SE to keep it exclusive.

jakncoke
07-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Only Sequel in FF was FFX-2. The Rest were/are totally new stories.
Really I don't think it matters as long as Sony keeps FFXIIIVersus they will get just as many Console buys for that then they would've for both. Obviously Sony didn't think it was worth it to Bribe SE to keep it exclusive.

boy were they wrong, or at least in my belief they were. Just take the MGS4 moneyhat for example...Japan seen a pretty big up sale in consoles for a little bit anyways, EU..well that info isn't out till the end of the year, and USA info will be out today.