PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know any good...??

LiNuX
08-03-2006, 01:14 PM
Anybody know any good programs to create graphics with? a good program would be photoshop but since it costs money i cant get it, i already downloaded and used up the tutorial a while ago, and i've recently gotten Gimp, i havent tried it out yet, i will later, but i wanted to know if there are other programs out there, need recommendations, google wont do that

Twigz
08-03-2006, 02:40 PM
If you know of Macromedia Flash, Fireworks, or Dreamweaver, they can help you get started, in fact, I used all of the above to develop my old site, I believe you can download it, not sure if it's a free trial or not, but there's no harm in trying anyway...

LiNuX
08-03-2006, 02:53 PM
If you know of Macromedia Flash, Fireworks, or Dreamweaver, they can help you get started, in fact, I used all of the above to develop my old site, I believe you can download it, not sure if it's a free trial or not, but there's no harm in trying anyway...

lol, first, flash is not good for creating graphics, well actually u cant create graphics with it, its mosly for animation, second, fireworks is kind of a photo editor, u cant create graphics with it either, u can edit photos, like make it bigger, cut out some parts of it, third dreamweaver is for site making, it only handles HTML codes, u cant do anything more but create html codes for sites and stuff.

they are all macromedia products and i already have flash and dreamweaver, my site was made by dreamweaver and some flash elements, i dont have fireworks but i might get it later.

and finally, they are not free at all, they cost a lot of money, and i got them already, but thanks for trying to help :) i'll just have to try out gimp later ;)

Twigz
08-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Boy, you sure know how to make a man feel bad... :'(

LiNuX
08-03-2006, 05:53 PM
well, i didnt want to make anyone feel bad, but it was just kind of a tip, its just to tell you that you didnt get it right, u can only learn from ur mistakes, i just pointed them out, sorry if i hurt ur feelings lol, jk, dont worry about it, u know how i am

Twigz
08-04-2006, 11:24 AM
I was joking too, u know how I am with the jokes, once I start I can't stop... ;D

diablo
08-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Gimp is good, if u know how to use it right, it can be better than photoshop itself

TheKing
08-05-2006, 08:56 PM
Actually, I am also curenntly l@@king for a photo editor because my Photoshop just recently expired!!! ?Is gimp really that good?

LiNuX
08-06-2006, 10:16 AM
well i still havent used it yet lol, i'll tell u when i start using it ;D

Thor Erik
09-06-2006, 12:10 AM
@ both of you:
Gimp is free, and provides the nesecary tools to do the main stuff with images (can be hard at first. read a couple of tutors ;))