PDA

View Full Version : Dead Rising being ported to Wii

jakncoke
07-16-2008, 10:45 AM
Seen this on Neogaf in the Famitsu thread..if you don't trust me and can read/have a good online translator go to the site. Personally this sucks badly, it looks like being a 3rd place system owner getting kicked in the mouth by the gaming industry is normal, I was really hoping for a PS3 port. double knifed sword for Capcom..PS3 would be easier to port seeing PS3/360 are basically identical in graphics power...but Wii will probably sell more copies....here's a great plan release it for PS3 as well you SOB's

Scott
07-16-2008, 03:30 PM
It would be cool to beat up zombies with the wii controller. But I doubt it'll be as good as DR on 360.... I'd rather have a DR2 than this.

Mr Cool
07-16-2008, 07:16 PM
Cool I guess but wheres my Dead rising 2 for 360.

Scott
07-16-2008, 07:20 PM
Cool I guess but wheres my Dead rising 2 for 360.

Looks like they have been hard at work making a rubbish Wii edition for more money. Capcom....Capcom you greedy bas*****.

Ghost
07-16-2008, 07:25 PM
Looks like they have been hard at work making a rubbish Wii edition for more money. Capcom....Capcom you greedy bas*****.

If it helps fund a sequel on 360 or PS3 im all for it otherwise :mad1:

jakncoke
07-16-2008, 07:41 PM
If it helps fund a sequel on 360 or PS3 im all for it otherwise :mad1:
Thing is Capcom doesn't need money to fund it, they could at any time seeing there a big devhouse and rich, they are porting the hell out of the Wii...seen a list of ports to the Wii earlier today and it was like 6.

Nerdy Knight
07-17-2008, 02:25 PM
I've played some of the 360 version and loved it, and I can't say that I'm disappointed that they would put it on the Wii, seeing as how I don't own a 360, and will be getting a Wii soon. I do agree that the Wii version will definitely not be as good though, and that Capcom are a bunch of porting whores, but whatevs.

EpsilonX
07-17-2008, 04:39 PM
I played some of the 360 version of the game and thought it was stupid as crap. It's like a survival horror game without the horror.

jakncoke
07-21-2008, 04:28 PM
PR for Dead Rising Chop till you drop

CAPCOM® ANNOUNCES DEAD RISINGTM: CHOP TIL YOU DROP
Wii Gamers Prepare For a Zombie Invasion

SAN MATEO, Calif. — July 21, 2008 — Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced that Dead Rising™: Chop Till You Drop is in development for the Wii™ home video game system. Based on the critically acclaimed Dead Rising™, which has sold in excess of one million units since its release in 2006, Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop is scheduled to hit store shelves this Winter.

Taking advantage of the same proven technology that brought Resident Evil® 4 so successfully to Wii, Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop delivers a more immersive, intuitive and interactive experience as players use the Wii Remote to shoot, slash and bludgeon their way through a zombie infested shopping mall, fighting for survival.

Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop follows the harrowing tale of Frank West, an overly zealous freelance journalist on a hunt for the scoop of a lifetime. In pursuit of a juicy lead, he makes his way to the small suburban town of Willamette only to find that it has become overrun by zombies. Frank escapes to the local shopping mall, thinking it will be a bastion of safety but it turns out to be anything but. It will be a true struggle to survive the endless stream of enemies, but players will have full reign of a realistic shopping centre and its varied stores offering an endless supply of real and makeshift weapons to fight off the flesh-hungry mob. If Frank is running low on health he can pay a visit to one of the many restaurants or cafes for a meal in order to restore his energy and continue the fight.

The game is split into a series of individual cases, all of which Frank must complete in order to gain vital information that will allow him to piece together the truth behind the horrendous epidemic. In addition to the cases, players will be faced with the dilemma of deciding the rescue priority of the residents of Wilamette who also sought sanctuary in the mall. Depending on the player’s skill, some may not be so fortunate as each rescue needs to be undertaken in a set time period, therefore players may need to delay completion of a case in order to save a fellow human.

Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop’s infectious humor delivers some welcome relief from the incessant tide of zombies with players able to dress Frank up in a variety of comedic costumes and take on the undead hordes with a selection of improvised and sometimes highly ineffective weapons such as a toy sword or a football.

Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop includes the following features:
• Utilizes the same engine as Resident Evil 4 Wii edition.
• New level of interaction – aim and fire guns, swing and throw weapons and shake off zombie attacks with added Wii Remote functionality
• Huge environment – expansive indoor and outdoor areas of the mall provide a variety of different locations to explore
• Improved save functionality allows for more seamless gameplay
• Hoards of enemies on screen at once resulting in non-stop, pulse-pounding action
• Anything in the mall is at Frank’s disposal
• Grab environmental objects like umbrellas and benches to use as improvised weapons
• Snatch items from different stores to use as weapons including golf clubs, lawnmowers, frying pans and more
• Consume food and drink to revive health

OldSnakeWontDie
07-21-2008, 05:34 PM
Dead Rising on Wii = worst joke ever. LoL

EpsilonX
07-27-2008, 10:24 PM
PR for Dead Rising Chop till you drop

ch-chop til you drop?

*shakes head*