PDA

View Full Version : M.a.g

Scott
07-16-2008, 08:32 PM
So who here is actually looking forward to M.A.G or Massive Action Game as it is called.

It's being done by Zipper same guys who gave us Socom.

256 player matches, people are split into squads of 8 to make it more focused. Highest ranked player in each squad is assigned squad leader status.

Air and ground battles (at least para drops from what we saw).

Should be fun.

Ghost
07-16-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm not interested.

Scott
07-16-2008, 08:36 PM
So I'm the only one interested? Gonna be hard to fill a 250 player by myself.

Mr Cool
07-16-2008, 08:37 PM
So Im the only one interested? Gonna be hard to fill a 250 player by myself.

Time to buy 255 more PS3s Scott.

No but seriously Im looking forward to it.

Ghost
07-16-2008, 08:40 PM
So I'm the only one interested? Gonna be hard to fill a 250 player by myself.

lol :laugh:

Have fun Scott.

Mr Cool
07-16-2008, 08:43 PM
Im defiantly looking forward to seeing more. Im all up for games on this scale and itll be interesting to see how they manage the action. I wish BF3 was going to support 256 players!

Ghost
07-16-2008, 08:47 PM
It looks great and a great idea. But I want gameplay / more info on how exactly the plan on doing 256 players without lag/major framerate drops.

Mr Cool
07-16-2008, 08:51 PM
It looks great and a great idea. But I want gameplay / more info on how exactly the plan on doing 256 players without lag/major framerate drops.

I expect the visuals to be something similar to Warhawk level.

Then again..... they may have some tricks up their sleeve.

Ghost
07-16-2008, 08:56 PM
I do have to wonder how small 8 man squads will work rather than 2X128 man sides.

Scott
07-16-2008, 08:58 PM
I do have to wonder how small 8 man squads will work rather than 2X128 man sides.

You should play Battlefield 2.

Ghost
07-16-2008, 09:04 PM
I'll decide when I see real ingame footage.

cgi is sooooo 90s.

Scott
07-16-2008, 09:07 PM
I'll decide when I see real ingame footage.

cgi is sooooo 90s.

How is cgi 90's? What did you expect them to show a spreadsheet and then walk off stage?. The game is likely nowhere near completion so they had to show something.

jakncoke
07-16-2008, 09:23 PM
I will decide later on, It's a nice concept but could fall flat on it's face.

Ghost
07-16-2008, 09:23 PM
How is cgi 90's? What did you expect them to show a spreadsheet and then walk off stage?. The game is likely nowhere near completion so they had to show something.

YES

Show us the real deal or leave it be
If you dont have anything to show then dont make some crappy cgi trailer that will never represent the game in any way.
Sony's 1st/3rd party developers have a habit of doing that

How in hell can you be excited in a new game that only shows you a video that looks totally different than the actual game
At least use ingame material like Epic Games does. They use actual Unreal engine 3 models etc and touch it up

Or show a fake cgi trailer and then show gameplay
If Sony showed some real material instead of cgi bullcrap their conference might have been a success

Look at LittleBigPlanet all they show is gameplay and look at how much love it gets.

Scott
07-16-2008, 09:29 PM
YES

Show us the real deal or leave it be
If you dont have anything to show then dont make some crappy cgi trailer that will never represent the game in any way.
Sony's 1st/3rd party developers have a habit of doing that

How in hell can you be excited in a new game that only shows you a video that looks totally different than the actual game
At least use ingame material like Epic Games does. They use actual Unreal engine 3 models etc and touch it up

Or show a fake cgi trailer and then show gameplay
If Sony showed some real material instead of cgi bullcrap their conference might have been a success

Look at LittleBigPlanet all they show is gameplay and look at how much love it gets.
At least they never said the cgi was ingame graphics and nobody thinks it is.
I am not even looking at the trailer as indication of what the game will look like. More than likely the graphics will suck but they just wanted to give people something to look at now, You know.

Mr Cool
07-16-2008, 09:37 PM
ya bc w/out it their e3 would be worse. and i doubt we will see this game by end of 09.
p.s. the game has been in development for 2+ years already. we should have something to look at

jakncoke
07-16-2008, 09:39 PM
ya bc w/out it their e3 would be worse. and i doubt we will see this game by end of 09

Like that matters, E3 is nothing anymore. It would not shock me if it some small several hr conference or just cancelled in 4-5 yrs.

Scott
07-16-2008, 09:41 PM
ya bc w/out it their e3 would be worse. and i doubt we will see this game by end of 09.
p.s. the game has been in development for 2+ years already. we should have something to look at

How do you know how long it has been in development?

jakncoke
07-16-2008, 09:42 PM
How do you know how long it has been in development?

That too, no one knows. But ya I can't see it coming in 2008 though.

King Of Custard
07-17-2008, 06:05 AM
This sounds pretty good. As always I'll have to wait till I actually get to play it before I make up my mind......