gSYawSLHH-M

Better Song-
B0iwgJbhjW4

Newer Trailer-
K4mUUADHJ6A

Final Fantasy XIII Trailer-There's a Newer Trailer-July 14 2008
yvyHcBzetrk

Screens-

Lightning (http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/2552/ffxiii19nb4.jpg)(Not her Real name.)

Lightning's Sword (http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/2599/finalfantasyxiii03ao8.jpg)

SHIVAAA! (http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/8996/finalfantasyxiii2007092zz3.jpg)

Battle Engine (http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3742/battlesystemcopydv7fw3.jpg)

More Pics here (http://www.gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?t=7546&page=5)

Rumors/Theory's[/b]-

Battle Engine:
Detailed Screen (http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/6272/92879020060926screen001hx6.jpg)
Based on this image, I think I've figured out how the battles in FFXIII will work. In the far left corner you see a menu. This obviously will allow the player to choose from different combat actions. Off to the right of that and slightly above, we see five slots which seem to be a "queue" for the player to list actions in, which would then be executed from left to right. Each attack costs a number of "ATB points", (listed to the right of the action's name in the command menu. At the bottom of the screen we see the amount of ATB points that can be in the queue at once. In the top-right corner is an "adrenaline meter" type thing which when full will allow you to enter a "bullet-time" type phase. Any thoughts on this idea?

Well I have done some Research into it. They have said they are trying to make it more like what we saw in FF7AC all the jump around block and so forth and from the trailer it looks like you can freeze time then Combo up attacks. She stabs an enemy knocks him up into the air then throws a fireball and a group and it shows what looks like a Combo gauge though how it all will work I don't know yet. Also FFXIII is done by the KH team, FFXIII is done by Motomu Toriyama who made FFX and X-2 , I thought it was Turn based..but I dunno now.

Battle Engine may be different on FFXIII and Versus.

Story: these games have alot in common with 7 and 8.... the mobile game resembles the path where Aeris died. really dark green has some resemblance of jenova(some)... the Seifer Guy/Mr. 33cm/Blond guy (http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/1805/mr33cmcopyon6ik4.jpg)... then watching the trailer the guy with black hair has the same concept as cloud with his swords. Relation maybe?

This should tell you everything you need to know.. if you take the time to read it.

Final Fantasy XIII-PS3/360

Overview
The game features a futuristic, high-tech world. Only three characters have been revealed thus far: a woman, with the code name Lightning, who wields a weapon which functions as a sword and a firearm; an unnamed man who is her ally; and a second female, carrying a bow.

Final Fantasy X-2 director Motomu Toriyama returns as the director of the game. According to Square Enix President Yōichi Wada, the storyline will focus on "those who resist the world". Final Fantasy XIII and the other games of the Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII collection take place in the same universe, but are not directly related to each other.

Battle system

The concept for Final Fantasy XIII's battle system is to maintain the strategic side of 'command input' battles while also including the excitement found in 'fast-paced' battles. Like recent entries in the franchise, the battles will be in real time, without any random battles. It has been confirmed that Final Fantasy XIII will have parties.

As seen in the E3 2006 trailer, battles are menu driven. Commands are selected from a reel on the bottom left side of the screen. Each command has an ATB Cost, which reduces the ATB bar. It is believed that the bar fills up over time, like the traditional ATB system, but in Final Fantasy XIII you can input commands while it is still filling.

Selected commands are placed on a row of upcoming moves (above the ATB bar). As Lightning fights, she will use each command in turn, with the current command in use turning yellow. Commands can be chained together for certain effects. The environment also plays a role in battle, as seen in the E3 2006 trailer when Lightning sends a soldier into a light, electrocuting him and multiplying the damage.

A map is seen in the upper left hand corner of the battle screen, though in the only footage we have, the dots aren't moving. This is likely to change as Final Fantasy XIII goes further into development. Presumably, blue dots are allies and red dots are enemies. The dots emitting circles are the characters currently affected by the fighting.

The upper right-han

jakncoke
07-17-2008, 03:57 PM
good an official thread, now if the mods/Linux they'll close all thread made after this one. Seriously FF13 is starting to p1ss me off with how many threads are being made on it

Iceskater101
07-17-2008, 03:58 PM
good an official thread, now if the mods/Linux they'll close all thread made after this one. Seriously FF13 is starting to p1ss me off with how many threads are being made on it

yeah isnt this like the 3rd or the 5th thread made already?

jakncoke
07-17-2008, 04:00 PM
My theory on VS. is it'll be announced for 360 after FF13 comes out.

EpsilonX
07-17-2008, 04:19 PM
My theory on VS. is it'll be announced for 360 after FF13 comes out.

Ehh..I think that one's staying PS3. It's not as big of a game as regular FF13, and i'm sure square enix isn't completely heartless

anyways...final fantasy XII is already out.

jakncoke
07-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Ehh..I think that one's staying PS3. It's not as big of a game as regular FF13, and i'm sure square enix isn't completely heartless

anyways...final fantasy XII is already out.

Then that's even more reason to put it on 2 platforms, easier recoup dev costs.

EpsilonX
07-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Then that's even more reason to put it on 2 platforms, easier recoup dev costs.

well i mean i think they only put 13 on the 360 to make more money off the game. They're having star ocean 360 exclusive...most everywhere i've read most rpg fans that wanted to go next gen bought a ps3, and aren't too happy about all the rpg's being 360-only. so if they wanted to make more money off star ocean, they'd put it on ps3. But they're not. so it looks like they just want it to be 360 only...i'm thinking (and hoping) that versus 13 is on the same boat. They put regular 13 on the 360 and ps3 to make the most money off of it, since it's a really big game...but will want versus 13 to stay ps3-only like originally intended.

jakncoke
07-17-2008, 04:33 PM
I bet Star Ocean 4 still makes it way to the PS3, exclusives are pretty much a thing of the past.

EpsilonX
07-17-2008, 04:37 PM
I bet Star Ocean 4 still makes it way to the PS3, exclusives are pretty much a thing of the past.

well...we'll all hope and pray that star ocean 4 comes to ps3 and that versus 13 stays on ps3.

square owes us ps3 owners. (and people that spent $500 on a ps3 already just to play FF13...(i mean i could have waited, but i wanted a 60GB))

Shixx
07-17-2008, 05:12 PM
Personally I'm looking forward to Versus more then I am XIII.
I love the attitude of the main guy.

Trunks
07-17-2008, 05:38 PM
well...we'll all hope and pray that star ocean 4 comes to ps3 and that versus 13 stays on ps3.

square owes us ps3 owners. (and people that spent $500 on a ps3 already just to play FF13...(i mean i could have waited, but i wanted a 60GB))

SE doesn't owe ps3 players anything. You chose to be a PS3 fan boy. Not SE they are simply doing what will make them more cash. I say SE should drop sony completely. :wub:

But seriously does it even matter if its on the xbox? Does that make the game worse now than it did before? You could of waited when it was ps3 exclusive. It's still not out yet, you should of waited till you heard more about the game before you bought it.

jakncoke
07-17-2008, 05:42 PM
SE doesn't owe ps3 players anything. You chose to be a PS3 fan boy. Not SE they are simply doing what will make them more cash. I say SE should drop sony completely. :wub:

Indeed.

2nd bold: That would not be a smart business decision

Shixx
07-17-2008, 07:48 PM
SE wont drop Sony because the PS3 is capable of doing so much more then the 360.
and SE likes their eye Candy. The only reason Se has any game on the 360 is because more people own them. there will be tons more Games like MGS4, Resistance 2 and MAG that can only be on the PS3.

jakncoke
07-17-2008, 09:56 PM
SE wont drop Sony because the PS3 is capable of doing so much more then the 360.
and SE likes their eye Candy. The only reason Se has any game on the 360 is because more people own them. there will be tons more Games like MGS4, Resistance 2 and MAG that can only be on the PS3.

I disagree. 360/PS3 are basically identical and will be. Any ways here's 1up interview...I threw FF7 remake questions as well seeing this thread got derailed bit already and well at least it's FF info.

1UP: In terms of lessening the gap between the Eastern and Western releases, does it help that the game's been in development for such a long time? The story should be nearly complete by now, right?

Yoshinori Kitase: As you mentioned, it definitely helps the localization when you've got a finalized story. Our story is now complete, and we're just about to start the voice casting and recording. Once that's complete, we can really get into the localization process.

1UP: Can you discuss the process of developing the game's engine -- as it evolved from the White Engine into Crystal Tools, did everything go as planned, or were there some bumps along the way?

YK: I'd say that it's on schedule as we'd originally planned, but it certainly hasn't been easy, and it's been quite a time-consuming process. FFXIII currently functions in all the basic ways, but we're still working to polish the engine. People may be under the impression that it's a total package that only needs to be tweaked a little bit in order to port the game to 360, but that's not the case -- we still have to fix it to make it more platform-specific.

FF7 remake question

1UP: FFVII's characters are so beloved that they'll probably never go away, right? Just like Mickey Mouse....

SH: [Laughs] That's true, because today's 15-year-old kids were only 5 when the game released. Even though they weren't interested in it then, now they're getting into it. We're seeing a new cycle of fans emerging....

We're still trying to puzzle out what the "shocking" announcement regarding Advent Children Complete could possibly be. We got the distinct impression that it was something far more monumental than just another means of delivery (DVD? Digital distribution via Xbox Live Video Marketplace?) or the addition of new scenes. Perhaps it could be the revelation of another FFVII CG film? Or dare we dream of a game based on Advent Children? Or even the possibility of the long-rumored FFVII remake?

Dunno sounds like they are really considering it, perhaps Sony switched moneyhats from FF13 to FF7. FF7 did sell nearly 10 million.

Shixx
07-17-2008, 10:10 PM
I disagree. 360/PS3 are basically identical and will be. There's two major Differences PS3's Processor is strong enough to support a Super computer and Blu ray disks can hold 50gb.

As for FF7 they might doubt it but they will do it. once 13 is done.

jakncoke
07-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Your getting too deep into PR fluff, dvd may be a limitation but they always can go multi-disc.

Shixx
07-18-2008, 12:03 AM
Hmm, that PR fluff means alot. It means 100's of more enemies on screen at once 100's of players on same screen at once. Just more of everything. MGS only used 30% of the PS3's Core System.

Trunks
07-18-2008, 12:05 AM
Hmm, that PR fluff means alot. It means 100's of more enemies on screen at once 100's of players on same screen at once. Just more of everything. MGS only used 30% of the PS3's Core System.

I haven't seen a game yet that the xbox 360 can't handle. If they have so much of this extra PR, then how come they are not using it.

jakncoke
07-18-2008, 12:37 AM

why would public relations for a company matter, of course there going to tout the PS3 over the 360 and of course there going to saying only possible on PS3 because Blu-Ray..they do have billions at stake with Blu-Ray...if Blu-Ray succeeds like DVD...the 3 billion lost by PS3 will look like spare change at the end of the day. as for public relations..it's not like there going to come out and say 360 is identical and X game is possible on it...there in business after all where stretch truths, spin and outright lies are how the game is played

Shixx
07-19-2008, 05:43 PM
I haven't seen a game yet that the xbox 360 can't handle. If they have so much of this extra PR, then how come they are not using it.

They are working on a few games atm, Socom, Resistance 2, Mag(where 256 people fight in an all out war) and the Agency.

Anyway back to FF13 check the first post.

jakncoke
07-19-2008, 05:52 PM
There's suppose to be a big announcement on August 2nd or 3rd from SE , wonder what it'll be...FF13/VS...7 related?

EpsilonX
07-23-2008, 11:18 AM
There's suppose to be a big announcement on August 2nd or 3rd from SE , wonder what it'll be...FF13/VS...7 related?

i swear to god if they announce FF7 for the PS3 and 360 i will never buy a square enix product again.

Trunks
07-23-2008, 11:34 AM
i swear to god if they announce FF7 for the PS3 and 360 i will never buy a square enix product again.

I swear if you don't stop being a fan boy........

EpsilonX
07-23-2008, 12:24 PM
I swear if you don't stop being a fan boy........

I swear if you don't stop being a dickwad. Square already betrayed PS3 owners by making 13 multiplatform even though for the past 2 years before that they kept saying it was ps3 only. And now if they do make a FF7 remake for the 360 and PS3, many people would hate Square Enix, including myself. I paid $500 dollars for my freaking PS3 because I wanted to play RPG's on it, and at the time it seemed like all the RPG's were gonna go to the PS3. But not anymore. I think that myself and all other people that did the same thing I did deserve some PS3 exclusive RPG's to justify the purchase. So just shut the hell up.

jakncoke
07-23-2008, 12:29 PM
wat r u crying about? you said you paid 500 for RPG, just because FF13 is multi it doesn't count anymore, and if ff7r came multi it wouldn't count anymore, the fanboy meltdown you give are hilarious, come over so I can taste the tears.

Trunks
07-23-2008, 12:31 PM
I swear if you don't stop being a dickwad. Square already betrayed PS3 owners by making 13 multiplatform even though for the past 2 years before that they kept saying it was ps3 only. And now if they do make a FF7 remake for the 360 and PS3, many people would hate Square Enix, including myself. I paid $500 dollars for my freaking PS3 because I wanted to play RPG's on it, and at the time it seemed like all the RPG's were gonna go to the PS3. But not anymore. I think that myself and all other people that did the same thing I did deserve some PS3 exclusive RPG's to justify the purchase. So just shut the hell up.

So since it is going to the xbox 360, you can't play FF 13 anymore? Just because it's not exclusive doesn't mean it will be less fun to play. Also if you knew anything about other consoles, then you would know that the first FF game was not for a sony product. SE doesn't owe anyone anything. They never signed a contract saying that it was ps3 exclusive. If you think companies should stay with the original producers than FF shouldn't be on the PS3 either. So quit crying about how its not exclusive get over it. It won't make the game less fun.

EpsilonX
07-23-2008, 12:33 PM
wat r u crying about? you said you paid 500 for RPG, just because FF13 is multi it doesn't count anymore, and if ff7r came multi it wouldn't count anymore, the fanboy meltdown you give are hilarious, come over so I can taste the tears.

it doesn't count because its on the 360 crap. If i wanted to play RPG's that were on both platforms, I would have boughten myself a 360. When I bought ps3 it seemed like all the rpg's would be on PS3, and not so much on 360. That's why I bought PS3. Plus, I wasn't gonna wait cuz the 60GB was being discontinued.

Trunks
07-23-2008, 12:37 PM
it doesn't count because its on the 360 crap. If i wanted to play RPG's that were on both platforms, I would have boughten myself a 360. When I bought ps3 it seemed like all the rpg's would be on PS3, and not so much on 360. That's why I bought PS3. Plus, I wasn't gonna wait cuz the 60GB was being discontinued.

Lol, who cares if it's on the 360. The game will still be fun to play.

Then it's your fault. Your the one that thought there was going to be RPG's on it. You bought a ps3, before FF 13 was announced, so don't blame them on your fanboish ways. Also I don't think you bought a ps3 just because you thought it would have good RPG's. You bought one because your a fanboy.

EpsilonX
07-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Lol, who cares if it's on the 360. The game will still be fun to play.

Then it's your fault. Your the one that thought there was going to be RPG's on it. You bought a ps3, before FF 13 was announced, so don't blame them on your fanboish ways. Also I don't think you bought a ps3 just because you thought it would have good RPG's. You bought one because your a fanboy.

I bought a PS3 because I had a ps2 and i was looking and i'm like wow theres a lot of good rpgs on it and survival horror games and just everything on it seemed good. I saw the trailer for FF13 and the fact that it was ps3 exclusive i was like man I really need that game. So when I got some money I bought a ps3. And then I got a bit into the gaming world and I found ******s like you in it that were supporting microsoft and constantly bashing the PS3. I never understood why because the 360 had mostly shooters which are some of the stupidest games i've ever played. plus, the controller is a piece of garbage. The d-pad is harder to use, and the left side of the controller is arranged horribly. Plus the R/L2 buttons are too skinny.

Final Fantasy 13 was well underway when I bought my PS3, so you can't say that I bought it when it wasn't announced

jakncoke
07-23-2008, 12:57 PM
getting emotionally attached to a brandname or console is dumbsauce

Trunks
07-23-2008, 02:17 PM
I bought a PS3 because I had a ps2 and i was looking and i'm like wow theres a lot of good rpgs on it and survival horror games and just everything on it seemed good. I saw the trailer for FF13 and the fact that it was ps3 exclusive i was like man I really need that game. So when I got some money I bought a ps3. And then I got a bit into the gaming world and I found ******s like you in it that were supporting microsoft and constantly bashing the PS3. I never understood why because the 360 had mostly shooters which are some of the stupidest games i've ever played. plus, the controller is a piece of garbage. The d-pad is harder to use, and the left side of the controller is arranged horribly. Plus the R/L2 buttons are too skinny.

Final Fantasy 13 was well underway when I bought my PS3, so you can't say that I bought it when it wasn't announced

lol I'm not a fanboy? I am going to buy a ps3, I never said I didn't like it. You on the other hand are the one always "bashing" Microsoft. You still didn't answer why the game will be less fun because it's not exclusive. The game should be just as fun it would of been before. If it's not then, you are the worst fanboy, I have ever seen.

jakncoke
07-23-2008, 02:20 PM
good that Trunks posted, now I can use a new post

FF13 VS vid in Italian

Link (http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r277/ryaris/?action=view&current=FFXIIIVs2.flv)

btw the words are

The Guardians, The Fugitives, A Kingdom in Ruin, The Summoner, The New World

EpsilonX
07-26-2008, 01:01 PM
lol I'm not a fanboy? I am going to buy a ps3, I never said I didn't like it. You on the other hand are the one always "bashing" Microsoft. You still didn't answer why the game will be less fun because it's not exclusive. The game should be just as fun it would of been before. If it's not then, you are the worst fanboy, I have ever seen.

You are the biggest idiot i've ever seen. When you read a post, it doesn't say what it actually says. it says what you WANT it to say. In the topic of the consoles from the start, I was trying to come to an agreement at least acknowledging the start of the consoles with pong and the odyssey but that it didn't take off until the 2600 and you kept saying no they're stupid they don't count they take batteries. And now here. I never said they would be less fun on the 360. I'm saying that I paid all that money to get a 60 GB PS3 before they sold out, only to find that the vast majority of the games in the genre i like were either multiplatform or 360 exclusive. I felt BETRAYED because square enix had been planning PS3 exclusives but not anymore it seems. I don't know where you got the idea that they're less fun.

And the only reason I bash Microsoft is because they deserve it. I bought a PS3 before much of this fanboy debate bullcrap started (or at least, before i saw any of it) and wasn't expecting it to lose all sorts of exclusives to Microsoft. Microsoft makes a cheap console that fails all the time, has crappy controllers, and the selling point is games that take almost no thinking to get through it, only mindless action. They overcharge for services that come cheaply or even free with the playstation 3. I've known people that have gone through 4 Xbox 360's, and i've only ever heard 1 story about a PS3 breaking. And then you got 360 fanboys that are always like "yo u r so gay if u don like dis game it iz da **** an ps3 gay" it gives a bad name to the console and frankly pisses me off. I've seen so many people talking like that when defending the xbox 360 it's not even funny. Guess how many people i've seen defending the PS3 using language like that? 1, perhaps 2. And guess what I did? I yelled at them for being idiots.

So lets see. Mindless action games + uneducated fans + multitudes of failures + crappy controller + overcharging for everything = STILL ahead? Hmm.

And then you have the high selling games. Gears of War has one of the worst control and camera set-ups of any game i have ever played. But it sold a lot of copies, so now other developers are trying to emulate the game. And one way to emulate the game is to have the same camera angle and a similar control. Maybe it's just because Playstation 3 games haven't sold as many copies as 360 games, but I haven't seen any PS3 games being emulated, only the 360 games that require little thought like I said earlier. Every game is trying to be like the games that sell high, which means theres hardly any games that are unique anymore. And guess what? I find hardly any enjoyment in the VAST majority of these games that are coming out nowadays. I only have 3 PS3 games and I hardly play any of them.

It's not fanboyism. I just hate what Microsoft and their gaming is doing to the company. I hate most shooters, I hate online play, i hate the color green, and I hate feeling betrayed.

Next generation guess which console i'm buying?

Nintendo's. They still manage to release unique and more importantly FUN games that sell lots of copies.

So i'd very much appreciate it if both you and jakncoke would shut up and leave me alone. Maybe it's because I post in a cryptic manner but don't realise it, and you don't know the message i'm really trying to convey, but i'm sick of trying to explain the same stupid thing over and over again.

Trunks
07-26-2008, 04:23 PM
ugh fanboys....... They don't even know. Go look in the Console thread, I said like 5 times that I know the first console wasn't atari.

You still didn't answer why the game will be less fun because it's not exclusive.

What I meant when I said that was, it shouldn't matter if it's on the xbox360 or not. It doesn't really effect you, because you said you don't like the 360 anyway. So don't act like if you knew that FF 13 was going to be on the 360 you would of bought it. You just need to get over the fact that it's not exclusive.

Oh and you are still the worst fanboy I have ever seen.

EpsilonX
07-26-2008, 08:02 PM
ugh fanboys....... They don't even know. Go look in the Console thread, I said like 5 times that I know the first console wasn't atari.

What I meant when I said that was, it shouldn't matter if it's on the xbox360 or not. It doesn't really effect you, because you said you don't like the 360 anyway. So don't act like if you knew that FF 13 was going to be on the 360 you would of bought it. You just need to get over the fact that it's not exclusive.

Oh and you are still the worst fanboy I have ever seen.

I said I hate 360 now. But I didn't hate it back when I first got the PS3. If i knew ff13 was going to 360, I might have gotten that instead, and things would have turned out a whole lot differently. People aren't just born with a hatred of something, that hatred develops.

and in the consoles from the start topic, my post was trying to say "lets leave it at this. Video gaming started with the odyssey and pong, but didn't kick off until the 2600" and you kept going on your ignorant rant and had your topic closed. I was finished anyways.

And call me fanboy all you want, I'm going to call you the biggest idiot on the site as long as you do so.

now lets just DROP IT.

No matter what you say after this, either of you, I WILL NOT respond to it. So don't waste your time.

Trunks
07-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Well I told you if you wanted to write a review you could of. That was my review, I wrote it, I'm not taking advice from fanboys. A review is all about opinions, you fail to under stand that.

Well you said that you hate the 360's best games. Halo 3 and Gears of War, so how would it turn out differently? Would you then be whining because you couldn't play MGS4? Your right people are not born with hatred. But, people do become fanboys and cry about everything bad that happens to the ps3.

Shixx
08-03-2008, 11:53 PM
..Gawd.. Anyway Square announced a blu-ray FF:advent children with a FF13 playable demo on it to come out later this year.

jakncoke
08-04-2008, 12:31 AM
..Gawd.. Anyway Square announced a blu-ray FF:advent children with a FF13 playable demo on it to come out later this year.

there also will be a ps3 bundle with FF Advent Children.

EpsilonX
08-04-2008, 11:41 AM
man and i just got my advent children dvd like 2 months ago, i haven't watched it yet either. I want it on blu so bad though.

Anyways, Square Enix hasn't even started development on the 360 version of FF13 yet. They're gonna finish it on PS3, then port it over to 360. Man...now it's gonna take even LONGER to come out. Look what you did microsoft! Making me wait longer for FF13

jakncoke
08-16-2008, 12:14 PM
new details from the latest Famitsu

The FFXIII demo disc included with FFVIIACC will be a PS3 disc, it's not on a standard blu-ray movie disc. This is good news for people with Euro PS3s, since it'll probably mean the demo will work even if the movie is region locked.

The FFXIII demo will be from the opening part of the game, and will be longer than FFVIIAC

that's a long demo.

he world in Versus XIII worships a Shinigami and the Shinigami is designed by Amano

The cars and clothing seen in the trailers so far will probably change in design for the final game

FFXIII will definitely have a party battle system, where you control each character as they switch turns, like in a normal FF. It will not be like FFXII.

FFXIII's story is being written such that every single of the main characters will feel like protagonists, instead of just supporting characters.

At the top of the building where the prince and the heroine of Versus meet, there is a painting. That painting is the Shinigami that is worshipped in the world, and the painting of it in the game itself, is drawn by Amano.

The name of the prince and the heroine in Versus will be revealed at TGS.

Other News

AGITO XIII has been moved to moved it to the PSP because they couldn't wait for cellphones to get more advanced

The battle will be heavy on action but still sort of turn based. It will use an advanced version of Crisis Core's high speed ATB system.

- Crisis Core was 1 player, but this time there will be multiple characters in the party.

- Right now it supports Infrastructure multiplayer for up to 3 players.

- Summons are part of the character growth system, and can also be controlled by players after summoning.

- The game will support both Ad-hoc and Infrastructure.

jakncoke
08-26-2008, 09:45 PM
FF 13 vs.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/903/903020/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-20080826034415700.jpg
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/903/903020/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-20080826034420418.jpg
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/903/903020/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-20080826034423278.jpg

FF13

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/903/903022/final-fantasy-xiii-20080826034718288.jpg
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/903/903022/final-fantasy-xiii-20080826034721850.jpg
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/903/903022/final-fantasy-xiii-20080826034729053.jpg
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/903/903022/final-fantasy-xiii-20080826034702444.jpg
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/903/903022/final-fantasy-xiii-20080826034732584.jpg
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/903/903022/final-fantasy-xiii-20080826034708350.jpg
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/903/903022/final-fantasy-xiii-20080826034725928.jpg

Here's a bunch of Pics

Shixx
08-26-2008, 10:04 PM
Nice, I will add a link to this page or something.

Is it just me or is the First post cut off.
Seems like half the post is not appearing anymore.

jakncoke
08-26-2008, 10:36 PM
everything looks normal to me.

Trunks
08-27-2008, 06:42 PM
sigh, they need to me the release date to 08..... I'm tired of seeing new screen shots.

jakncoke
08-27-2008, 11:04 PM
If your tired of pics you always can look forward to the FF13 demo in March 09' to tide you over till the game comes out, although you'll have to buy a BR version of a movie that I heard sucks.

Shixx
08-28-2008, 12:55 AM
The movie that you were falsely informed sucks, is awesome. of course it probably helps to be a fan of FF7.
Also your best bet is to forget about ff13 all together because it wont be out for awhile the earliest I see it coming is Winter of 09.

jakncoke
08-28-2008, 12:58 AM
perhaps your a hardcore FF fan? either way it doesn't look good to me so I'll stick with what I've heard

Shixx
08-28-2008, 01:01 AM
It atleast deserves a try. Hardcore fan or not.

VenomGundam
08-28-2008, 06:22 PM
it deserves to take its time because i 'd rather have a finished game with no bugs than a game that's unfinished and short

Veriaset
08-28-2008, 08:40 PM
WOW I didn't know FF13 was new gen I never really looked at any others other tahn like the first 5 wich where all like the tiny guys and click to turn based.

EpsilonX
09-02-2008, 10:15 AM
*sigh* the game would be so much cooler PS3 only. At least I'll get to play it still lol.
That screenshot with the crystals and that big sword like thing looks badass.

and also, versus 13 is starting to look sweet. Hot chick + hardcore hair on main character = word.

Btw jak, Advent Children is a little lacking on plot but it makes up for it in terms of pure awesomeness

mattay87
09-11-2008, 10:32 AM
Anyone know when is FF13 being released in UK ????

jakncoke
09-11-2008, 10:39 AM
Anyone know when is FF13 being released in UK ????

I just read in the new EGM that they are shooting for late 2009 for Japan, so that means sometime in 2010 as of now

mattay87
09-11-2008, 11:11 AM
:( AH man thats way too long to wait. Has anyone played FFX2 i played it for around an hour and got bored did anyone like it? is it worth playing ??

EpsilonX
09-19-2008, 07:46 AM
:( AH man thats way too long to wait. Has anyone played FFX2 i played it for around an hour and got bored did anyone like it? is it worth playing ??

that has nothing to do with final fantasy 12 *lolz*

I've heard that it's pretty much final fantasy's version of a chick flick, and it has mixed reviews. Read amazon.com buyer reviews if you want to learn more. But seriously, that really has nothing to do with the topic.

Trunks
05-01-2009, 03:50 PM
IGN Video: Final Fantasy XIII PlayStation 3 Gameplay - That's a Mean Lance (PS3) (http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/826843/final-fantasy-xiii/videos/ff13_gmp_042109_thats_a_mean_lance.html)

Lovely
I can't wait.

jakncoke
05-01-2009, 04:25 PM
the demo bundle caused PS3 to spike to #1 overall in Japan with 62.5 k PS3's sold last week, to put that in perspective

11-11-2006= 81.6k(launch)
12-11-2006= 70.9 (christmas shopping)
12-18-2006= 76.8 (christmas shopping)
12-25-2006= 71.7 (christmas shopping)
1-1-2007= 69.9(japanese tradition)
12-10-2007=63.7( gt5 prologue+christmas)
12-31-2007= 64.1(christmas)
6-09-2008= 75.3 (mgs4)

I can't find the sales atm but IIRC the dvd+dvd demo bundle sold 274k at like 4900 yen

Shixx
05-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Ahh, this thread pains me.
The battle system is looking awesome.
Also am I the only one that is surprised to see a not over the top black guy in an RPG.
From what I've seen of him so far he seems "normal", watch the English version, they'll screw his character up some how.

Exodyus
05-03-2009, 09:11 AM
*sigh* the game would be so much cooler PS3 only. At least I'll get to play it still lol.
That screenshot with the crystals and that big sword like thing looks badass.

and also, versus 13 is starting to look sweet. Hot chick + hardcore hair on main character = word.

Btw jak, Advent Children is a little lacking on plot but it makes up for it in terms of pure awesomeness

Because Sony bottomed out like morons and didn't put faith in their gaming companies, they lost the respect of the community of developers - regardless of if the system is WAY more powerful than the 360.

It's obvious proof that people don't care about power, as much as they care about who is carrying THEIR line of games. I'll end up owning a 360 before PS3 and I was AVIDLY against XBox for a Long time. So much so, that I've NEVER played the first one. Ever. Not even for ten minutes.

But because my Enix games are moving on - they're getting smarter. Go where the money and the fans are. Sony isn't providing, so the marriage is finally over.
You wasted your money on your own accord. Don't harass the choices made by others because yours failed.

No, it's not worth playing. Sorry you blew your money for nothing.

that has nothing to do with final fantasy 12 *lolz*

I've heard that it's pretty much final fantasy's version of a chick flick, and it has mixed reviews. Read amazon.com buyer reviews if you want to learn more. But seriously, that really has nothing to do with the topic.

He never said anything about it being like FF XII? Not that I saw, anyways.

--
They wont release an FF7 remake.
Teasers on the PS3 power, yes.

But they wont, you know why?

New systems are coming out.
FF7 is an Ace-In-The-Hat...

Maybe eventually it will be remade, but they're waiting for the perfect thing to do it.

PS4 + FF7 = Omega; the Win of all Wins.

Shixx
05-04-2009, 12:04 AM
YouTube - Final Fantasy XIII Full Trial Demo Gameplay (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ0lBabXoTk)

A Final fantasy 13 Demo Gameplay video on Youtube, at the beginning (15-30seconds in) it looks like it's on the PC anyone have any idea how you could do that?

Exodyus
05-04-2009, 09:35 AM
YouTube - Final Fantasy XIII Full Trial Demo Gameplay (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ0lBabXoTk)

A Final fantasy 13 Demo Gameplay video on Youtube, at the beginning (15-30seconds in) it looks like it's on the PC anyone have any idea how you could do that?

S Video, for one. Most people who are taking videos either to or from a Television to a PC have one. Movie watching just isn't so anymore. They also have TV Tuner cards that fit into PCI-e slots, which will eventually render the TV useless... I give it another 5 years or so.

Most editing of videos are saved and loaded into a program online, so they're probably hooked up and recording, from a TV to the PC in order to bring you this "footage".

Shixx
05-04-2009, 12:49 PM
I see, that would make sense.