PDA

View Full Version : Uncharted getting trophies next month

jakncoke
07-17-2008, 03:59 PM
Developer Naughty Dog has revealed that a patch to will bring PlayStation Trophy support to Uncharted: Drake's Fortune will be available by mid-August. It may hit sooner though as it has already been submitted for quality assurance.

quote:

As with other PS3 titles getting retroactive Trophy support, Uncharted will require those who've already completed the game to play through again in order to unlock Trophies, even if they had previously earned every Medal. Wells says this is primarily to prevent people from simply using someone else's save data to artificially bolster their Trophy collection.

I can't wait, I should really try to get the trophies for Super Stardust HD though.

Iceskater101
07-17-2008, 04:00 PM
trophies? let me get this straight.. is it like xbox's achievements for the playstation 3 then?

jakncoke
07-17-2008, 04:01 PM
trophies? let me get this straight.. is it like xbox's achievements for the playstation 3 then?

Indeed.

waits for certain members to say this pisses me off I hate Sony..they suck..all they do is copy

Scott
07-18-2008, 08:40 PM
So, you have to have the game to get them?.... you can't have completed it and got rid of it a while ago?

jakncoke
07-18-2008, 08:48 PM
So, you have to have the game to get them?.... you can't have completed it and got rid of it a while ago?

Ya you'll have to do everything again. so ya buy the game again.

Shixx
07-19-2008, 04:10 AM
Some games or most games will make it so you dont have to do it again.
Naughty Dog is just being different, Hopefully other Developers dont follow their foot steps.

jakncoke
07-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Some games or most games will make it so you dont have to do it again.
Naughty Dog is just being different, Hopefully other Developers dont follow their foot steps.

where's the source to this claim?

Trunks
07-19-2008, 11:44 AM
this pisses me off I hate Sony..they suck..all they do is copy

I'm glad they did, now when I get my ps3 it will seem like a xbox 360.

jakncoke
07-19-2008, 11:50 AM
this pisses me off I hate Sony..they suck..all they do is copy

I'm glad they did, now when I get my ps3 it will seem like a xbox 360.

they really didn't copy like you claim and guess what this happens in every industry , are you mad that Microsoft blatantly copied Singstar with Lips? or the countless other copies in the game industry and any other ? now back to why this isn't copying..

1) 360 doesn't have a 3d model system that will be show your trophies in your Home(when that releases in the next century..slow bastards) and 360 is just a list

2) 360 games give tons of different pt values, PSN has 4, bronze level trophy, silver level trophy, gold level trophy...then when you get them all for a game you get a platinum trophy

So if your expecting it to be similar to gamerscore your really going to be different because although it's the same in ways it's different in many others.

Trunks
07-19-2008, 11:53 AM
they really didn't copy like you claim and guess what this happens in every industry , are you mad that Microsoft blatantly copied Singstar with Lips? or the countless other clones? now back to why this isn't copying..

1) 360 doesn't have a 3d model system that will be shown in your Home(when that releases in the next century..slow bastards) and is just a list

2) 360 games give tons of different pt values, PSN has 4, bronze level trophy, silver level trophy, gold level trophy...then when you get them all for a game you get a platinum trophy

So if your expecting it to be similar to gamerscore your really going to be different because although it's the same in ways it's different in many others.

First of all lol, I copied exactly what you said, I guess you didn't catch on to it. It was a joke calm down.

I was expecting it to be the same as achievements not gamer score. My guess is it will be like the trophies in GT games. Faster times, then they could do something with kills, I don't know it's not my by job to come up with the idea. Seriously though how did you not noticed that I copied exactly what you typed?

jakncoke
07-19-2008, 11:59 AM
First of all lol, I copied exactly what you said, I guess you didn't catch on to it. It was a joke calm down.

I was expecting it to be the same as achievements not gamer score. My guess is it will be like the trophies in GT games. Faster times, then they could do something with kills, I don't know it's not my by job to come up with the idea. Seriously though how did you not noticed that I copied exactly what you typed?

you copied me? wat? anyways the reason I am posting like I am angry is because I have heard this for months from dumb ppl thinking Nintendo invented everything(they've copied tons of stuff as well), Microsoft invented tons and all Sony does is copy. It's like the PS3 has no games statement....just subtle statements made by ppl that have no clue getting under my skill, it shouldn't but it does...I need some Prozac..too bad it's like 300 a month for a prescription

Trunks
07-19-2008, 12:02 PM
Indeed.

waits for certain members to say this pisses me off I hate Sony..they suck..all they do is copy

I copied "this pisses me off I hate Sony..they suck.. all they do is copy"
I could care less if Nintendo took gamer scores also. I'm not really a fanboy for any console. I think it would be better if all consoles had the same games, we know that's not going to happen though. It would make things easier..

jakncoke
07-19-2008, 12:11 PM
I copied "this pisses me off I hate Sony..they suck.. all they do is copy"
I could care less if Nintendo took gamer scores also. I'm not really a fanboy for any console. I think it would be better if all consoles had the same games, we know that's not going to happen though. It would make things easier..

I disagree, a 1 console future should happen if that's what you really want. Me personally think that's a bad idea because it'll stop innovation, just look at Madden for example as soon as they bought exclusive NFL license they took a lazy road for 3 yrs and are just getting back into the mode of trying and even last yr they were lazy when messed up the PS3 version and only had it running at 30 fps and 360 version at 60 fps. But a 2nd thought to a 1 console future it could help get new quirky games out as 1 console would have the biggest install base ever. But another con would be if the 1 console got a 360/PS2 fatty type quality think of how it'd harm the industry.

Trunks
07-19-2008, 12:14 PM
I disagree, a 1 console future should happen if that's what you really want. Me personally think that's a bad idea because it'll stop innovation, just look at Madden for example as soon as they bought exclusive NFL license they took a lazy road for 3 yrs and are just getting back into the mode of trying and even last yr they were lazy when messed up the PS3 version and only had it running at 30 fps and 360 version at 60 fps. But a 2nd thought to a 1 console future it could help get new quirky games out as 1 console would have the biggest install base ever. But another con would be if the 1 console got a 360/PS2 fatty type quality think of how it'd harm the industry.

Like you said for the maddens they messed up the ps3 game. If we had one console then game producers wouldn't have to make 3 different game engines for each console. They could work more on the game instead of worrying more about the different systems.

jakncoke
07-19-2008, 12:23 PM
Like you said for the maddens they messed up the ps3 game. If we had one console then game producers wouldn't have to make 3 different game engines for each console. They could work more on the game instead of worrying more about the different systems.

ya, imo that'd happen more often and with more game because they really wouldn't have to try that hard to make loads of money because the install base would be super...say you add all 3 now and get like 60(close estimation) that'd be a super record for a console at this point, and lets forget how they could PS3 or even worse and release a console at a super price above what any other console released at and we'd have no room to wiggle and just think how long it'd take them to drop the price. other consoles breed competition which leads to price drops, just think if PS3 sold well when it first came out...we'd still be sitting at 600 and 500 and would be cringing at what we'd be paying for PS4

Trunks
07-19-2008, 12:29 PM
ya, imo that'd happen more often and with more game because they really wouldn't have to try that hard to make loads of money because the install base would be super...say you add all 3 now and get like 60(close estimation) that'd be a super record for a console at this point, and lets forget how they could PS3 or even worse and release a console at a super price above what any other console released at and we'd have no room to wiggle and just think how long it'd take them to drop the price. other consoles breed competition which leads to price drops, just think if PS3 sold well when it first came out...we'd still be sitting at 600 and 500 and would be cringing at what we'd be paying for PS4

Well I payed 500 for my xbox when it came out, then now I will be paying for a ps3 for 400. I think I would rather buy one console for 600 dollars.

jakncoke
07-19-2008, 12:48 PM
Well I payed 500 for my xbox when it came out, then now I will be paying for a ps3 for 400. I think I would rather buy one console for 600 dollars.

where? cause the 360/Xbox didn't launch at that price. Unless you are talking about buying an Elite and rounding up.

Trunks
07-19-2008, 01:18 PM
where? cause the 360/Xbox didn't launch at that price. Unless you are talking about buying an Elite and rounding up.

I bought one that came with 2 games, 2 controllers and 2 headsets.

Scott
07-19-2008, 02:09 PM
Damn, if I'd known this would be the first game to get trophies I would have traded in Motorstorm and kept this.

Oh and I remember my Xbox was more than £100 more because I had to take 3 f'ing games with it and one of them had to be King Kong... those kind of deals are why I will never buy a games console in game again.

Shixx
07-19-2008, 05:15 PM
where's the source to this claim?

I went back to all the articles I read..and they said nothing at all about what I stated I guess I just made it up in my head hoping for it to be true, could've swore I read it somewhere though..

jakncoke
07-19-2008, 05:21 PM
I went back to all the articles I read..and they said nothing at all about what I stated I guess I just made it up in my head hoping for it to be true, could've swore I read it somewhere though..
;(, that's sucks...it's going to pain having beat games again to get them...lol

Scott
07-19-2008, 05:52 PM

Damn that would have been great... Good thing it's just Xbox games I've been buying.

Shixx
07-20-2008, 07:14 PM
This is one of the advantages of coming in to a new field second. Microsoft entered the achievement field and the first thing that happened with the system was that certain people exploited the system and swapped saves to fly up the leaderboards and get points they didn't deserve.

Sony, having witnessed the madness that surrounded the whole "gamesave" debacle and have decided to make the PS3 saves not work retroactively. PS3Fanboy confirmed this earlier on, as well as the Official Playstation Blog. This was to the delight of new Trophy hunters but to the dismay of those who were hoping to load up some old saves for easy Trophies. Looks like you'll be playing all those games again.

Wow, this could actually be a level playing field throughout! We're still praying for the inclusion of some sort of leaderboard. Come on Sony, pull through for us!

Damn you Exploiters ( No, I would never!)

jakncoke
07-20-2008, 09:34 PM
I really hope there is a leaderboard, and another thought It angers me that Sony didn't assign pt values so we could have our version of gamerscore.