PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life 2

apokolipz
01-22-2007, 03:47 PM
who here has played this game? its a really good shooter, awsome graphics, great storyline, all around an awsome game. post what ya think or if you have questions.

aosmallan
01-22-2007, 03:59 PM
I played the demo of it (the demo file is HUGE! like 5gb+). I liked it a lot, but unfortunately I dont have a GFX card good enough to support it gracefully. I would buy it if I had the equpment to back it up, cause I want it to look good to play it lol.

Whats funny is that I have a 64 MB GFX card, and somehow, I can actually still run games like HL2 and Doom 3 pretty well, just on lower GFX settings... it runs better on my comp than some of my friends that have 128MB+cards.

But I liked the fact taht you can just pick up ANYTHING in the game and use it as a weapon or throw it at friendlys lol... the gravity gun was BADASS too...

apokolipz
01-22-2007, 04:37 PM
my computers graphics card is a also not up to what it needs to be, so it lags. i ended up uninstaling it because of the lag. how do you adjust the graphics settings, on the card itself or in game?

aosmallan
01-22-2007, 04:54 PM
I well HL2 does a pretty good job of recognizing where the in-game settings need to be. I adjusted a few of my GFX card settings itself, but really theres not much I can do with a 64mb Card

apokolipz
01-22-2007, 04:59 PM
i have no idea what my graphics card is, sadly. every time i loaded it, it said that the graphics card is not up to date, and that this may result in the game not functioning properly. its wierd, i can't hear some of teh talk so i had to activate the captions. but, o well.

LiNuX
01-23-2007, 10:14 AM
i played it, i played the whole game but i had the demo in my computer, it is a huge file, i had the trial version where they were running that contest lol, the 5 people with the best ratio at the end of the month or something got some monetary prize -- i couldnt play enough to get a good ratio, i think the number one winner had around 60,000 kills and 2,000 deaths, half life isnt my game lol, i just stick to cs, i still have half life 1 in my comp, dont play it

Drake14
01-25-2007, 12:11 PM
I've played the demo for this. Pretty fun game. The gravity gun thing is fun ;D Shooting garbage cans and wut not at creatures to kill them ;D

apokolipz
01-25-2007, 01:46 PM
But I liked the fact taht you can just pick up ANYTHING in the game and use it as a weapon or throw it at friendlys lol... the gravity gun was BADASS too...

The gravity gun thing is fun ;D Shooting garbage cans and wut not at creatures to kill them ;D

i agree with both of ya. this is a favorite of mine. in Half-Life Episode 2, you get another gun, tho i can't remember the name, lol. but u make portals with it. and jump through them. the video for it gets insane!!...too bad i can't find it... :-\