PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 or PS3?

PvtWilhelm
07-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Can you guys give me a hand? I've got a Wii but I want to get either a PS3 or an Xbox 360 in the near future. Problem is I don't know much about either other than the games available for them. Which would you recommend?
If I buy one now, which am I going to get more value for my money from in terms of games, lifespan and what it has to offer? Based purely on games I'm leaning towards 360 at the moment, but everyone I ask says the PS3's on it's way up and it has blu-ray too. Any advice would be great. Thanks for you help.

jakncoke
07-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Can you guys give me a hand? I've got a Wii but I want to get either a PS3 or an Xbox 360 in the near future. Problem is I don't know much about either other than the games available for them. Which would you recommend?
If I buy one now, which am I going to get more value for my money from in terms of games, lifespan and what it has to offer? Based purely on games I'm leaning towards 360 at the moment, but everyone I ask says the PS3's on it's way up and it has blu-ray too. Any advice would be great. Thanks for you help.

What games are you looking forward too, just go through the list of games out and future games and see which has more that you want..that's the best way..from the sounds of it..you are pretty set on the 360..so pick on up...60gb in August for 350 is great value.. I would mention RROD but Microsoft surprisingly has done a great job making it less prone to failure and Jasper chipset this fall will make it even less prone.

PvtWilhelm
07-18-2008, 12:20 PM
60gb in August for 350 is great value

Is that the new Premium they announced at E3? Anyone happen to know how much that'll cost in the UK?

jakncoke
07-18-2008, 12:22 PM
Is that the new Premium they announced at E3? Anyone happen to know how much that'll cost in the UK?

Yes it's the new premium, I'm not even sure they're planned for UK yet.

Trunks
07-18-2008, 12:24 PM

400 Dollars which is about 252 euro's for 80gb.
350 dollars which is about 220 euro's for the 60gb.

PvtWilhelm
07-18-2008, 12:31 PM
So it'll cost the same as the old Premium but with more space then? Sorry if I'm sounding retarded. just want to make sure.

Shixx
07-18-2008, 03:33 PM
Yep, Look at 2 things. How many games does each console have(or will have) that you want to play.
and most importantly what console does most of your friends have.

Scott
07-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Get a PS3: Free Online, Bigger Hard Drive and a lot of good games are on the way.

jakncoke
07-18-2008, 04:02 PM
Get a PS3: Free Online, Bigger Hard Drive and a lot of good games are on the way.

Elite says hi, unless UK doesn't have an elite.

Scott
07-18-2008, 04:05 PM
Elite says hi, unless UK doesn't have an elite.

Yeah we have it. But I've only got an normal 360.

Also I forgot to say! PS3 doesn't have the RROD..

Iceskater101
07-18-2008, 06:28 PM
I have an 360 and I love it!
sooo I guess get the 360
:)

blaze4556
07-19-2008, 10:13 AM
My friend got a ps3 for his birthday, it broke the next day. True story, according to him...

jakncoke
07-19-2008, 11:28 AM
My friend got a ps3 for his birthday, it broke the next day. True story, according to him...

You realize no game system or electronic or anything for that matter is 100% in quality, 1 PS3 breakage doesn't change the fact that 360 is far worse in RROD/disc drive breakage ect. vs. Wii/PS3. So it's not worth mentioning to a potential buyer who should already know that anything that he buy has a chance to break fast.

PvtWilhelm
07-19-2008, 02:21 PM
I know that the 360s prone to RROD. I heard the new ones are much better though and RROD a lot less. How are Microsoft are getting it fixed and stuff? What's the process?

Scott
07-19-2008, 02:24 PM
I know that the 360s prone to RROD. I heard the new ones are much better though and RROD a lot less. How are Microsoft are getting it fixed and stuff? What's the process?

Well there's 3 years free warrenty. So you send your Xbox 360 to them wait a month and you get it back.

Ghost
07-19-2008, 02:40 PM
Get an xbox. It's cheaper and most games are on both anyways.

Trunks
07-19-2008, 02:50 PM
Microsoft are a holes. I sent my 360 into to get it fixed for the red ring thing. IT happened at the start of the month, and I just bought xbox live and so did my brother. So we ask them if they can cancel them and we get our money back and they were like no. So we got jipped 15 dollars, they did give us a month free, but they always do that. So anyway, we got it back like 2 months later. Now some disc on it don't work. So they screwed up the liens on it or something. It keeps saying DvD when I put halo 3 in. It's junk, Microsoft service is terrible. I'm going to send it back in, when my month subscription runs out. So I don't lose my money again.

Scott
07-19-2008, 02:53 PM
Get an xbox. It's cheaper and most games are on both anyways.

Yeah but if you get a 360 you wont be able to play Ratchet and Clank, Killzone, Gran Turismo, Resistance and Metal Gear Solid. which are all either good or going to be good.

Ghost
07-19-2008, 02:55 PM
Microsoft are a holes. I sent my 360 into to get it fixed for the red ring thing. IT happened at the start of the month, and I just bought xbox live and so did my brother. So we ask them if they can cancel them and we get our money back and they were like no. So we got jipped 15 dollars, they did give us a month free, but they always do that. So anyway, we got it back like 2 months later. Now some disc on it don't work. So they screwed up the liens on it or something. It keeps saying DvD when I put halo 3 in. It's junk, Microsoft service is terrible. I'm going to send it back in, when my month subscription runs out. So I don't lose my money again.

They are a holes. My xbox was away for 3 and a half months and we phoned them 3 times and they just said the same thing that it's 'on its way'.

Joshuah
07-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Xbox 360 FTW Its cheaper and better :-) that says it :-P

MissLEGENDARY
08-27-2008, 12:58 PM
I love my 360 never had any problems with it. My brother bought his on ebay and within a few days it had the RROD. He sent it in...and got it back within a month.

Ackrovan
11-09-2008, 02:51 PM
The 360 will have far more (good) games available to you while the PS3 will last longer and a bit more reliable hardware.

eranikusnxt
12-05-2008, 08:17 AM

unless your a hardcore PS or Xbox fan, id say stick with the wii. I got them and realy, the PS3 and Xbox360 realy isnt worth it for now. Yes, alot of good games are comeing out for those 2, but you got to make sure theres alot of games that makes it worth it. nintendo gives you a wii, a gamecube, Nes, Snes, N64, sega genesis, sega masters system, turbo graphix 16 (how ever you spell it), and a neogeo. plus the wiiware, and the fact that it has alot of games for it that have good and interesting controles, the graphix arnt the best, but they do good, and the most important, its just down right fun. If you only wanted to know what of those 2 you should get, im sorry, this is just a warning. Enyway, if I has to pick between the 2, I would get the ps3.

EpsilonX
12-06-2008, 02:17 PM
unless your a hardcore PS or Xbox fan, id say stick with the wii. I got them and realy, the PS3 and Xbox360 realy isnt worth it for now. Yes, alot of good games are comeing out for those 2, but you got to make sure theres alot of games that makes it worth it. nintendo gives you a wii, a gamecube, Nes, Snes, N64, sega genesis, sega masters system, turbo graphix 16 (how ever you spell it), and a neogeo. plus the wiiware, and the fact that it has alot of games for it that have good and interesting controles, the graphix arnt the best, but they do good, and the most important, its just down right fun. If you only wanted to know what of those 2 you should get, im sorry, this is just a warning. Enyway, if I has to pick between the 2, I would get the ps3.

he wants...a real next gen console. While the Wii is a good console IMO, it's not a next gen console. It seems like a last gen console but more innovative.

Anyways, i'd go with PS3. IMO it has a much better computer, a much better menu interface, and blu ray movies are astounding. Plus free online. (don't give me that you get what you pay for crap IMO online isn't worth paying extra for)

eranikusnxt
12-06-2008, 05:47 PM
he wants...a real next gen console. While the Wii is a good console IMO, it's not a next gen console. It seems like a last gen console but more innovative.

Anyways, i'd go with PS3. IMO it has a much better computer, a much better menu interface, and blu ray movies are astounding. Plus free online. (don't give me that you get what you pay for crap IMO online isn't worth paying extra for)

everyone says that, it is a next gen console. People seem to forget that its nto the graphix that makes the game, its the gameplay. Nintendo knows that, and thats why they not only cut the graphix down for better gameplay, but gives you the chance to but some of the best old games. Everyone has there own opinion, but the wii wasnt realy made for one player games. It was made for famalies, while the ps3 and 360 seem to be made for 1 person. this is the last time im gonig to bring it up, so dont worry about this being an all out fight. Last thing I got to say, sonly make tvs and microsoft makes comps, witch makes there consoles based on looks. Ninteno was a pure gaming company ever sense it was made, witch makes them think about the gameplay.

Henchy
12-06-2008, 07:16 PM
ps3 cz i support sony and like more games on it!

SnarlySmallJay
12-07-2008, 03:01 AM
Xbox360, if your looking for online pla its the only choice.. i ahve the 360 and it has almost flawless online play, especially in games like GOW and COD, i have not play any of these on the PS3 but my brother has games like Tiger woods, and Madden 09, and he tells me it takes ages to find a match and that when he does the server usually times out or is lost during the match, this for me would be extremely irritating!

360 all the way!

EpsilonX
12-10-2008, 01:09 PM
everyone says that, it is a next gen console. People seem to forget that its nto the graphix that makes the game, its the gameplay. Nintendo knows that, and thats why they not only cut the graphix down for better gameplay, but gives you the chance to but some of the best old games. Everyone has there own opinion, but the wii wasnt realy made for one player games. It was made for famalies, while the ps3 and 360 seem to be made for 1 person. this is the last time im gonig to bring it up, so dont worry about this being an all out fight. Last thing I got to say, sonly make tvs and microsoft makes comps, witch makes there consoles based on looks. Ninteno was a pure gaming company ever sense it was made, witch makes them think about the gameplay.

And my side of the argument being, Wii is just like gamecube and all the other last gen games in terms of the game itself, it's just that you have motion controls. A Wii can't handle the next gen physics and computations that more recent games have. Ever notice how many games are released on both the PS2 and the Wii? The 360 and PS3 not only look better, but are far more powerful in terms of computing and handling everything that's going on. The wii is pretty much all last gen hardware, which IMO is what separates this gen from last gen. Smaller things like in crysis, how when you're shooting you can cut down and blast chunks out of trees and stuff that's in your way. How in battlefield bad company you can destroy walls of buildings and stuff. The fact that in GTA 4 you can travel the entire city without any loading times. Are Wii games capable of any of that? Not from what i've seen. in my personal opinion, that's what makes next gen games truly next gen.