PDA

View Full Version : Review Bioshock:Supports Drugs! says Jack thompson

Shixx
07-19-2008, 06:47 AM
Intro-
I remember when I first Pressed "Start new game" and Watched the Intro, and as I stepped out of the Elevator into Rapture I was totally immersed into the World of Bioshock..From the dripping of the Water to the screams Cries and laughs to the Radio Trying it's hardest to get Reception all that leads to you being paranoid knowing something will jump out any second. but as you walk up the first set of stairs.. and see the First Being of the game, shes calmly watching over her baby in her stroller. at this point I was like, maybe shes sane.. she hasn't lunged at me yet. so I walk up to her and attempt to see if a baby is in the stroller when all the sudden she goes Ape **** and jumps you.
from that point on you will not forget that moment and will Kill everything that moves before you realize it.

Gameplay-
The gameplay is just like any other game where you kill pill popping psychos(Oh wait, that's totally Original.)
in this Game you get everything you would want to kill stuff with, Pistol, Shotgun, Machine gun, Grenade launcher, Mine launcher,Flame thrower, Ice thrower? and of course the weapon of weapons, The wrench/crowbar
and that's just the normal Weapons apparently in Bioshock They liked Drugs so much they invented ones that not only got them high but gave them Pyro(Yes Fire from your hands) abilities Telekinesis, Electric shock, Frozen hand of Doom and alot more. Who needs Pot or Coke after taking some of that ****, Right? as For difficulty the Game is pretty simple but has some very hard parts as well, Like some of the Bosses and those damn Big Daddy's.
as for puzzles and mini games, there's some pretty cool ones like Hacking a vending machine that sells Bullets(Yeah I know Awesome eh? Weapons in vending machines!? hellz yeah!)you can also Hack pretty much any Electrical Device Such as Security Cameras, which have saved my ass many times in Rapture. about half way through your Walk through hell you pick up a job as the Last Photographer of Rapture, you can actually take pictures of the Residents of Rapture and Research them and find out what their Weaknesses are and without doing anything you hurt them more just by taking their Picture. Pretty sweet Right? I tried it on my brother, Quite effective, I must say.
Oh, and you can Loot Dead bodies! and steal their Cheetos. But yes Bioshock delivers with Weapons, kickass Drugs, Powerups, upgrades and annoying Bosses and you will Enjoy it. Oh and by the way, it's right behind you!
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/5512/2549133702b7c567a693ots8.jpg
Guessing IT forgot to put makeup on?

Story-
The Story is very Good and probably one of the best endings I've seen in awhile.
from minute one to the last seconds of the Game you believe in whats going on and that your in Rapture trying to stay alive and find out what the hell happened.
on your mission you can find tons of diary's that lead to back stories and just complete the story even more.

Graphics-
The Graphics are nothing to complain about at all they make Rapture Seem so Realistic, like it exists some where...(South of Hawaii, look it up on Mapquest)
I remember one moment I was walking by feeling proud after Killing a whole horde of Druggies as I walk by a window that showed the ocean.. and I see a figure.. ignore it walk a few more steps and Realized I just saw someone walking outside in the Ocean with a scuba suit on which was a Big daddy, so I sit there for a minute watching him go back and forth and get impatient.. so I shoot the glass when by my surprise he turns around and looks right at me and started running at the window and rammed right into the window Unconsciously I was already in the next room and stood there in shock for a second until he walked back to his pacing grounds.
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/807/bioshockss2tn1.jpg
Polo?

Music-
Sound and music on this game are very good the Narrating of this game was awesome it brought the whole game to life.
and as you hear the Evil laugh of the vending machine you laugh because of the Irony and cry because you know right after the vending machine there is another horde of your "buddies" waiting to throw a party
you will also run into stray Radios playing music or Diary's people left around.

Thoughts-
My only complaint was it could be a pain in the ass to switch Abilities while in the heat of battle. My thoughts on this game are, if you want a FPS with a kickass story and gameplay Buy it.
even if you don't like FPS you will probably still enjoy Bioshock,

The Rating 9.5/10

Iceskater101
07-19-2008, 11:32 AM
yeah I love bioshock its one of my favorite games on the 360

Trunks
07-19-2008, 11:33 AM
I didn't really get into that game. I played probably halfway through the game, but never got into the story in it. I just quit playing and gave the game back to my friend.

Scott
07-19-2008, 02:20 PM
It's a great game. I thought about reviewing it but thought it would take to long to write about everything on the controler

LiNuX
07-19-2008, 02:31 PM
excellent review :) but this is still a game I haven't played yet lol, i remember the hype before and after the game came out, people went crazy for the game and I don't blame them - also has some great graphics.

Ghost
07-19-2008, 02:36 PM
Its one of my favourite 360 games. I downloaded that thing for it where its on the highest difficulty and you cannot die. it was so tough that i gave up

rukisuto
07-19-2008, 04:02 PM
I actually haven't had the time to even try it out.
I know I really want to though.

Good review :]

Home32
03-24-2009, 07:26 PM
This game was freaking great. Too bad my PC kept getting blue screened by it.:confused1:

Drake14
03-24-2009, 10:40 PM
I played a demo of it and it was amazing i loved it!!!!