PDA

View Full Version : Review Silent Hill Origins

Scott
07-19-2008, 08:32 PM
Back to the beginning and back to its best.

http://www.bytesizedgaming.com/images/box-art/silent-hill-origins.jpg

Format: PSP

It's hard to say that you 'enjoy' a Silent Hill game. Sure you can admire and appreciate Konami's survival horror, but a gane that's relentlessly dark, grimey and has you shooting a mutated version of your mum has very few punch the air/high five moments. But the fact that this PSP entry to the series is as bleak and unsettling as the previous game is testament to the amazing work climax have done making it just as scary. With the heaphones on, peering into the screen, you're soon sucked into the hellish proceedings.

The story is set before the events of the original Silent Hill, with trucker Travis Grady stumbling around the cursed town looking for a way out. It's still the same mix of slow combat, exploring and puzzle solving but each element is superbly put together and balanced to make it very compelling. The constant gloom and graphic horror may not suit everyone, but there's no denying that this is one of the best adventure games on PSP. And it'll reignite your desire for the Hill ahead of the fifth console game in the series.

http://www.ashtmiller.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/sho.jpg

Scoring:

Graphics:

Excellent for a game that's mainly played in all-consuming fog or darkness
85/100

Gameplay:

Superb puzzles: excellent use of the 'two sides' of the Silent Hill world.
87/100

Lifespan:

There's plenty of secrets to unlock if you have the stamina to replay the game.
77/100

Final Score:

86/100
Neatly tucks all of Silent Hill's qualities onto one of the best PSP games.

Jaykub
07-19-2008, 08:39 PM
Oh my gosh they made that into a game.

A+ review by the way

Scott
07-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Oh my gosh they made that into a game.

A+ review by the way

It's on PS2 too but I only had the PSP version.

Trunks
07-19-2008, 09:06 PM
I may buy this for the ps2, it looks interesting. Good review.

Ghost
07-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Lol who would play this on the train? so your on a noisey train full of people and yourplaying a horror game ... that wouldnt be very scary

LiNuX
07-19-2008, 11:00 PM
Lol who would play this on the train? so your on a noisey train full of people and yourplaying a horror game ... that wouldnt be very scary

lol, you'd probably end up going past your stop if you get too into the game, i've had that happen to me before with my psp

i haven't been a silent hill fan ever - the movie was the worst thing with the name "silent hill" on it - but i've played the older versions of silent hill on my ps2 before

blaze4556
07-20-2008, 09:31 AM
The movie spooked me a bit, even though i only watched the last 20 minutes of it. I remember watching a few vids of that game on youtube. Does pyramid head actualy rape the malformed women? Good review btw

EpsilonX
07-23-2008, 11:21 AM
why in the HELL is this under shooters? The whole point of the game is to avoid combat!!!!!

Trunks
08-03-2008, 09:33 PM
Silent Hill Origins - Konami - Psp s Game Guide (http://peanutmaster.wordpress.com/2008/05/27/silent-hill-origins-konami-psp/)

Another fail. I am starting to think that you didn't write one review. I will be checking don't worry.