PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Which should i buy? [UT3 vs. CSS]

El3mentGamer
07-21-2008, 07:41 PM
ok. everyone im really looking into Unreal Tournament 3 because its got CTF DM and blah blah but alot say Counter-Strike Source is better. Its a really hard descesion. Heres the specs for my game. There both 20$ Unreal Tourney is the collecters Edition with the metal case and Counter Strike S. is just the regular game. I want you only to vote if you have played BOTH of them. Please tell me YOUR pros and cons of both game. HELP ME!

LiNuX
07-21-2008, 07:48 PM
i played both and i am a counter-strike fan

BUT....i am not a fan of CSS - i am a fan of CS 1.6 - i have css though, and I have played UT3

I like UT because it is a more fantasy and it has great graphics and its fun to play on servers online with friends

CSS is more realistic - i like realistic more than fantasy type games and compared to cs 1.6 - css has improved on the graphics several folds but they have gone down on the realistic feeling of the guns recoils and player movements

UT has the story mode i believe - haven't played the story mode since my first UT game. not sure about UT3

CSS has no story mode though, you can play offline with bots.

Personally I prefer CS 1.6 over either of these games lol, i've played CS for about 6-7 years now and I still haven't gotten bored because if you have a few good friends to play with online, you will want to keep going back. Its just the fun of competition.

Btw. cs 1.6 costs $10 :D

And CSS has another plus side - there is a GF server for it - open for free 24/7 :D and since you are a part of the forum, being active on the servers will give you a chance to have admin powers on the server - same with the other servers as well

But in the end the decision is yours - there is positives and negatives to both

El3mentGamer
07-21-2008, 08:29 PM
well LiNuX you have broadened my opinion alot more for CSS. And CS 1.6 i just looked around today for, CANT FIND IT. So my wants are still layed set for UT3 or CSS. Well LiNuX i know wehat youve said about both but OVERALL which would you rather buy if you were me? [not including cs 1.6]

Scott
07-21-2008, 08:49 PM
UT3 is a good game. And that's a good price for it. It's got great graphics, it looks brilliant and it's fun online. I haven't played CS but if I were you I'd probably go with UT3.

LiNuX
07-21-2008, 08:56 PM
well LiNuX you have broadened my opinion alot more for CSS. And CS 1.6 i just looked around today for, CANT FIND IT. So my wants are still layed set for UT3 or CSS. Well LiNuX i know wehat youve said about both but OVERALL which would you rather buy if you were me? [not including cs 1.6]

i said i already preferred realistic games over fantasy type so CSS for sure lol

and as for CS 1.6 - you have to buy CS Anthology for that OR just go on steam and pay for it there - its tax free and it takes seconds to buy IF you really do what to go for that

Package: Counter-Strike (http://steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=sub&SubId=7&cc=US)

the above link has the game - you also get counter-strike condition zero for free