PDA

View Full Version : RAM Upgrade Downtime Scheduled (07/24/08)

LiNuX
07-21-2008, 10:16 PM
On Thursday July 24th 2008, the forum is expected to be down because the entire server will be shut off to install an extra two gigs of RAM on the server which will allow us to do more and worry less.

The downtime is expected to be around 9 AM Eastern Time. I won't be the one doing this because the forum is hosted at a datacenter, I have no physical control over the server of the forum like I do of the GF Game Servers.

Estimated downtime is to be between 30 minutes up to 2 hours if needed.

Just an advance notification - if you come on thursday morning and see us down, you know why.

~LiNuX

jakncoke
07-21-2008, 10:18 PM
cool, I'll be sleeping them.

LiNuX
07-23-2008, 10:15 PM
Alright, this is the final warning - server expected to be down tomorrow morning. 9 AM Eastern Time.

wifi
07-24-2008, 11:24 AM
lol this stuff always happens when im not on :-P so did this go ok?

LiNuX
07-24-2008, 06:01 PM
yup the upgrade seems to have taken under an hour, of course i missed the whole thing cuz i was sleeping lol, but from what i was told. downtime was under an hour :)

compared to our last datacenter, this one pwns them by a mile

jakncoke
07-24-2008, 08:19 PM
yup the upgrade seems to have taken under an hour, of course i missed the whole thing cuz i was sleeping lol, but from what i was told. downtime was under an hour :)

compared to our last datacenter, this one pwns them by a mile

Good I'm glad we finally got a winner even though we had to go outside the country to do so.

LiNuX
07-24-2008, 08:23 PM
Good I'm glad we finally got a winner even though we had to go outside the country to do so.

hey, whatever works, was tired of the old one - used to lag out of no where and the scheduled downtime would go for hours - and even unscheduled downtime was often

jakncoke
07-24-2008, 08:36 PM
hey, whatever works, was tired of the old one - used to lag out of no where and the scheduled downtime would go for hours - and even unscheduled downtime was often

trust me I agree 100%