PDA

View Full Version : Wheelman

Raw!
07-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Did anyone see the E3 video of Wheelman? Wheelman definately looks like a great game, and it looks really fun with those little spin your car 180 degrees in slow-mo, should the guy in the other car that's chasing you and go back to driving. Or the air-jack, that is sick. The thing I'm not sure about, is that it could get boring fast.

What do you guys think?

jakncoke
07-22-2008, 11:24 AM
imo it's a pos game.

blaze4556
07-22-2008, 03:07 PM
I watched one of the trailers a while back on Stranglehold. I thought it looked insanely badass

jakncoke
07-22-2008, 03:10 PM
I watched one of the trailers a while back on Stranglehold. I thought it looked insanely badass

wtf? wrong thread dude, this is the wheelman thread. but seeing you decided to derail the topic, Stranglehold is a good game.

blaze4556
07-22-2008, 05:02 PM
wtf? wrong thread dude, this is the wheelman thread. but seeing you decided to derail the topic, Stranglehold is a good game.

yeah, stranglehold had a wheelman trailer in the menus...

LiNuX
07-22-2008, 07:00 PM
i haven't seen the trailers yet but i love racing games, will definitely check this one out - well trailers for now lol

jakncoke
07-25-2008, 02:07 PM
Raw!, here is some sads new for ya

For a game about a getaway driver, The Wheelman sure has been taking its time reaching the finish line. A collaborative effort of Vin Diesel's Tigon Studios, Midway Games, MTV Films, and Paramount Pictures, Wheelman has suffered a string of flat tires since it was first announced in 2006. At that time, Midway anticipated that the game would arrive during the holiday 2007 season, but it was subsequent delayed last August to a broad 2008 window.

Now, The Wheelman has been bounced out of the driver's seat yet again. Midway has confirmed for GameSpot that the crime racer is now slated to leave the garage sometime during the first part of 2009.

"Midway is committed to developing and publishing high quality games," the publisher said in a statement. "It is important for us to support the development team with the resources and time needed to make Wheelman a great game experience. Wheelman is now scheduled to ship for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC in the first quarter of 2009."

As detailed in GameSpot's recent hands-on with the title from this year's E3 2008, Wheelman is an open-world driving game in which players zip through the winding streets of Barcelona, Spain, in an effort to lose the cops and make off with a cache of freshly plundered booty. Featuring the digitized likeness of Vin Diesel (Pitch Black, The Pacifier), the game acts as a forerunner to a film of the same name, which is also due out next year.

Scott
07-26-2008, 02:15 PM
I've seen the trailer. It looks good but I'd still wait to see the reviews before I buy it since it's a movie game.