PDA

View Full Version : irish perhaps?

jakncoke
07-22-2008, 11:36 PM
R.I. police say man had 0.491 blood alcohol level
1 hour, 37 minutes ago

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - State police say they arrested a man early Tuesday whose blood alcohol level was 0.491 percent — the highest ever recorded in Rhode Island for someone who wasn't dead.

Stanley Kobierowski was taken to a hospital, put in the detoxification unit and sedated, said Maj. Steven O'Donnell. He was arraigned Tuesday on charges of driving while intoxicated and resisting arrest, and he was released after promising to appear Friday at a court hearing.

"The person's lucky they survived," O'Donnell said. "There's no doubt he would have gotten killed or killed someone if he had continued on the route he was taking."

A phone listing for Kobierowski could not be found, and he did not have a lawyer in court Tuesday.

Kobierowski, 34, of North Providence, was arrested after he drove into a highway message board on Interstate 95 in Providence, O'Donnell said.

After police arrived, Kobierowski had trouble getting out of the car, then grabbed it and refused to move, forcing troopers to carry him to the breakdown lane before taking him back to their barracks, O'Donnell said.

A breath test showed blood alcohol readings of 0.489 percent, followed by 0.491, O'Donnell said, the highest readings state officials could remember for someone who didn't end up dead.

The legal limit in Rhode Island is 0.08. A level of 0.30 is classified as stupor, 0.4 is comatose and 0.5 is considered fatal, according to the health department.

I can't believe he didn't die, I wonder whats the record for highest BAC and actually survive.

Here's a story posted on gaf which is even more insane.

Bulgarian's blood-alcohol level astounds doctors
Last Updated: Tuesday, January 4, 2005 | 3:07 PM ET
CBC News
Bulgarian doctors tested a man's blood-alcohol level five times before accepting it was 0.914 – nearly twice the amount considered to be life-threatening.

The 67-year-old man landed in hospital on Dec. 20 after a car knocked him off his feet in the southern Bulgarian city of Plovdiv, police and doctors said Tuesday.

A breath test indicated blood-alcohol levels so high that police thought their equipment was broken, because the man remained conscious and talked with them.

The head of Plovdiv police, Col. Angel Rangelov, said five separate lab tests taken the same day confirmed the man's blood-alcohol level of 0.914.

A blood-alcohol level of 0.55 is considered potentially fatal.

In comparison, the Bulgarian man's level was more than 11 times higher than the legal blood-alcohol limit for drivers in Canada, which is 0.08.

The man, who has not been identified, was reported to be in stable condition after being treated for head injuries.

Trunks
07-23-2008, 12:02 AM
Crazy people these days. I swear.

LiNuX
07-23-2008, 12:56 AM
rofl .914? what a crazy idiot....he could have been trying to commit suicide and he failed big time who knows

rukisuto
07-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Holy moly.
How is that even possible to have it that high?
It's awesome, lol.

Iceskater101
07-23-2008, 05:52 PM
OH MY...
wow and he didnt die
that amazes me
he must have a strong liver

Trunks
07-23-2008, 06:35 PM
OH MY...
wow and he didnt die
that amazes me
he must have a strong liver

Not for long lol.

conman1000
07-24-2008, 03:54 PM
Wow, how can you have that much alcohol and not die?

Scott
07-26-2008, 04:54 PM
That is pretty amazing. And if he drunk all that he probably is Irish lol they sure do love to drink.