PDA

View Full Version : troubled consoles/games

apokolipz
01-24-2007, 03:21 PM
back when X-Box came out, threre was a race to be the first to come out before the other, between X-Box and PS2. microsoft, owned by a certifiable genius forgot to add a fan to the X-box. for those who remember that, the x-box's caught on fire if played for more than a couple of hours. ...how festive, lol. post some of the problems you have experienced. maybe not as severe, but still problems in general.

some less dramatic examples, on Halo, i got too the second to last level. the thing wouldn't save like the 3 times i got to it. inconvienient but nothing to make me freak.

Twigz
01-24-2007, 03:57 PM
I know that my PS2 broke only because of the laser being broken (at least that's what I've been told) and every time I tried to put a game in...it usually took about 10-30 mins to get it to play...then when it played, it usually froze...too many problems...I tried cleaning the disc, the inside of the PS2, everything, and it wouldn't work...now it's downstairs collecting more dust and I can't take it back because we forgot to get a warranty when we bought it...totally sucks... ???

LiNuX
01-24-2007, 04:50 PM
uh... controller went in and never came out lol, that was kinda my fault cuz i pressed hard and fast, and my old ps1 sometimes has a hard time reading the disks, it sucked when u couldnt wait to play the game lol

apokolipz
01-25-2007, 08:25 AM
there was a rummor going around a while ago saying that if you use your PS2 as a dvd player and a game system, it would fry itself. not sure how true it is, but a friend of mine seemed to have a simmilar problem. ended up getting a gamecube. idk

Drake14
01-25-2007, 12:02 PM
Ummm....one time i dropped my PSX on the floor on accident and it broke...but i've never really had any faulty hardware or anything.

lucky me :)

Twigz
01-25-2007, 12:04 PM
there was a rummor going around a while ago saying that if you use your PS2 as a dvd player and a game system, it would fry itself. not sure how true it is, but a friend of mine seemed to have a simmilar problem. ended up getting a gamecube. idk
Hmm...maybe that's what was wrong with my PS2, 'cause I had used it for both...sounds logical...

aosmallan
01-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Hmm...maybe that's what was wrong with my PS2, 'cause I had used it for both...sounds logical...

did you have one of the early ps2's? Cause there was a problem with the laser alignment on those... sony did a wide recall for all systems for a fix.

Anyway, my PS2 fell one time off the top of my big screen TV onto tile floor at my dads like 4 years ago.... so we went to Wal*Mart, bought a new one, switched the stickers and port cover in the back, and returned the old one. GG.

LiNuX
01-25-2007, 05:20 PM
actually i had one of the old ones, they did a huge recall a month after i bought it, 2 months i think, forgot, but my ps2 wasnt on the list so i was happy, didnt really cause any problems for me except the controller broken (by my hands)

and lol at the story haha, well thats what u do when its their fault :)