PDA

View Full Version : Mario Strikers

apokolipz
01-24-2007, 03:36 PM
i was just at a friends house (between regents exams... :-\) and played this game with another friend as well. man, i didn't really think i would like it or anytin, not being an avid soccer fan, but i was waaaaayyyyy off.

you can tackle people
kick the ball away from a guy (duh)
can force them into the perimiter wall, which may have an electric fence (HAHA!!!! needless to say, they get zapped!!)
you can preform a super kick and knock the goalie into the net (a charge attack to make a goal for 2 points instead of 1)

its an all around fun game, as far as i can tell, even if i only played about 30 minutes of it. post what ya think!!

Twigz
01-24-2007, 04:00 PM
OK, two things...

1. The game is really called "Mario Strickers"?

2. What's a "super kick"?

apokolipz
01-24-2007, 04:10 PM
haha! sorry about that. its actually called mario strikers, sorry again. i'll be a bit more carefull, lol

and, a super kick is when you press and hold the kick button with your team captain, causing a charge bar to start. hit the key points right and a small cutscenes come up for said captian. if done right, the ball will fly into the goalie, knocking him in for 2 points.

hehe lol, sorry bout the confusion, lol.

Twigz
01-24-2007, 04:12 PM
Ohh, it's a game...sounded like it, was just making sure...sounds pretty sweet.

LiNuX
01-24-2007, 04:55 PM
i think i heard of it, mario is coming out with new types of games these days lol, no more killing the turtles and saving the princess anymore lol, but i think its a good game :) sounds good too, havent played it yet tho

souljaa
01-24-2007, 05:24 PM
i think i heard of it, mario is coming out with new types of games these days lol, no more killing the turtles and saving the princess anymore lol, but i think its a good game :) sounds good too, havent played it yet tho

Haha..Yeah..When we had to fight Bowser and stuff :P

KittyCat72
03-08-2007, 04:43 PM
I've been wanting to play that game because soccer is my favorite sport. And I like Mario games quite a bit too.

Gerrit
07-19-2007, 11:41 PM
Haha.
I cant at most sit infront of any nintendo console for an hour.
After that i get bored. But all the figures are damn cute. lol

KittyCat72
07-21-2007, 09:54 AM
:radar:You need to try The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess then. I swear I must have sat in front of that screen for at least 5 hours strait. Would have been longer if my brother didn't kick me off.

charic
08-01-2007, 08:05 AM
I keep meaning to get this game... keep forgetting tho :no:

Meow
08-05-2007, 01:57 PM
I just got the second installment.
Mario Strikers Charged.

Great game! But I can't beat the Striker cup, I always make it to the finals and lose. So I am giving it a rest for a couple hours or so.

Scott
08-05-2007, 02:19 PM
What console is it on??

LiNuX
08-05-2007, 05:53 PM
What console is it on??

its out for the nintendo wii i believe, most mario games are out for just nintendo consoles

Scott
08-05-2007, 07:47 PM
its out for the nintendo wii i believe, most mario games are out for just nintendo consoles

I am sure there was one on the Gamecube too?. It was released not long after my GC Stopped working.

Meow
08-05-2007, 10:09 PM
it is only for the wii.

LiNuX
08-05-2007, 11:01 PM
it is only for the wii.

there is the confirmation, they dont make much games for the gamecube anymore since the wii is more widley used now. and usually gaming companies stop making games for their older consoles. Sony will stop making games to work with PS2 soon enough.

Scott
08-06-2007, 11:17 AM
it is only for the wii.

No I'm right there is a Mario Soccer Game for the GC: http://uk.gamespot.com/gamecube/sports/supermariostrikers/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;review

Metallica1983
10-07-2007, 08:32 PM
I just got it yesterday and i thinks awesome but i think mario should have a football game as well

ZXDarknessfalls
04-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Well I'm happy to see some people at least know about this series. Mario Strikers Charged for the Wii is actually in my opinion one of the better games on Wii (hard to do right?..) For those who want to try it I hope you actually do cause im sure you will enjoy it. The game can be done casually but for those who like a challenge this game can be Very competitive, expecially when playing with a friend who knows how to play or online against others. If anyone has questions on this game I am your go to guy on this one : D

Saph
04-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Wow, epic bump of a 4 year old thread...nice!

But to be honest I'm not really too big on Mario Sports games, I am more of a classic 2D Mario Bros. gamer. I actually completed New Mario Bros. Wii not so long ago!

ZXDarknessfalls
04-26-2011, 02:24 PM
how was it? I tried to play that but with my friends it became a race to the finish while killing each other the entire time. So I didnt get that far : P

Saph
04-26-2011, 02:26 PM
Its decent, although the completion reward is kinda lame, but if you're into secret worlds that require achievements to play them? Then its a great reward from completing it! :)

The levels get wilder as you play, the first levels are pretty standard, just like the old school times, but as you reach the high end worlds, the stuff gets really merciless! And the last level is just ridiculous! I'm not gonna spoil anything if you wanna play it, but I can tell you that its pretty darned hard :cheesy:

I'd say you should try it, alot of cool extra suits and little easter eggs you can find along the way :)

ZXDarknessfalls
04-26-2011, 04:17 PM
I think I just may have to go pick this up for a little and try it out : )

BobTD
04-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Also no one should play this game with him, ZXD is a massive SOB who knows every dirty trick there is, and its not even as fun "loosing" as it sounds.

ZXDarknessfalls
04-26-2011, 08:08 PM
I dont know All the dirty tricks.. But we have fierce competition between my friends and I so yes I am Very good at Mario Strikers on the wii.

Maxx Strike
06-03-2011, 10:42 PM
i like it more than fifa atleast stats dont decide the outcome from the beginning

CaptivatingBanana
06-11-2011, 03:17 AM
I had this game for a long long time and it was one of my most played games for my GameCube along with Pikmin 2 both of these games are really fun single player, but are best played with a buddy or three b:Dd

ZXDarknessfalls
06-11-2011, 01:15 PM
I had this game for a long long time and it was one of my most played games for my GameCube along with Pikmin 2 both of these games are really fun single player, but are best played with a buddy or three b:Dd

So have you tried the wii port of this game also?

CaptivatingBanana
06-11-2011, 02:59 PM
So have you tried the wii port of this game also?

Nope not at all I imagine its really fun though...

ZXDarknessfalls
06-12-2011, 02:34 PM
It is :D Spent countless hours on that game online and with friends.

imamwhat
06-23-2011, 08:51 PM
Its a preety good game

ZXDarknessfalls
06-24-2011, 10:52 AM
I just wish there was people here who would be willing to get online and do some games together.

vasdhped
09-06-2011, 02:32 AM
i like play game the site game is good