PDA

View Full Version : GTA 4 coming to PC

jakncoke
07-24-2008, 12:09 PM
http://image-002.yo2cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/94/9457/2008/07/dsc00560.jpg

We all knew it'd happen now the only question is what will be new to the game.

Trunks
07-24-2008, 12:12 PM
Maybe online will be more fun. I doubt it, but it's possible.

LiNuX
07-24-2008, 12:21 PM
lol thats cool..i've tried opening a GTA IV Server for the console players to come play - not as easy - but pc makes that much easier

and i can get the game without buying a next gen console - but im used to GTA Games on consoles though..haven't played any on the pc

jakncoke
07-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Maybe online will be more fun. I doubt it, but it's possible.

I didn't mind it, if I didn't burn myself out with SP I would have played MP more, also if they had a better leveling system...cause the console version is beyond ridiculous you'd have to play forever to get to the top

blaze4556
07-24-2008, 12:37 PM
maybe it will be like shadowrun, vista gamers playing with xbox 360 gamers.

jakncoke
07-24-2008, 12:39 PM
I doubt Rockstar would take the effort, by the time this actually comes out I wouldn't be shocked if GTA4 online is a deserted MP with a section of hardcore followers .

LiNuX
07-24-2008, 12:39 PM

that's not possible, not this gen at least cuz trust me, i've tried setting up just console game servers and no luck - these uses different server hardware or software or something. Console servers are a bit more complicated

like if a game is out for both PS3 and 360, you can't play with each other, the PC is the same..they won't allow it - no money in that if people can play the same game from two gaming machines

jakncoke
07-24-2008, 12:41 PM
that's not possible, not this gen at least cuz trust me, i've tried setting up just console game servers and no luck - these uses different server hardware or software or something. Console servers are a bit more complicated

like if a game is out for both PS3 and 360, you can't play with each other, the PC is the same..they won't allow it - no money in that if people can play the same game from two gaming machines

It is possible cause Shadowrun(game for 360 and PC) does it.

LiNuX
07-24-2008, 12:47 PM
It is possible cause Shadowrun(game for 360 and PC) does it.

oh really? then it definitely has to do with the software of the game and the server. and like you said, rockstar wouldn't go to the trouble of doing that, or won't bother at all. So I still stick with "it won't happen with GTA" lol

jakncoke
07-24-2008, 12:52 PM
oh really? then it definitely has to do with the software of the game and the server. and like you said, rockstar wouldn't go to the trouble of doing that, or won't bother at all. So I still stick with "it won't happen with GTA" lol

I think it has to do with the fact that Shadowrun is online only and they had a tons of extra time to do stuff instead of getting a storyline and extra space to dev.

LiNuX
07-24-2008, 12:58 PM
I think it has to do with the fact that Shadowrun is online only and they had a tons of extra time to do stuff instead of getting a storyline and extra space to dev.

oh..then yea probably - its to drive in more players. never played the game though