PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell Conviction release date narrowed down

jakncoke
07-24-2008, 01:37 PM
The next instalment in the Splinter Cell series won't be released until April next year at the earliest, Ubisoft has told investors.

Announcing the firm's Q1 2008/09 sales, the publisher said, "Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, whose release was previously scheduled for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2008-09, will now bolster the line-up for fiscal 2009-10."

That's between 1st April 2009 and 31st March 2010 in old money. The game's due out on PC and Xbox 360.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction was demoed at UbiDays in Paris in May 2007, and attracted criticism after the developers said they were reducing the range of controls in favour of context-sensitive actions that would depend on protagonist Sam Fisher's situation.

We previewed it at the time and noted, "A bit like Sam, the present public reaction suggests it'll be guilty until proven innocent." We're so funny. No wonder we live in cheap flats and eat microwave chips.

Earlier this year, reports surfaced that Conviction was being completely redesigned, but Ubisoft claimed it was "pure speculation". Perhaps not, if the delay is anything to go by. Speaking to Eurogamer at this year's UbiDays a couple of months ago, global development boss Christine Burgess-Overmard said the game would be released "when it's ready".

Elsewhere in the report, Ubisoft reiterates that Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway will be released in the current fiscal quarter, which means sometime between now and the end of September.

Still stupid that a PS3 version is currently planned, aww well I'll have a 360 by then.

LiNuX
07-24-2008, 11:08 PM
i remember the splinter cell games but back then i was into SOCOM Games more than splinter cell so i never owned a game for it - played most of them. Requires stealth - still remember lol

you are working on your second next gen console while I have yet to get my first..lol

Scott
07-26-2008, 02:25 PM
I used to love Splinters Cell. I could get through levels on the highest difficulty in 3 without setting off a single alarm.

rukisuto
07-26-2008, 09:09 PM
Splinter Cell is one of my favorite series.
I can't wait for the release of this one :]

Jaykub
07-26-2008, 10:09 PM
I can't wait for it to come out