PDA

View Full Version : Siren Blood Curse (PSN)

jakncoke
07-24-2008, 11:14 PM
Pricing goes as,

Episodes 1-4= 14.99
Episodes 5-8= 14.99
Episodes 9-12= 14.99
All Episodes 39.99

Premise:
The story begins on August 3, 2007 and focuses on an American television crew that arrives in Japan to investigate and document the legend of Hanuda, a "vanished village" where human sacrifices are said to have taken place thirty years prior. The game will be divided into a series of twelve chronological episodes grouped into chapters available from the PlayStation Store, containing parallel and intersecting scenarios for multiple playable characters.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/874/874770/siren-blood-curse-20080516031050063_640w.jpg
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/869/869397/siren-new-translation-20080425002812979_640w.jpg
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/874/874770/siren-blood-curse-20080516031101922_640w.jpg

Now that's some background for members that have never heard of it, but now to the real reason I created the thread. It has come out today and I was wondering has anyone picked up any of the episodes or all of them, is it fun? I had fun with the demo, will I continue to do so? Is it worth 40 bucks iyo? about how long is the game?

blaze4556
07-25-2008, 12:51 AM
that looks really scary...what do you do on the demo? or on the game?

jakncoke
07-25-2008, 01:49 AM
that looks really scary...what do you do on the demo? or on the game?

for the real game a brief pr summary is in the op.

here is an extended posting for the demo

the demo starts off in a cut scene where the main character wakes up from being an apparent knockout and wonders if this is a tv

mission briefing pops up called "Search for the others"

you walk up some steps and it takes you into a another cut scene of a zombie attackign a mine worker and the mine worker then turning into a zombie

you then sneak past a zombie mine worker that is messing with the railroad

current goal: break into the mining office

sub-goal : sneak by the shibito(aka zombie) without being seen and...

find a weapon

very linear game btw. but it's only a PSN release what else can you expect?

I have now snuck past the shibito and entered a tunnel where I have found a metal pipe, thus completing my 2 sub goals.

2 new sub goals have been announced as I am about to exit the tunnel

sg1: knock out the shibito by the mining office
sg2: break the lock on the mining office door

a shibito is in sight, I am going to pwn her with the metal pipe.

R1 or square for weak attack
holding either R1 or square for strong attack
square or R1 repeatedly for combo attack

now onto pwning.

pretty sweet, did a strong attack then combo attacked and it took a hold of her hair and smashed it through a window, zombie pwned complete.

off to break the lock.

have found weapon option 2(btw full game is suppose to have like 50 weapons), hand stickie aka pick axe...metal pipe sounds cooler is cooler.

lock is broken.

about to enter mining office.

into the start of another cut scene then you get a

mission accomplished + 4 seconds of loading

new mission objective is Escape with Hirasakai with Melissa Gate,

cut in where she's sorry about trying to pwn you.

zombie outside of the door and your only choice to keep them out is to brace against the door with a simple holding down of the triangle

I failed so I had to skull bash the zombie

then you exit out the back up some steps.

into a another cut scene. lots of zombies

new sg: find a gun.

zombies realize your there and starting coming

4 of them at first glance, I ran like a p5ssy cause I forgot where the gun is

and I ran into another zombie so I hit him in the head and threw him down an elevator shaft

found a .38 caliber gun

well I can't continue cause I am currently using my PS2 controller and you I forgot you need the PS3 to shake off zombies that tackle you and to reload, but basically IIRC you kill the 8 or zombies and that's basically it, I'll give it a go tomorrow when my PS3 controller is a live and make sure nothing major happened after I just quit. I really doubt it will, short demo.

LiNuX
07-25-2008, 07:23 AM
is it just me or are the screenshots pretty dark? or is that the game? lol

EpsilonX
07-25-2008, 11:43 AM
I think if you want a better horror game for less money, buy something like silent hill 2 or fatal frame 2. They might not have as good graphics, but both are much better.

jakncoke
07-25-2008, 12:50 PM
I think if you want a better horror game for less money, buy something like silent hill 2 or fatal frame 2. They might not have as good graphics, but both are much better.

that's stupid logic of course if you cherry pick from last gen you'll get better horror games and if you go into this game expecting a AAA horror your just plain naive cause it's a B-level horror game that's rather cheap.

is it just me or are the screenshots pretty dark? or is that the game? lol

the setting is at night

EpsilonX
07-25-2008, 05:46 PM
that's stupid logic of course if you cherry pick from last gen you'll get better horror games and if you go into this game expecting a AAA horror your just plain naive cause it's a B-level horror game that's rather cheap.

B-level horror games are terrible experiences. If you feel like playing a horror game do not even bother with this gen because none of them are good nor are they scary. Stick to the last 2 gens for horror gaming.

This game isn't even fun to play.

jakncoke
07-25-2008, 06:02 PM
B-level horror games are terrible experiences. If you feel like playing a horror game do not even bother with this gen because none of them are good nor are they scary. Stick to the last 2 gens for horror gaming.

This game isn't even fun to play.

You probably haven't even played the demo.

Here is a part of Episode 1 in motion.

YouTube - Siren Blood Curse Episode 1 part 2 (http://youtube.com/watch?v=RCMMt2Y18WU)

blaze4556
07-25-2008, 10:22 PM
thanks for the info jak, graphics look awesome and that was hilarious, when the zombie smashed through the wall in the video and the guy screamed :laugh:

epsilonX this gen might not have great horror games if you only own a ps3 but the xbox360 has a couple of great horror games like condemned and alone in the dark (might be on ps3)

jakncoke
07-25-2008, 10:37 PM
thanks for the info jak, graphics look awesome and that was hilarious, when the zombie smashed through the wall in the video and the guy screamed :laugh:

epsilonX this gen might not have great horror games if you only own a ps3 but the xbox360 has a couple of great horror games like condemned and alone in the dark (might be on ps3)

condemned 2 is on the PS3(on my backlog list), I've heard from many ppl that alone in the dark is a turd, that turd comes out either in Aug or September.

blaze4556
07-26-2008, 12:22 AM
lol i've already got Alone in the Dark, only played the first lvl. was really good. maybe its crap after that but dno untill i play it again.

EpsilonX
07-26-2008, 12:35 PM
You probably haven't even played the demo.

Here is a part of Episode 1 in motion.

[/url]

I played the demo. I wanted to like it. It was one of the stupidest games i've ever played.

Also, Alone in the Dark got really bad ratings, but they've been working on the ps3 version for a lot longer than the rest of the versions so hopefully it ends up being better.

Condemned 2 sucked too. I don't think really fast shiny guys in an abandoned building are scary.

Scott
07-26-2008, 04:06 PM
It sounds good. And I haven't played a good horror game this gen. Nothing has really scared me. Condemned was good especially the combat but it wasn't scary neither is Quake 4, Condemned 2 or Alone in the Dark. The next Silent Hill better be good.

EpsilonX
07-27-2008, 10:22 PM
It sounds good. And I haven't played a good horror game this gen. Nothing has really scared me. Condemned was good especially the combat but it wasn't scary neither is Quake 4, Condemned 2 or Alone in the Dark. The next Silent Hill better be good.

Idk about condemned 1 but the combat in condemned 2 was terrible.

And I have a good reason to believe that the next silent hill will be garbage. It's made by a different team than silent hill 1-4, so they're not going to do their own thing they're going to emulate the other games in the series.