PDA

View Full Version : If you have both a PS3 & XB360...

jigsisme
07-25-2008, 11:01 AM
When you go and get a game that is multi-platform, which system do you buy the game for, PS3 or XB360?
Just curious of your selection. I'm still on the fence on getting a XB360, I know there are a lot of games for it that I would like to play! But, the forecast of future games are mostly multi-platform with the exception of the exclusives.
Appreciated,
WILL

LiNuX
07-25-2008, 01:06 PM
when people buy a game they usually go with what ever console has the best games - meaning they usually look at the exclusives - many buy the Xbox 360 for the Halo Games and same with PS3 - and i think xbox 360 still has the most selection of games than PS3 so you can get that if you want but I have neither so I can't really give you advice on which is best - not even an opinion at the moment lol

i do have experience with both, but owning it makes a huge difference

Scott
07-26-2008, 02:19 PM
I usually buy the game for the 360 because it's usually cheaper.

rukisuto
07-26-2008, 09:19 PM
When it comes to multi-platform games, I would go with what console controller your more comfortable with.
My preference would be the 360 controller.
I totally hate the PS controller, lol.

Trunks
07-26-2008, 11:00 PM
What I plan on doing is getting Racing games and RPG's for the ps3. The rest go to Xbox360 due to the achievements. Also, most online games will probably go to the 360 too, I already have live, might as well get my money worth. I like the PS controllers for racing games it's smaller and it won't hurt my hands after doing a endurance race for 3 hours. Same with RPG games, I can play them for hours and not worry about my hands hurting. They probably won't anymore though, GH has strengthened them up.

rukisuto
07-27-2008, 01:32 PM
What I plan on doing is getting Racing games and RPG's for the ps3. The rest go to Xbox360 due to the achievements. Also, most online games will probably go to the 360 too, I already have live, might as well get my money worth. I like the PS controllers for racing games it's smaller and it won't hurt my hands after doing a endurance race for 3 hours. Same with RPG games, I can play them for hours and not worry about my hands hurting. They probably won't anymore though, GH has strengthened them up.

I've never had my hands hurt from the 360 controllers, or even the old Xbox ones.
The sticks on the PS controllers irritate me, lol.

jakncoke
07-27-2008, 01:43 PM
when I get a 360, I plan on getting most of PS3 at first because I prefer the controller and then when they are bargain bin..get them for 360 for gamerscore.

Scott
07-27-2008, 02:27 PM

I would never buy a multiplatform racing game on PS3. They are great games for getting achievements.

Trunks
07-28-2008, 11:24 PM
I would never buy a multiplatform racing game on PS3. They are great games for getting achievements.

Well for me how comfortable the control feels is more important to me. Achievements make the game more enjoyable, but before the 360, no one ever complained. Also, for what I am hearing their is going to be Trophies for future ps3 games.

Shixx
07-28-2008, 11:43 PM
It depends on the game. fighting Games and RPG's = PS3 because the controller is better for fighting games and RPG cut scenes look better in my opinion. it also depends on how many games I have for the console at that time, I try to keep it even. Ex, I have 10 360 games and 11 PS3 games. but for FPS 360 controller is most comfortable.

Scott
07-29-2008, 03:46 PM
Well the last 3 games I bought were PS3 games. Because I Like playing online and why should I pay to play online when I can play them for free on PS3?

otis
04-10-2009, 02:12 PM
real gamers buy a copy for both consoles. :D

LiNuX
04-10-2009, 06:47 PM
real gamers buy a copy for both consoles. :D

smart gamers know how to save money and get two different games instead of the same one twice.

jakncoke
04-10-2009, 07:37 PM
smart gamers know how to save money and get two different games instead of the same one twice.

this.

screwby.

XxGoldenleechXx
04-23-2009, 08:01 AM
i buy most of my games for my ps3 now for the simple fact i love it. my 360 is mainly played by my son.

Knibbler
04-23-2009, 08:19 AM
I only ever really buy Singstar titles for my PS3 aswell as a few exclusives, though I haven't got them anymore..
Everything else is bought for the 360.

Choke On Candy
04-23-2009, 09:38 AM
i buy most of my games for my ps3 now for the simple fact i love it. my 360 is mainly played by my son.I'm the opposite I buy most of my games for 360. Only ever bought 3 games total for ps3

Ada
04-23-2009, 03:40 PM

I own a few games for multiple platforms. I'm smart and know how to save money. Kills your theory.

EpsilonX
04-25-2009, 11:03 AM
If i ever got a 360, I would only play exclusives on it. multiplatform games and ps3 exclusives would be bought for the ps3. Simply because I like the PS3 controller waaaaaay better, it's more comfortable and i like the analog sticks/trigger buttons better. But there are some games that i just want to play.

SiGnAl-RiCk
06-20-2009, 10:58 AM
I go for xbox 360 because its hooked up to a HD TV and my PS3 isnt.

Mr. Spriinkles
06-26-2009, 05:05 AM
I usually buy the game for my PS3 simply because I play it more often, I'm more comfortable with it, and I love the free online (If it has online). I feel a little degraded when I play a game on my 360 but that's just me.

hidekipooj
06-26-2009, 10:54 AM
any game that I know I'm going to probably spend 10-15 hours + on....I get it on the ps3.

The only time I break this rule is for the 360 exclusive rpg's.

But slowly I've been starting to buy the majority of my games on the 360 because of the achievements....they just feel better than trophies......

Exkiezie
08-12-2009, 02:01 AM
It depends on the game. fighting Games and RPG's = PS3 because the controller is better for fighting games and RPG cut scenes look better in my opinion. it also depends on how many games I have for the console at that time, I try to keep it even. Ex, I have 10 360 games and 11 PS3 games. but for FPS 360 controller is most comfortable.

11 ps3 games =0 didn't even know they had that many ;) jk

Endgameko
05-29-2010, 01:00 AM
I buy which ever version is cheaper second hand, and it changes constantly, for example yesturday i went out and brought 2 games, one for ps3, one for 360, i hadn't planned too but it worked out that way. I admit I favour my ps3 game wise, the blue ray discs are pretty durable but to be honest I have zero influence over it, other than if its available or cheaper for one particular platform, i will get it for that platform.