PDA

View Full Version : Favorite pokemon generation?

EpsilonX
07-25-2008, 12:10 PM
What's everyone's favorite generation of pokemon? I think I like them in the order they came out.

First gen i liked for nostalgic reasons, second gen I like because gold and silver are the best of the games, third gen just because i spent more time playing ruby than any other portable game in my life. I dont much like diamond/pearl

what does anyone else think?

LemonRising
07-25-2008, 12:12 PM
second gen was nice

I LIKE CRYSTAL WUT

first gen steals my heart though D:

Iceskater101
07-25-2008, 12:28 PM
I like the older one's
I dont like diamond and pearl that much

jakncoke
07-25-2008, 12:30 PM
where's the none option? pokemon never appealed to me, I collected the cards for like 3 months back when I was in like 7th grade but never purchased a game and only played I believe red for like 45 minutes before getting bored with it.

LemonRising
07-25-2008, 12:36 PM
jak is now a freak of nature.

THE END.

>:U

Trunks
07-25-2008, 12:46 PM
I like the second gen of them. When I bought sapphire, I just never played it enough to get into it.

LiNuX
07-25-2008, 12:54 PM
first gen for sure - red and blue were my favorite games back in the day - played most of the time and i beat them all many times - after i got my Gold version - i was able to get all 150 pokemon in my blue and red :D including those unknown pokemon - the exploits in one of the islands

i still remember that, but dont remember the names- was awesome. i had a lvl 100 snorlax and a pikachu :D and my best charizard

so much memories - my gold version was stolen :( still have my blue and red somewhere - i was holdind pokemons for them in my gold version and i started new games on my blue and red - didn't finish cuz gold was stolen and i lost all the pokemon

conman1000
07-25-2008, 02:42 PM
I think the third generation was the best.

EpsilonX
07-25-2008, 05:49 PM
jak is a freak of nature.

THE END.

>:U

there we go. :D

But yeah. I don't know how you can have never liked pokemon.

Btw I picked the second gen of pokemon simply for the high level of playability

LiNuX
07-25-2008, 05:59 PM
there we go. :D

But yeah. I don't know how you can have never liked pokemon.

Btw I picked the second gen of pokemon simply for the high level of playability

that was my second favorite - the gold and silver duplicate trick was the best lol, i had thousands of master balls and dozens of the same pokemon at level 100 lol :D very fun

KittyCat72
07-26-2008, 07:54 AM
Here are the names of the generations in order:
Kanto
Johto
Hoenn
Sinnoh

I think I like Johto the most... but Kanto is cool too. Every time they make a new generation it gets worse than the ones before it in my opinion. (with the exception of the first 2)

EpsilonX
07-26-2008, 12:38 PM
Here are the names of the generations in order:
Kanto
Johto
Hoenn
Sinnoh

I think I like Johto the most... but Kanto is cool too. Every time they make a new generation it gets worse than the ones before it in my opinion. (with the exception of the first 2)

I mean Ruby and Sapphire were good, but they started adding a lot of gimmicks (desert area, natures, abilities) and really really useless HMs (defog, rock smash come to mind.) in the third and fourth generations. Plus, the moves became mostly recycled versions of other moves but with different types/names.

Scott
07-26-2008, 02:11 PM
I prefered Gold and Silver. I owned both of them and that was when I played a lot of Handheald games. After them I really stopped playing handhealds.

LiNuX
07-26-2008, 02:16 PM
I prefered Gold and Silver. I owned both of them and that was when I played a lot of Handheald games. After them I really stopped playing handhealds.

i had gold, this guy that lived on the 2nd floor of my building had silver - we got all the pokemon this way

you know with the game boy color, the little remote thingie on top, you can connect two of the pokemon games that way and when you start it up together you get a certain prize - once every 24 hrs...we did that and racked up a lot of weird objects lol

dam i miss my gold :( lots of memories...i used to take it to school and play it on the down low, never get caught

rukisuto
07-26-2008, 09:01 PM
The first gen was my favorite.
But I really enjoyed the length of the third gen games.
They kept me going for a while and I like that.

LiNuX
07-26-2008, 10:16 PM
The first gen was my favorite.
But I really enjoyed the length of the third gen games.
They kept me going for a while and I like that.

i never finished the 3rd gen games - i've started both ruby and sapphire then got bored with them lol - well i got into the Megaman games so i left pokemon lol

froggy21
08-06-2008, 05:58 PM
I loved n played them all, not to mention Sapphire is the most enjoyable game after all... Hours of Fun!

LiNuX
08-06-2008, 06:54 PM
I loved n played them all, not to mention Sapphire is the most enjoyable game after all... Hours of Fun!

the sapphire and ruby versions is when i really stopped, you have to get like 24 badges or something and it was long for me lol...i did play them though and it was fun...i dont know if it was the game, or I just outgrew pokemon at that time lol, but i stopped around that time

Crazyspawn
08-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Blue version was my favorite. The rest are fine but blue version will always be number one.

Trunks
08-06-2008, 09:40 PM
I kind of liked how Pokemon red, made everything red and pokemon blue made everything blue. I think yellow, had some color too it other than yellow.

rukisuto
08-07-2008, 08:41 AM
I think I will love pok'emon 'til the day I die, lol.
I want to try the newest ones that came out, but I think they're only for DS..?
Correct me if I'm wrong.

defiance-UO
08-07-2008, 08:47 AM
pokemon silver and crystal

Trunks
08-07-2008, 10:02 AM
I think I will love pok'emon 'til the day I die, lol.
I want to try the newest ones that came out, but I think they're only for DS..?
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yea, they would only be fore the DS, because GBA was discontinued.

Meow
08-07-2008, 10:13 AM
The first generation was my favorite. The three starters are also the best..and there are only 150 pokemon to me.

glenofimaal
08-07-2008, 10:13 AM
i liked the third gen of them all

i had like 400 hours of play in pokemon emerald then my sister made a new game and saved it lol

i thank her for it though

defiance-UO
08-07-2008, 10:46 AM
i liked actually the first best, but the second was good enough, then the third came and messed things up and i wasn't so active in the pokemon world e knew nothing when i was looking at it on tv. so the 2 first are the best.

rukisuto
08-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Yea, they would only be fore the DS, because GBA was discontinued.

They were? I didn't even know that.
How come?

My sister has one, lol.

EpsilonX
08-07-2008, 12:22 PM
the sapphire and ruby versions is when i really stopped, you have to get like 24 badges or something and it was long for me lol...i did play them though and it was fun...i dont know if it was the game, or I just outgrew pokemon at that time lol, but i stopped around that time

All of the games have 8 badges except gold and silver, that has 16

Trunks
08-07-2008, 12:24 PM
They were? I didn't even know that.
How come?

My sister has one, lol.

Wait.... Silly me, I thought they discontinued the games, when they only discontinued the handheld. They only make GBA SP now. As for pokemon being on it, I'm not sure they probably made them for both.

Joshuah
08-09-2008, 07:50 PM
Older ones :-) they rocked you can't beat them, the original pokemon :-) now their ruining it with new pokemon :-(

Yonebyte1
08-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Pokemón Crystal. Definitely.
Unfortnately I lost my Game boy and my Pokemón Crystal game.
I think I must have left it in the volvo when I was a young kid because later we sold that volvo and I couldn't find my Pokemón Crystal or Game Boy...

Hawk
08-09-2008, 08:05 PM
ruby is the only 1 I played.. :) umm yer thats my fav.

Juicebox
08-11-2008, 09:34 AM
For the pokemon I like first gen the best but for gameplay wise I liked Emerald. There was so much to do in emerald.

LiNuX
08-11-2008, 11:53 AM
All of the games have 8 badges except gold and silver, that has 16

really? lol, i thought they just added the previous gyms in there - i never got all 8 badges in ruby or sapphire to have continued - by the time i finished my Gold version, i stopped watching pokemon - i only got ruby and sapphire cuz i thought it would be as fun as the Blue Version was when i was younger lol - not much fun with DSL making a breakthrough into everyone's house lol :D

Veriaset
08-23-2008, 10:43 PM
Really I only played the trading card game except for some second gen. but other then that I loved the trading card one.

BangkokJames
08-23-2008, 10:53 PM
dude crystal was beast and is my favorite one and yellow was beast too cuzz u get to get all the first gen starters and pikachu followed u everywhere]. good times good times. then the games got all dumb like the shows did. now enstead of saying pokemon violence we see some people saying your my best friend and stuff. i want pokemon to go back to its roots where it used to be good and not all wussy like todays pokemon.

LiNuX
08-23-2008, 10:55 PM
dude crystal was beast and is my favorite one and yellow was beast too cuzz u get to get all the first gen starters and pikachu followed u everywhere]. good times good times. then the games got all dumb like the shows did. now enstead of saying pokemon violence we see some people saying your my best friend and stuff. i want pokemon to go back to its roots where it used to be good and not all wussy like todays pokemon.

lol - i remember yellow, it wasn't in english when i got my Red and Blue versions. it came out in english later on - i did get to play it, never owned

lol, i used to like digimon too then it got retarded after a while, pokemon lasted much longer before it started becoming unattractive to me

BangkokJames
08-24-2008, 11:49 AM
lol - i remember yellow, it wasn't in english when i got my Red and Blue versions. it came out in english later on - i did get to play it, never owned

lol, i used to like digimon too then it got retarded after a while, pokemon lasted much longer before it started becoming unattractive to me

and its not like the older i get the lest attractive pokemon is to me. Pokemon the movie 2000 is still one of my all time favorite movies but the new pokemon is just retarded too much hugs and kisses its like meant for brain washing america and telling us not to play grand theft auto or BMX XXX lol.

LiNuX
08-24-2008, 12:06 PM
and its not like the older i get the lest attractive pokemon is to me. Pokemon the movie 2000 is still one of my all time favorite movies but the new pokemon is just retarded too much hugs and kisses its like meant for brain washing america and telling us not to play grand theft auto or BMX XXX lol.

lol yeah. Pokemon the movie 2000 was the last one i watched thoroughly. i know they had pokemon 3 the movie - i watched it a while ago at my cousins house cuz he's a huge pokemon fan and he got the movie on dvd the day it came out - couldn't wait to show it to me when i got there lol, it was alright, I still have my Entei Pokemon card somewhere :D i sold most of them and bought my PS2 lol

but yeah, i agree with you, after a while it made me wanna play GTA and back then I used to love Dragon Ball Z so i watched those or played the games when I can, pokemon died for me then

BangkokJames
08-24-2008, 12:12 PM
lol yeah. Pokemon the movie 2000 was the last one i watched thoroughly. i know they had pokemon 3 the movie - i watched it a while ago at my cousins house cuz he's a huge pokemon fan and he got the movie on dvd the day it came out - couldn't wait to show it to me when i got there lol, it was alright, I still have my Entei Pokemon card somewhere :D i sold most of them and bought my PS2 lol

but yeah, i agree with you, after a while it made me wanna play GTA and back then I used to love Dragon Ball Z so i watched those or played the games when I can, pokemon died for me then

i remember growing up in thailand there was a pokemon green lol and i bought it and tried to play it but it turned out the game was in japanese. and if anyone was wondering y did they not have a green... well they did but it was in japanese. i guess everyones favorite pokemon back then was charzard and blastoise and venessaur was just not a beast so they just didn't make it into english i guess.

LiNuX
08-24-2008, 12:15 PM
yeah, they made pokemon fire red, leaf green, and water blue afterwards in english - was like the old red, blue, and green versions - but with more colors lol, never played any of these though, i assumed they were just like the old ones and by the time these came out, i was getting ready to get off the pokemon boat and onto something else

Samus-Fan
08-24-2008, 12:18 PM
The best is Gold, Silver and Crystal. But get rid of Crystal, didn't like it that much.
Still waiting for them to make a Gold/Silver remake. They re-made Red and Blue. I want another Lugia!

BangkokJames
08-24-2008, 12:20 PM
The best is Gold, Silver and Crystal. But get rid of Crystal, didn't like it that much.
Still waiting for them to make a Gold/Silver remake. They re-made Red and Blue. I want another Lugia!

wait i can't remember if gold and silver had the day and night thing and the pokemon animation

LiNuX
08-24-2008, 12:25 PM
wait i can't remember if gold and silver had the day and night thing and the pokemon animation

yea that's the day and night thing and yes to pokemon animation if you mean you can actually see some outside of the pokeball or outside of battle

and that was also the one with the duplicate glitch lol

Flab-Ender
08-24-2008, 12:26 PM
1st gen all the way. You can't beat the classics.

BangkokJames
08-24-2008, 12:28 PM
yea that's the day and night thing and yes to pokemon animation if you mean you can actually see some outside of the pokeball or outside of battle

and that was also the one with the duplicate glitch lol

no like when u are in a battle and u first see the pokemon does it show an animation instead of just standing still

LiNuX
08-24-2008, 12:30 PM
no like when u are in a battle and u first see the pokemon does it show an animation instead of just standing still

i honestly don't remember, i know what you are talking about thought - i also played some of the later versions so i may be confusing it with them so i can't say

and my gold version was stolen so i can't check either :( stolen many years ago, i definitely don't remember what it was when you battle lol

Flab-Ender
08-24-2008, 12:31 PM
It shows the animation.

BangkokJames
08-24-2008, 12:39 PM
i honestly don't remember, i know what you are talking about thought - i also played some of the later versions so i may be confusing it with them so i can't say

and my gold version was stolen so i can't check either :( stolen many years ago, i definitely don't remember what it was when you battle lol

i lost my crystal version and i don't know how i did it lol if i still had my crystal i would probably be playing right now while on the forum