PDA

View Full Version : Which is the worst GTA Game ever?

Scott
07-26-2008, 05:08 PM
I would like to know which GTA you think is the worst. I'm not including the classic and gameboy ones.

LiNuX
07-26-2008, 05:11 PM
I haven't played all of them. I started on GTA III, then vice city, then San Andreas (never owned this) - haven't even played GTA IV Yet

Wasn't GTA I & II On the PS2 a 2D game? lol, i think they were - but i can't really say which the worst GTA to me is because I haven't played them all

Mr Cool
07-26-2008, 05:12 PM
GTA 3. Even back when it first came out I didnt like it. City was dull, characters were dull and the missions were boring for the most part.

Scott
07-26-2008, 05:15 PM
GTA 3. Even back when it first came out I didnt like it. City was dull, characters were dull and the missions were boring for the most part.

Well I loved GTA 3 because it was just mind-blowing and so new. Never seen anyrhing like it before.

Trunks
07-26-2008, 08:33 PM
I played GTA Vice City the most out of them all. I think there kind of boring now, maybe it was just that 4 sucked. I probably won't pick up 5.

jakncoke
07-26-2008, 08:57 PM
well Vice City sucked pretty bad, Liberty City Stories was pretty terrible, Vice City Stories was retched, not on the list but I really wanted to vote for London 1969...I hated that game with passion. I suppose LCS fails the hardest.

blaze4556
07-26-2008, 09:03 PM
i didnt like GTA 3 either, its like the only 3D GTA game that i never finished...then again i was so young that i wasnt good at those types of games at the time

jakncoke
07-26-2008, 09:41 PM
GTA3 is my 3rd favorite GTA ever, San Andreas is #1 and GTA4 is #2. I really only like 4 of the GTA's, GTA2 is my other favrorite.

Scott
07-27-2008, 10:55 AM
I voted for Vice City Stories. I really hated the llong loading times in that game.

Joshuah
08-06-2008, 03:41 AM
Vice City!! Its to cartoony and bright, I completed but the graphics were horibble!

froggy21
08-06-2008, 05:49 PM
GTA 3 and City Liberty Stories are slightly the same... If I could vote for 2, GTA 3 and Liberty City Stories would be my choices.

Yonebyte1
08-10-2008, 03:35 AM
You forgot ti include the earliset versions...
Like GTA LONDON, GTA, GTA 2. :-P

Metallica1983
08-10-2008, 10:01 PM
I think the Liberty city and Vice City stores ones were the worst cuz they weren't even sequals they were just spin offs made just to make more money off the frachise's name they both sucked cuz such little time was spent in the development just like GH rock the 80's it was a revamped version of GH2 but just with different songs and a different color scheme I hate that crap

Hawk
08-11-2008, 01:15 AM
Has anyone played the 1st one on PS1?
your a block and you have to kill other blocks XD

BangkokJames
08-24-2008, 01:52 AM
i think gta 4 sucked cuzz it didn't have all the cool stuff like in SA like gang wars territories and all that crapp. but the graphics are real good though gotta give it that

MacQuarie
09-18-2008, 12:49 AM
I've loved all the GTA in the series apart from GTA 4, although I wouldn't say it's the worst ever. The worst ever for me would be the gameboy version. But on the provided list I'd choose GTA4.

Blackbird
09-19-2008, 03:37 AM
I dunno about these game there, Liberty Stories xD

LuckyStrike
09-19-2008, 05:24 AM
I've enjoyed playing all the GTA's but if I had to pick one it would be one that isn't in the poll, GTA London, didn't like that one as much as the other old school ones but it was alright.

Blackbird
09-19-2008, 05:50 AM
GTA London isn't that first of all GTA series :( xD

jakncoke
09-19-2008, 11:03 AM
GTA London isn't that first of all GTA series :( xD

No, that was an expansion to GTA 1

LuckyStrike
09-19-2008, 11:15 AM
An expansion for GTA 1 that I got bored of really fast, yeah it's definitely the worst one imo.

Rei
09-19-2008, 02:10 PM
GTA Vice City was the worst for a few reasons.

GTA 3 came out and it set the bar for it's genre, the sandbox type of game where you can go anywhere you want and kill anyone you want and steal whatever car you want. It brought the great gameplay of GTA 1,2, and London into full 3d from the third person perspective.

It was such a great game that it deserved a sequal. Rockstar rushed to give gamers what they wanted and came up with a dismal sequal (although it was a prequal) Vice City was so hyped that when it came out it was disapointing. The graphics werent any better (Aside from some new lighting effects and rain drops on the camera) and the new city felt so small and limiting. The addition of melee weapons was ok but the targeting system made those melee weapons almost pointless. The story was basically Scarface retold but without memorable characters and plot devices. In a nutshell GTA Vice City was GTA 3 on a new worse island with really nothing new aside from it being in the 80's.

GTA San Andreas redifined the series with a more hardcore approach. The story was so great, the soundtrack was arguably the best in the entire series, the characters were incredibly well done, the world was MASSIVE almost too big, they added airplanes and tons of new cars, tons of new weapons and some of the most fun sidequests in the GTA series. It was a proper addition to the GTA series and easily one of the most fun and time consuming.

I dont even want to get into how good GTA IV is because i could talk good things about it all day. It's one of the most incredible games i've ever played and it's one of only a handful of games anyone (including me) would consider a perfect game. Just check around the internet and see how many reviews gave it a perfect score.

jakncoke
09-19-2008, 02:48 PM
GTA4 is far from perfect, it's a fun game and doesn't deserve the hate gaf gives it but yeah far perfect.

MacQuarie
09-19-2008, 03:25 PM
It was such a great game that it deserved a sequal. Rockstar rushed to give gamers what they wanted and came up with a dismal sequal (although it was a prequal) Vice City was so hyped that when it came out it was disapointing. The graphics werent any better (Aside from some new lighting effects and rain drops on the camera) and the new city felt so small and limiting. The addition of melee weapons was ok but the targeting system made those melee weapons almost pointless. The story was basically Scarface retold but without memorable characters and plot devices. In a nutshell GTA Vice City was GTA 3 on a new worse island with really nothing new aside from it being in the 80's.
I agree that the map was too small compared with Liberty City, but I don't think it was the worst. I liked the glowing graphics of Vice City, loved the soundtrack and the story. Sure, it was basically a rip off of Scarface, but who doesn't love scarface? My only problem with the game was it was too easy and short. It took me months to complete the GTA3 missions, but only weeks to finish Vice City.

I dont even want to get into how good GTA IV is because i could talk good things about it all day. It's one of the most incredible games i've ever played and it's one of only a handful of games anyone (including me) would consider a perfect game. Just check around the internet and see how many reviews gave it a perfect score.
I wouldn't call it perfect, and I certainly wouldn't base my opinion solely on reviews. It has some fun points and some interesting new features but I just couldn't get into it like I did for all the others in the series. The graphics annoyed me a bit, everything was so gritty and dark making it all look bland and boring. The cartoonish look of 3/VC/SA was something that I liked.

Rei
09-19-2008, 05:21 PM
I agree that the map was too small compared with Liberty City, but I don't think it was the worst. I liked the glowing graphics of Vice City, loved the soundtrack and the story. Sure, it was basically a rip off of Scarface, but who doesn't love scarface? My only problem with the game was it was too easy and short. It took me months to complete the GTA3 missions, but only weeks to finish Vice City.

I wouldn't call it perfect, and I certainly wouldn't base my opinion solely on reviews. It has some fun points and some interesting new features but I just couldn't get into it like I did for all the others in the series. The graphics annoyed me a bit, everything was so gritty and dark making it all look bland and boring. The cartoonish look of 3/VC/SA was something that I liked.

I'm the exact opposite. I hate the movie Scarface. I'm sick of every single person thinking it's the greatest movie ever, and how every single person in the rap industry thinks he is Tony Montana... it's just stupid and i dont want a game that emulates a movie that is popular for alot of the wrong reasons.

No game is perfect, no game. But i would absolutley say as i did before that GTA IV is one of those games that is close to perfect. And i'm not at all basing my opinions on other peoples reviews. I loved the replay value of GTA IV and i played it for months and nearly every day i'd see an animation or something that i'd never seen before... GTA IV has one of the highest replay values of any game i've ever played and that means my 60 dollars was money more than well spent.

As for the dark gritty look again that's where my opinion is opposite of others. I hated the cartoony unrealistic look of prior GTA games. With sandbox games every has a different play style. For me i like to play realistically and GTA IV had that real world feeling to it, especially with the physics engine. The game is dark when you're in certain ghetto-ish parts of the city and you can feel the depression of the businesses and the people that live there, then you head to what is basically times square and the lights and traffic made the area feel vibrant and full of life. That's where this game differs from other GTA games. The game just really feels alive and realistic.

And i dont think Liberty/Vice City stories games should count as they were PSP games ported to the ps2. Awesome games on the psp, not so much on the ps2.

jakncoke
09-19-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm the exact opposite. I hate the movie Scarface. I'm sick of every single person thinking it's the greatest movie ever, and how every single person in the rap industry thinks he is Tony Montana... it's just stupid and i dont want a game that emulates a movie that is popular for alot of the wrong reasons.

http://www.facepalm.org/img.php

MacQuarie
09-19-2008, 05:30 PM
The greatest movie ever is The Shawshank Redemption. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar. D: But I don't think you could base a game on it.

I don't really want something to feel real when I'm going on a rampage, stealing cars, shooting innocent people and other fun crimes. When something looks too real it can be a bit disturbing.

Rei
09-19-2008, 05:40 PM
The greatest movie ever is The Shawshank Redemption. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar. D: But I don't think you could base a game on it.

I don't really want something to feel real when I'm going on a rampage, stealing cars, shooting innocent people and other fun crimes. When something looks too real it can be a bit disturbing.

Shawshank Redemption is a GREAT movie. The Dark Knight is the greatest movie ever in my opinion =P

Killing people in just about any FPS or 3rdPS is very realistic, take just about any WW2 game for example. Playing a game and having fun for it's realism is one thing, mistaking things you're doing in a realistic game for real life is another. I wish it would disturb me but i'm so sick and twisted i find it entertaining.

Rei
09-19-2008, 05:51 PM
http://www.facepalm.org/img.php

Scarface is not that great of a movie, if my opinion deserves a facepalm then so be it.

So many movies do the "badass" guy trying to get on top of the game so much better.

Blackbird
09-19-2008, 06:15 PM
I'm never actually have seen Scarface movie so I don't know how the game is or the movie. GTA Vice City is fun, under the 80s. I think Liberity Story take it.
What should you choose San Andreas or Liberity Story? Hmm. I guess it will be San Andreas :)

mizushinzui
09-22-2008, 07:17 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and agree with rei, vice city wasn't really that diffrent when it was released, I mean when GTAIII came it it did somthing diffrent, they just tryed to get away with a shoddy title for the cash in and when they realised that it wouldn't work they actually took their time and created GTA SA.

and as for GTA IV, I have not played any of the missions from the main game only ran around the city with guns and played online against people, but I did enjoy playing it, the best new addition is the ability to slow mo jump from a rapidly speeding vehicle and smash your back straght into a street lamp.