PDA

View Full Version : What do you think Sony will do after MS announces the Xbox 720?

Mr Cool
07-26-2008, 06:50 PM
Will they stick to the 10 year plan?

What do you think?

Scott
07-26-2008, 06:55 PM
The 10 year plan does not mean they can't launch a new console in say 2010. It just means they will continue their full support for the console for that long minumum.

Even so does sony need to release a new console in a close time frame to competitors and vice versa?

If MS releases the 720 in say 2010 will it really matter if sony launches theirs in 2014?

MS console will likely be in the casual market price ranges already and the hardcore gamers will be looking for something new already so in comes sony with theirs and a new cycle of console releases forms.

jakncoke
07-26-2008, 09:53 PM
The 10 year plan does not mean they can't launch a new console in say 2010. It just means they will continue their full support for the console for that long minumum.

Even so does sony need to release a new console in a close time frame to competitors and vice versa?

If MS releases the 720 in say 2010 will it really matter if sony launches theirs in 2014?

MS console will likely be in the casual market price ranges already and the hardcore gamers will be looking for something new already so in comes sony with theirs and a new cycle of console releases forms.

This can't be stated enough, also I think Microsoft/Sony don't have any real plans on launching a new console anytime soon, both seems interested in making money and really have given up against the Wii...which they should because why should they cost themselves ton in console race when that's really just e-peens for the fanboys, all they care about is making money now. Looking at Nintendo the 2 gens, they were trounced by PS1/PS2 yet still made a ton of profit. It wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft/Sony didn't start releasing info on nex-gen consoles till 2011 and release in in 2012 or so.

LiNuX
07-27-2008, 12:33 AM
This can't be stated enough, also I think Microsoft/Sony don't have any real plans on launching a new console anytime soon, both seems interested in making money and really have given up against the Wii...which they should because why should they cost themselves ton in console race when that's really just e-peens for the fanboys, all they care about is making money now. Looking at Nintendo the 2 gens, they were trounced by PS1/PS2 yet still made a ton of profit. It wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft/Sony didn't start releasing info on nex-gen consoles till 2011 and release in in 2012 or so.

i'll somewhat agree and add another year or two to your predictions. MS Has one console still selling high, not looking to back down, and Sony still has 2 consoles selling high - they aren't likely to bring out another console for a while

but who knows...they could just bring out another one very soon just to rack up on sales and get the lead in whoever is the biggest console creator.

jakncoke
07-27-2008, 12:39 AM
2012 release date really isn't that soon, that'll put the 360 at 7 yrs old and the PS3 at 6, considering the normal console span is 5 yrs.

EpsilonX
07-27-2008, 10:08 AM
2012 release date really isn't that soon, that'll put the 360 at 7 yrs old and the PS3 at 6, considering the normal console span is 5 yrs.

I'm hoping that with consoles becoming more of an investment that it's longer than 5 years before a new one comes out.

LiNuX
07-27-2008, 10:42 AM

well by soon i meant 2010 or so - computer technology is getting better and cheaper every year so making more powerful and better consoles by 2010 would be very possible - and they'll be able to sell it for a lower price

so they may just go for that and continue with the war at another level

EpsilonX
07-27-2008, 09:54 PM
well by soon i meant 2010 or so - computer technology is getting better and cheaper every year so making more powerful and better consoles by 2010 would be very possible - and they'll be able to sell it for a lower price

so they may just go for that and continue with the war at another level

It seems like the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube gen lasted a lot longer than it did.

LiNuX
07-27-2008, 09:55 PM
It seems like the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube gen lasted a lot longer than it did.

yeah i know and the PS2 is still here, still one of the top selling consoles in the world - dont know about xbox and i know gamecube is barely selling if any at all

EpsilonX
07-27-2008, 10:04 PM
yeah i know and the PS2 is still here, still one of the top selling consoles in the world - dont know about xbox and i know gamecube is barely selling if any at all

Well I mean it seems like their time was longer than 5 years...It seems like I got good use out of my N64 before i upgraded, and good use out of my Gamecube before 2006 came...I got my PS3 a year after it came out and feel like I've barely used it...well this generation is less than half over so we'll see.

LiNuX
07-27-2008, 10:08 PM
Well I mean it seems like their time was longer than 5 years...It seems like I got good use out of my N64 before i upgraded, and good use out of my Gamecube before 2006 came...I got my PS3 a year after it came out and feel like I've barely used it...well this generation is less than half over so we'll see.

oh yeah, it did feel longer now that you mention it lol - seemed like i had my ps2 for a decade before the ps3 came out

Metallica1983
08-12-2008, 12:23 AM
Xbox 720 is fake isn't it

jakncoke
08-12-2008, 12:58 AM
Xbox 720 is fake isn't it

as of now, yes. No one knows except Microsoft insiders when the next Xbox will be announced or what it'll be called.

rukisuto
08-12-2008, 07:59 AM
as of now, yes. No one knows except Microsoft insiders when the next Xbox will be announced or what it'll be called.

The Xbox 720 sounds gay anyways.
I hope they come out with a different name.

Yonebyte1
08-13-2008, 04:58 PM
It's to early to speculate.
Gaming indusry changes constantly.

Trunks
08-13-2008, 07:37 PM
Sony will probably raise the ps3's price to match the new xbox's price = p

rukisuto
08-14-2008, 11:11 AM
It's to early to speculate.
Gaming indusry changes constantly.

But you know how everyone LOVES to speculate.
Even if we had the next generation of consoles come out, they would then do on to speculate the next ones.
It's a never ending cycle, lol.

El3mentGamer
08-14-2008, 12:51 PM

that would be RETARDED!

i think they SOHULD make a PS4

jakncoke
08-14-2008, 12:57 PM

Sony is not that stupid, I think they learned they're lesson on console pricing. I don't think the consumer has to worry about another 600 dollar console from Sony. I expect PS4 or whatever it's called to launch for 450 or so which will probably=like 350 of today's money when you factor in inflation.

MacQuarie
08-24-2008, 11:12 PM

That might just be because of the amounts of games you've played on it. I feel the same way, but I've only played 4 games on my PS3. I can remember having at least 8+ games on each Sega Mega Drive, N64 and PS2. I also remember playing them non-stop which I haven't really done with PS3.

That would be insane. They would make more money if they kept their product cheaper than the competition. That was a reason that so many people got the Wii.

otis
04-10-2009, 02:05 PM
increase their ps3 price.