PDA

View Full Version : MLB trade deadline looming

jakncoke
07-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Pirated your such idiots for trading Nady...Any who here is the trades that have happened. Post the ones I miss..ktks :)

Yankees get: Xavier Nady and Damaso Marte

Pirate get: Jose Tabata, Dan McCutchen, Jeff Karstens and Ross Ohlendorf

Cardinals get: Luis Perdomo

Indians gets: Anthony Reyes

Dodgers get: Casey Blake

Indians get: Carlos Santana , Jon Meloan

LiNuX
07-27-2008, 12:24 AM
haven't followed this season of MLB lol, like..at all - i only caught a few games here and there and all the games were the yankees games - 2 being the last subway series.

Yanks giving away 4 for 2 - wonder what they pay each player - they are probably getting a very good deal.

jakncoke
07-27-2008, 12:31 AM
I'm kinda not as mad at the Pirates right now, baseballamerica did a top 10 minors for each club and as of Jan 7th 08'...Tebata was the Yankees 3rd best prospect and Ohlendorf was there 8th. I know Pirates are going to get me mad soon though, Jason Bay is nearly 30 and eating up a big chunk of salary, that means 1 thing in the Pirates mind...trade time and that will make me a sad person.

LiNuX
07-27-2008, 12:36 AM
I'm kinda not as mad at the Pirates right now, baseballamerica did a top 10 minors for each club and as of Jan 7th 08'...Tebata was the Yankees 3rd best prospect and Ohlendorf was there 8th. I know Pirates are going to get me mad soon though, Jason Bay is nearly 30 and eating up a big chunk of salary, that means 1 thing in the Pirates mind...trade time and that will make me a sad person.

lol heh..don't worry about it, yankees probably won't get anywhere any way, they get to play offs alright, then they screw up no matter what hot player they have on their team - not as much of a screw up as the mets though lol (gotta bring up the other NYC Team)

jakncoke
07-27-2008, 12:37 AM
I have to worry about though Nady was awesome and Bay is awesome and there a cornerstone of our team, I have to worry about these things because the Pirates are about to tie the all time record for most seasons in a row finishing below .500

LiNuX
07-28-2008, 12:48 PM
I have to worry about though Nady was awesome and Bay is awesome and there a cornerstone of our team, I have to worry about these things because the Pirates are about to tie the all time record for most seasons in a row finishing below .500

lol they are? wow...who's holding the record now?

jakncoke
07-28-2008, 03:57 PM
lol they are? wow...who's holding the record now?

the Phillies finished below .500 from 1933 to 1948

LiNuX
07-28-2008, 05:40 PM
the Phillies finished below .500 from 1933 to 1948

wow 15 years...thats bad - hope they don't break the record

jakncoke
07-28-2008, 05:44 PM
wow 15 years...thats bad - hope they don't break the record

it's 16, if you count yr to yr it comes to 16.

Link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Phillies_seasons)

LiNuX
07-28-2008, 06:18 PM
it's 16, if you count yr to yr it comes to 16.

Link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Phillies_seasons)

oh yeah lol, meh..i haven' been much of the math guy lately, especially today

jakncoke
07-30-2008, 01:32 PM
Angels gets: Mark Teixeira

Atanta gets: Casey Kotchman and Stephan Marek

25 hours till the trading deadline.

Yanks get: Ivan Rodriguez

Tigers get: Kyle Farnsworth.

With Posada out for the season this is a good trade, also it's worth noting that Pudge has 2,142 games played behind the plate, only Carlton Fisk 2,226 and Bob Boone 2,225 have more.

Yanks get: Matt Cusick

Astros get: Latroy Hawkins

Hawkins need on the team was no more when they traded for Pirates Marte.

Marlins gets: Arthur Rhodes

Mariners gets: Gaby Hernandez

Dodgers gets: Manny Ramirez

Red Sox gets: Jason Bay

Pirates gets: Andy Laroche , Bryan Morris , Brandon Moss, Craig Hanson

this sucks, ****ing Pirates

Yankees gets: Jhonny Nunez

Nationals gets: Alberto Gonzalez

white sox get: Ken Griffey Jr

red get: Nick Masset and infielder Danny Richar