PDA

View Full Version : Red Alert 3 being left off of PS3

jakncoke
07-30-2008, 03:57 PM
Apparently, developing games for the PlayStation 3 is roughly comparable to that one time we pushed a wheelbarrow full of lovely, scantily clad ladies up and down the beach -- "exotic and tough." Speaking to VideoGamer.com, EALA producer Amer Ajami used those words to elaborate on the decision to halt PS3 development of the Hitler-free real-time strategy romp, Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3.

"We actually announced a PS3 version early on but that was when we were still doing a lot of technical exploration of the architecture," explained Ajami. "PS3 is a very powerful system but as you guys know it's very exotic and tough to develop for and our engine really at the time wasn't designed for PS3." Couch commanders need not give up all hope, though, as Ajami notes EA "might go back and do something with the PS3 later on." Also just like that time we pushed a wheelbarrow full of lovely, scantily clad ladies up and down the beach.*

Red Alert 3 skipping PS3 due to 'exotic and tough' development - Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/29/red-alert-3-skipping-ps3-due-to-exotic-and-tough-development/)

Why don't you just come out and say" hey guys we're not smart enough or good enough devs to make good games on the ps3" such BS, the good devs that made good games and figured out the ps3 is getting higher as the months go on

EpsilonX
08-02-2008, 12:45 AM
Meh. I don't think RTS games belong on consoles anyways. If I want the game, i'll get it on PC.

Blackbird
08-02-2008, 01:04 AM
This game will be on PC, already have been trying beta thought. Pretty cool xD

jakncoke
08-02-2008, 02:16 AM
Meh. I don't think RTS games belong on consoles anyways. If I want the game, i'll get it on PC.

me neither but the point still stands that it's BS that the PS3 is being snubbed even though I really don't care as I wouldn't the game anyway, but I think PS3 only owners should at least have the option.

Blackbird
08-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Red Alert 3 is belong to play in PC not consoles xD

jakncoke
08-02-2008, 12:22 PM
gahh you dummy's are totally missing the point, whatevs if you want to continue on your belongs on PC...

EpsilonX
08-08-2008, 09:01 PM
I mean, 360 has a bunch of RTS games...Universe at War, Supreme Commander, upcoming Halo Wars and this...gah. Everyone must hate sony.