PDA

View Full Version : I wish I had a PS3..

Toby83
07-31-2008, 04:59 PM
All my friends have PS3's and I always wanted one from when they frist came out... now all my friends torture me cause I just have a PS2 and PSP slim :( I love my slim I play it almost everyday but for a in-home console :laugh: I wish I could some how to get a PS3. I don't have a job, and im only 13 :( any ideas?

jakncoke
07-31-2008, 05:03 PM
mow lawns to get money, trade in games for in store credit so you won't cost you as much.

Iceskater101
07-31-2008, 05:31 PM
ok first of all do you get allowance?
if you don't ask your parents for an allowance tell them you will offer a dollar per chore and at least that will get you money
also another idea is if you have old toys or clothes you could sell those to get money?
and what jak said mow lawns depending on the lawn type is what you can charge
plus there is christmas so maybe if you have enough money saved you could pitch in for part of your ps3 and your parents could pay for half

LiNuX
07-31-2008, 07:41 PM
lol, i wish i had any of the next gen consoles but i am saving..i have the money to buy them all but college term is go nna start up soon and i need money for books lol - nerdy? may be...but its all for a good cause :D

Toby83
07-31-2008, 08:45 PM
lol, i wish i had any of the next gen consoles but i am saving..i have the money to buy them all but college term is go nna start up soon and i need money for books lol - nerdy? may be...but its all for a good cause :D

lol yeah it sounds kinda nerdy but also "nerdy" can mean a video game freak, lol picture a nerd playing a game all day in a dark living room an a home-brew Xbox :twitcy: yeah again, it SOUNDS nerdy but if you really think about it having a good education is way more importiant, oh about the mowing lawns I do it for my neighbor already I don't really know anyone in our neighborhood, but yeah I get paid $14 I mow 1 acer. anyway thats not alot of help ether cause in the summer it doesn't rain a whole lot sow I probably mow about 10 times for them (or less) the whole summer, and oh I just bought a Computer and my dad paid half lol it's an HP.

LiNuX
07-31-2008, 08:47 PM
lol yeah it sounds kinda nerdy but also "nerdy" can mean a video game freak, lol picture a nerd playing a game all day in a dark living room an a home-brew Xbox :twitcy: yeah again, it SOUNDS nerdy but if you really think about it having a good education is way more importiant, oh about the mowing lawns I do it for my neighbor already I don't really know anyone in our neighborhood, but yeah I get paid $14 I mow 1 acer. anyway thats not alot of help ether cause in the summer it doesn't rain a whole lot sow I probably mow about 10 times for them (or less) the whole summer, and oh I just bought a Computer and my dad paid half lol it's an HP.

lol and also its about spending your money the smart way - now that im not 12 any more, i dont try to buy all the games that come out cuz trust me, when i was 12, i had to get my favorite games no matter what lol, and consoles...

and also when you work for your money, you are more hesitant to spend it all on luxury items - you are sometimes forced to spend them on necessities

Toby83
07-31-2008, 08:51 PM
lol and also its about spending your money the smart way - now that im not 12 any more, i dont try to buy all the games that come out cuz trust me, when i was 12, i had to get my favorite games no matter what lol, and consoles...

and also when you work for your money, you are more hesitant to spend it all on luxury items - you are sometimes forced to spend them on necessities

yeah thats true, I usally work hard for all my money so I actually appricate what I use it for, you don't tend to really get that sense of pride if you have your parents buy it for you cause you didn't actually earn it.

LiNuX
07-31-2008, 08:56 PM
yeah thats true, I usally work hard for all my money so I actually appricate what I use it for, you don't tend to really get that sense of pride if you have your parents buy it for you cause you didn't actually earn it.

lol yup...you can now say "I BOUGHT IT" and mean that you actually bought it, where years ago the "I" would mean "my parents" lol

and also i have bills to pay so thats another reason why i haven't bought a next gen console yet. I was looking to get a PS3 or a Wii a few months ago then changed my mind the day i was gonna go out to get it.

Toby83
07-31-2008, 08:59 PM
lol yup...you can now say "I BOUGHT IT" and mean that you actually bought it, where years ago the "I" would mean "my parents" lol

and also i have bills to pay so thats another reason why i haven't bought a next gen console yet. I was looking to get a PS3 or a Wii a few months ago then changed my mind the day i was gonna go out to get it.

lol thats smart by the way, are you moved out of your parents house? not to be nosy but what age did you move out (if you did yet)

LiNuX
07-31-2008, 09:01 PM
lol thats smart by the way, are you moved out of your parents house? not to be nosy but what age did you move out (if you did yet)

nah..i didnt move out lol, but i pay for my own stuff - i pay for the cable bill (both tv and internet) and i used to pay the electric bill too but then my dad took over lol, something about me forgetting until the last minute

but yeah..i always pay the day before it's due lol - my dad likes doing things early and electricity is kind of a necessity so he handles it where internet and tv aren't.

Toby83
07-31-2008, 09:06 PM
yeah your dad it reading the paper and then the lights just go out :twitcy: then he yells Linux!!! :-P or whatever your real name is :wub:

LiNuX
07-31-2008, 09:11 PM
yeah your dad it reading the paper and then the lights just go out :twitcy: then he yells Linux!!! :-P or whatever your real name is :wub:

lol yup...and if i need anything now i dont have to ask my parents for money :D i also pay my college tuition myself which i also count as a bill which eats up my wallet the most

if i got another $2000 scholarship, i definitely would have gotten a PS3, 360, and a Wii by now along with upgraded computer parts lol - even with a near $28,000 scholarship, i still have to pay from my pocket (now you can call me a nerd lol :D)

Toby83
07-31-2008, 09:13 PM
lol ok.... HEY EVERYBODY LINUX IS A NERD!! xD wow you got a $28,000 scholarship?? and if you don't mind me asking what is your real name?

wifi
08-01-2008, 10:46 AM
i wish i had a ps3 too lol, most of my friends have a ps3 or a 360 and i feel left out, parents wont buy it and i dont have a job :( need one lol but i agree with linux, i probably wont go to spend hundreds on a console with my hard earned money :-P

LiNuX
08-01-2008, 12:46 PM
lol ok.... HEY EVERYBODY LINUX IS A NERD!! xD wow you got a $28,000 scholarship?? and if you don't mind me asking what is your real name?

i am estimating how much i got...i am still owed money but the whole system is slow...

and i dont mind you asking me what my name it, it doesn't mean that I'll answer lol - very few people on this forum know my name and even fewer know what i look like :D

and also my college was supposed to pay me $5000 cuz i overpaid last year, haven't seen the money yet - so even if i had that, i could have paid off my tuition for the whole year and have money left for maybe a 360 lol

i gotta go to the Bursar office later on and ask what's up with my money...

Toby83
08-01-2008, 12:56 PM
haha so you won't tell me what your name is ;( :-P lol you seem like a cool person. :D

LiNuX
08-01-2008, 01:27 PM
haha so you won't tell me what your name is ;( :-P lol you seem like a cool person. :D

you can call me linux, a lot of people do lol - and yes..i am a cool nerd..i have t he brains, i have the musical and gaming talents and i play sports...TAKE THAT BILL GATES

and i think we should get back on topic talking about wishing to have a ps3 lol

Hockeyfan
08-01-2008, 02:49 PM
I walk our neighbors dogs, mow their lawn and water their plants.

Good money.

Toby83
08-01-2008, 08:24 PM
lol Hockyfan I VERY quickly read over your post and I thought I said and water their pants I was like what the heck.... lol and oh Linux U sound like exact copy of me :-P

Hawk
08-05-2008, 07:22 AM
Christmas?
Birthday?

Wash cars?
Mow lawns?
Clean workshops?
Walk dogs?

There is heaps of things you can do if you want to work.